Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch Cups 2015

• 02-01-2015 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Well lads,

Can any member here give me the heads up on the Tralee scratch cups. Ballybunion have theirs up already. Trying a big of advance planning.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

plumber77 wrote: »
    Well lads,

Can any member here give me the heads up on the Tralee scratch cups. Ballybunion have theirs up already. Trying a big of advance planning.

Cheers
    Depends on which SC you're talking about, but usually the Junior is on in early May, Intermediate is early June and Senior is early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭plumber77

Cheers for that. It would the the junior is be looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

I just had a look on the GUI site Opens list. Absolutely no Scratch Cups listed. I know it's early, but they usually have a few of the March / April ones up in December, don't they? Wondering if there simply are none up yet, or if it's a search glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Zada

Was just looking through tralee GC website and the dates posted are May 16th for intermediate and June 27th for junior scratch cup if you look up news and events on the site you will see it there

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Ballybunions Intermediate is the 17th May, will make a good weekend of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Depends on which SC you're talking about, but usually the Junior is on in early May, Intermediate is early June and Senior is early July.
    What are handicap bands for the different Scratch cups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Tralee is 11-18. Ballybunion is 12-18 for intermediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

I just had a look on the GUI site Opens list. Absolutely no Scratch Cups listed. I know it's early, but they usually have a few of the March / April ones up in December, don't they? Wondering if there simply are none up yet, or if it's a search glitch.

GUI are currently upgrading golfnet website and its in here that clubs add the open fixtures. Most of the features in golfnet are disabled at present until the new site is launched so clubs cant add any fixtures at the moment.

Brendygg wrote: »
    Ballybunions Intermediate is the 17th May, will make a good weekend of it.
    Sounds like a weekend in Kerry.
    Any idea when they open for bookings???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

mike12 wrote: »
    Sounds like a weekend in Kerry.
    Any idea when they open for bookings???

Last year it opened two weeks before comp. Probably be the same this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Cheers for posting, trying to do a bit of planning myself, i know each club is different but is it generally April for Counting Comps to start up again. No intension of Thread hijack just same idea for planning,

Top Golfer have their opener on April 10th - the Friday of The Masters. It's a mix of SSC and JSC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭big_drive

Top Golfer have their opener on April 10th - the Friday of The Masters. It's a mix of SSC and JSC.

Where is it on?

big_drive wrote: »
    Where is it on?

Portmarnock Links

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Apologies if this is a stupid question but does anyone know if any club hold their Junior scratch and intermediate cup on the same weekend? I play off 12and my buddy plays off 6. It would be nice to play some quality course over the same weekend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Yeah, lots of them do. It's a handy way to get out with buddies in different handicap categories as you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Yeah, lots of them do. It's a handy way to get out with buddies in different handicap categories as you suggest.

Thanks for your reply. Is it a matter of simply keeping an eye on the gui website or is there some other way of finding out fixtures and dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Thanks for your reply. Is it a matter of simply keeping an eye on the gui website or is there some other way of finding out fixtures and dates?

Apols for the delay, yeah pretty much just keep track of the GUI open list. That's how I do it anyhow. Alternatively your buddy in a different category could play with you in comp and just mark your card, not be eligible for a prize. My auld lad did that for me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DVPHM

Killarney scratch cups 20th of June (junior and intermidate) I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

Topgolfer website is back showing the 2015 schedule for Junior and Senior scratch cups:

http://www.topgolfer.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Blessington lakes hold their Junior, Inter and Minor scratch cups in the 1st weekend in September, last years results are still on the website to get a guage of the scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Topgolfer website is back showing the 2015 schedule for Junior and Senior scratch cups:

http://www.topgolfer.ie

Are these scratch cups exclusive to the topgolfer tour players or are they open to anyone with gui?

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Are these scratch cups exclusive to the topgolfer tour players or are they open to anyone with gui?

These events are open to anyone with a GUI handicap and its not mandatory to join the tour to play in an event.

Joining the tour up just means being on the order of merit and on winning an event or via end of season playoffs, going to the championship event at the end of the season. This is a two day freebie knees-up with accommodation included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Anyone know if K Club or Druids Glen run scratch cups each year?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Lucan's Senior & Junior Scratch Cups are on May 3rd this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Lucan's Senior & Junior Scratch Cups are on May 3rd this year

Thanks, one of the few remaining 36 hole scratch cups and very well run on possibly the best greens in Ireland, they were frightening fast and smooth last year. Any indication as to when the timesheet opens yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Thanks, one of the few remaining 36 hole scratch cups and very well run on possibly the best greens in Ireland, they were frightening fast and smooth last year. Any indication as to when the timesheet opens yet?

Will find out and post on here as soon as I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Apologies if this is a stupid question but does anyone know if any club hold their Junior scratch and intermediate cup on the same weekend? I play off 12and my buddy plays off 6. It would be nice to play some quality course over the same weekend....

Bray junior (4-10) & intermediate (11-18) is on June 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Athys junior and intermediate is on weekend of 8/9 August. Our new 6th hole will be well in play by then

• Advertisement

big_drive wrote: »
    Where is it on?
    Portmarnock Links

Is there an online booking system for this to check availability and book? The Portmarnock Links website is particular poor and the only booking system I can find is through golfswitch.com which doesn't list open competitions and in this case the scratch cup itself.

Book a spot in the junior scratch cup in portmarnock today..april 10th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Apart from visiting each clubsite individually is there any one place that has much of this info yet outside of golfnet or gui? Really annoying.

Apart from visiting each clubsite individually is there any one place that has much of this info yet outside of golfnet or gui? Really annoying.

Don't think so, there's a good list of SCC and JSC events that are on the TopGolfer tour:
    http://www.topgolfer.ie/tour
    or alternatively there's the BRSGolf opencomps search function:
    http://www.brsgolf.com/opencomps/ireland
    but unfortunately not all clubs are on the BRS system.
    Generally though the GUI site is best although it doesn't look like it at present since the so called upgrade/revamp. It's not easy keeping abreast of all the events as not only have you to consider the scratch cups themselves but also as to when the tee booking opens for the more popular ones.

Have booked into the JSC in Castle Golf Club on Fri 17th April, tee booking opening yesterday and already starting to fill up. Annoying it's a Fri but it's always jammed packed as rarely any open events at Castle and the course is usually top notch.

I see on the GUI site Roganstown are having a JSC and ISC on 6th Apr, nice course and good value at €20 but why have it on a Mon in early Apr? Terrible timing and appears to be trying to drum up business for a quite Mon in early season rather than fill the time sheet of a weekend. Would have liked to play a scratch cup in Roganstown and I'd imagine it'd be quite tough off the blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DiegoWorst

I see on the GUI site Roganstown are having a JSC and ISC on 6th Apr, nice course and good value at €20 but why have it on a Mon in early Apr? Terrible timing and appears to be trying to drum up business for a quite Mon in early season rather than fill the time sheet of a weekend. Would have liked to play a scratch cup in Roganstown and I'd imagine it'd be quite tough off the blues.

Is that Easter Monday?

DiegoWorst wrote: »
    Is that Easter Monday?

Ah so it is, thanks. That makes sense now so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Have booked into the JSC in Castle Golf Club on Fri 17th April, tee booking opening yesterday and already starting to fill up.

signed up yesterday - never played it - looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Book a spot in the junior scratch cup in portmarnock today..april 10th!

Where can this be booked? I didn't realise they held a JSC, will prob fill up quick I'd imagine

Don't think so, there's a good list of SCC and JSC events that are on the TopGolfer tour:
    http://www.topgolfer.ie/tour
    or alternatively there's the BRSGolf opencomps search function:
    http://www.brsgolf.com/opencomps/ireland
    but unfortunately not all clubs are on the BRS system.
    Generally though the GUI site is best although it doesn't look like it at present since the so called upgrade/revamp. It's not easy keeping abreast of all the events as not only have you to consider the scratch cups themselves but also as to when the tee booking opens for the more popular ones.

Have booked into the JSC in Castle Golf Club on Fri 17th April, tee booking opening yesterday and already starting to fill up. Annoying it's a Fri but it's always jammed packed as rarely any open events at Castle and the course is usually top notch.

Not sure it will be off the blues don't think it was last year. they ahd it easter monday last year as well and it was pretty full.

Where can this be booked? I didn't realise they held a JSC, will prob fill up quick I'd imagine
    i booked over the phone..just ring portmarnock links hotel and theyll put you through. I also booked a spot in the junior scratch cup for castle gc yesterday..really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

i booked over the phone..just ring portmarnock links hotel and theyll put you through. I also booked a spot in the junior scratch cup for castle gc yesterday..really looking forward to it.

Ah, that explains it, didn't realise it was Portmarnock Links

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 forrestgolfer

I started playing golf 2 years ago, played in a few of the scratch cups last year (intermediate) Douglas Fota Castlemartyr. This year I would love to play the likes of tralee ballybunion etc. Could I ask that the people on here give me a top five course list that I should try to fit in? Also how do I avoid missing out on these? I.e. when they are open for booking how do I avoid missing out because I don't know they are and when I do realise they are all booked?

I see the fota island senior scratch cup was on at the weekend does anyone know when there junior scratch is on? Have looked in the usual spots but can't find any info, thanks

FYI it's on the 21st of June

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

I started playing golf 2 years ago, played in a few of the scratch cups last year (intermediate) Douglas Fota Castlemartyr. This year I would love to play the likes of tralee ballybunion etc. Could I ask that the people on here give me a top five course list that I should try to fit in? Also how do I avoid missing out on these? I.e. when they are open for booking how do I avoid missing out because I don't know they are and when I do realise they are all booked?

ya i'd be with you on that would like to get some of the Cork ones done this year perhaps the likes of Douglas/Monkstown/Lee Valley/Bandon

When is the Killarney GC intermediate scratch cup on does anyone know?

Heres some random scratch cups:

06.04.2015 Roganstown Junior scratch
    16.05.2015 Ballybunion senior scratch
    24.05.2015 Mccreddin Junior scratch
    24.05.2015 Ballybunion junior scratch cup 6-11
    30.05.2015 Headford Junior scratch
    07.06.2015 Mount Juliet Junior and intermediate €50
    27.06.2015 Tralee Junior scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Are the handicap ranges the same everywhere? I.e. if the Junior scratch cup in Ballybunion is 6-11, will it be the same in Tralee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Are the handicap ranges the same everywhere? I.e. if the Junior scratch cup in Ballybunion is 6-1, will it be the same in Tralee?

Junior is normally 4-9 , 6-11 for junior is a strange one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

dar_cool wrote: »
    Junior is normally 4-9 , 6-11 for junior is a strange one
    There's no norm, it depends on demand and can range from 4-12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

There's no norm, it depends on demand and can range from 4-12.

The handicap range depends on demand? How do they set it? Am I reading it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Just as a follow up: Tralee Intermediate is 10-18 and Junior is 5-10 as per Golfnet.ie (Golfnet) The Tralee GC website is blank on the ranges.

Just slightly confusing if your handicap is 10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement