Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a printer that supports scan to dropbox

Options
  • 02-01-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an inkjet printer that supports scan to dropbox, i.e. i want to be able to upload docs directly from my printer to dropbox. I'm not looking to spend too much, i just want this extra functionality

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

I would think that almost any printer that can scan will be able to do what you want. Once you have Dropbox installed on your computer you'll have a Dropbox folder. Just tell the scanning software to default to adding your scans this folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭thebackbar

bluferbl wrote: »
    I would think that almost any printer that can scan will be able to do what you want. Once you have Dropbox installed on your computer you'll have a Dropbox folder. Just tell the scanning software to default to adding your scans this folder.

thanks for the reply, but some printers have this functionality built in meaning you don't need to use your computer

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

That sounds handy!

How about a solution that doesn't even require a scanner? I use an Android app called CamScanner which uses the camera on your phone and can upload directly to most cloud services. The scans are really quick and the app automatically adjusts the scans so that even if you scan at an angle to the page it corrects them to look like you took them correctly (hard to explain this feature but very impressive when you see it). I use it to scan batches of invoices and I find it's quicker than opening the scanner, scan the page, open the scanner, swap the page, scan the page etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭thebackbar

bluferbl wrote: »
    That sounds handy!

How about a solution that doesn't even require a scanner? I use an Android app called CamScanner which uses the camera on your phone and can upload directly to most cloud services. The scans are really quick and the app automatically adjusts the scans so that even if you scan at an angle to the page it corrects them to look like you took them correctly (hard to explain this feature but very impressive when you see it). I use it to scan batches of invoices and I find it's quicker than opening the scanner, scan the page, open the scanner, swap the page, scan the page etc etc.

thanks bluferbl, i hadn't really thought of doing that, but i checked that app and it looks perfect !!

Advertisement