Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay as go. how does it work

Options
  • 02-01-2015 6:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking of getting the pay as go meter into the house but have a few questions about the line rental.

How is the line rental price calculated into the p&g meter. If line rental is 35euro per 3 months and I top up my meter of 25euro a week and I end up in credit, how is it calculated that my meter only takes the 35euro per 3 months.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi duckcfc,

Thanks for your post.

With an Electric Ireland Pay As You Go Meter there isn't any line rental charge per se - you pay the standard unit rate. What usage you can expect per top-up depends on whether you're opting for Pay As You Go as a lifestyle choice or as a way to clear existing arrears (in which case 25% of each top-up goes towards clearing arrears).

The following video provides useful information on our Pay As You Go option, and there are some frequently asked questions here.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement