Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students not welcome at Bank of Ireland?

Options
  • 02-01-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I wanted to open a 3rd level student current account at Bank of Ireland. I went to Ballsbridge branch over 2 months ago (30th October) and completed all documentation while the bank representative entered them into the system. I was advised that my new account details and debit card will arrive in the post.  I also received a confirmation email almost immediately welcoming me to Bank of Ireland and containing T&Cs, Fees booklet, etc. After waiting for almost 4 weeks and having received nothing in the post I phoned the branch but they were unable to find my details over the telephone and advised to come to the branch again. I went to the branch again on the 11th December and they still could not find my details; however I was assured that the bank representative that initially dealt with my application will call me the next day. I have not received any phone call the next day, but I thought they would have sorted this out and my debit card + bank account details will arrive shortly but they never materialised so far either...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

aqua7 wrote: »
    I wanted to open a 3rd level student current account at Bank of Ireland. I went to Ballsbridge branch over 2 months ago (30th October) and completed all documentation while the bank representative entered them into the system. I was advised that my new account details and debit card will arrive in the post.  I also received a confirmation email almost immediately welcoming me to Bank of Ireland and containing T&Cs, Fees booklet, etc. After waiting for almost 4 weeks and having received nothing in the post I phoned the branch but they were unable to find my details over the telephone and advised to come to the branch again. I went to the branch again on the 11th December and they still could not find my details; however I was assured that the bank representative that initially dealt with my application will call me the next day. I have not received any phone call the next day, but I thought they would have sorted this out and my debit card + bank account details will arrive shortly but they never materialised so far either...
    Hi aqua7,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We are very sorry to hear that you have not heard back from your branch regarding your new account. We'd like to help resolve this for you. If you would like to send us a private message with your name and contact number, we can pass this on to Ballsbridge branch and request that they contact you regarding this. 

To send a Private Message to us, please click on the link in my signature below. Please also make sure that you have signatures set to display in your Boards control panel settings. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aqua7

aqua7 wrote: »
    Hi aqua7,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We are very sorry to hear that you have not heard back from your branch regarding your new account. We'd like to help resolve this for you. If you would like to send us a private message with your name and contact number, we can pass this on to Ballsbridge branch and request that they contact you regarding this. 

To send a Private Message to us, please click on the link in my signature below. Please also make sure that you have signatures set to display in your Boards control panel settings. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

PM sent, thanks for your help and sorry for delay - I was away on holiday.

Advertisement