Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Dr Collosus,
    AFAIK theres s cups on in donabate on monday.
    not much of a track tho i suppose.

Thanks, had a look and there's a JSC, ISC and MSC on alright on Mon 3rd Aug at a reasonable €15. Have never played Donabate either but unfortunately won't get a chance to this weekend as I'll be back in work on Mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭slingerz

castlemartyr scratch cups on this weekend afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Woodbrook is on Sunday week €50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

AGC wrote: »

great track, but........ €50!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

Castletroy GC Inter & Junr scratch cup on Sunday week 16th Aug.

• Advertisement

Castletroy GC Inter & Junr scratch cup on Sunday week 16th Aug.

Bugger, that's the same day as Dromoland Castle which I've never played and was therefore hoping to play while in Limerick for the weekend. Pity nearly clubs don't check each other's schedule to avoid such clashes.

On a sad note I see Naas SSC & JSC is downgraded to 18 holes from the usual 36 in previous years. Anyone from Naas know the reasoning? Played Naas for the 1st time on Sun and the pro was confident it would be 36 holes again but the timesheet was released this morning confirming it's only 18.

Bugger, that's the same day as Dromoland Castle which I've never played and was therefore hoping to play while in Limerick for the weekend. Pity nearly clubs don't check each other's schedule to avoid such clashes.

On a sad note I see Naas SSC & JSC is downgraded to 18 holes from the usual 36 in previous years. Anyone from Naas know the reasoning? Played Naas for the 1st time on Sun and the pro was confident it would be 36 holes again but the timesheet was released this morning confirming it's only 18.

What date is Naas?

I wonder are clubs being affected by the GUI site being so poor at the minute.

What date is Naas?

I wonder are clubs being affected by the GUI site being so poor at the minute.

Naas SSC & JSC on Sun 23rd Aug. Would have been a great day at 36 holes but somehow tougher to get as excited about 18.

Can't see how the poor GUI site is affecting scratch cups, sure it's practically the only source of info to determine when they're on but all bookings are then handled through the club's website or proshop.

Feck, was hoping to play Dromoland as well. What's the handicap range for Dromland Junr does anyone know. Nothing on their website that I could see.

Feck, was hoping to play Dromoland as well. What's the handicap range for Dromland Junr does anyone know. Nothing on their website that I could see.

Dromoland JSC is from 5-9
    http://www.topgolfer.ie/tour/event-details/dromoland-jsc-5-91
    Rang Dromoland earlier to check details as their golf website is terrible and no means of booking JSC online. JSC is 18 holes and €35 but SSC is 36 holes for the same €35. Told them it was disingenuous charging the same price for 18 as 36 holes and their only response was, well that's always the way it's been. Then asked why wasn't the JSC also 36 holes and was told they didn't know, again that was the way it's always been. Pretty poor responses in my my book, may consider Castletroy instead now although have played the course a few times previously.

• Advertisement

Naas SSC & JSC on Sun 23rd Aug. Would have been a great day at 36 holes but somehow tougher to get as excited about 18.

Can't see how the poor GUI site is affecting scratch cups, sure it's practically the only source of info to determine when they're on but all bookings are then handled through the club's website or proshop.

I am just finding a lot of them not listed.Last weekend a number of scratch cups which were on were not on the GUI site, I know some of that could be down to the clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Eric the Eagle

Woodbrook SSC and JSC are over 36 holes and it inlcudes a light lunch so maybe not that expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

It's 36 holes and (I'm fairly sure) includes soup and sandwich at half time.

I've played the event a few times and always find it value. Certainly compared to 30-40 quid for most of the average course's 18 hole events.

Its not a world-beater course, but definitely pleasant and a cool, old-style traditional set up.

Theres never any gaps on the sheet, so that probably says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

It's 36 holes and (I'm fairly sure) includes soup and sandwich at half time.

I've played the event a few times and always find it value. Certainly compared to 30-40 quid for most of the average course's 18 hole events.

Its not a world-beater course, but definitely pleasant and a cool, old-style traditional set up.

Theres never any gaps on the sheet, so that probably says it all.

Is there still spots available?

Any date for re-scheduled Lucan pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Any date for re-scheduled Lucan pink?

Not likely to happen unfortunately due to a resheduling problem and an uncooperative committee

Disappointing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

Dromoland JSC is from 5-9
    http://www.topgolfer.ie/tour/event-details/dromoland-jsc-5-91
    Rang Dromoland earlier to check details as their golf website is terrible and no means of booking JSC online. JSC is 18 holes and €35 but SSC is 36 holes for the same €35. Told them it was disingenuous charging the same price for 18 as 36 holes and their only response was, well that's always the way it's been. Then asked why wasn't the JSC also 36 holes and was told they didn't know, again that was the way it's always been. Pretty poor responses in my my book, may consider Castletroy instead now although have played the course a few times previously.

ah, in fairness there are very few JSC's that have 36 holes. Also, in terms of attracting a decent field, it is much easier to attract a JSC field than a SSC as there is a much bigger population of golfers so I reckon that's where their price attitude comes from.

Either way, castletroy is a much better course than dromoland so it should be an easy decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shan_14

Is there any Scratch Cups on this Sat? The Golfnet website is shocking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shan_14

Are there any Scratch Cups on this Sat? The Golfnet website is shocking!!!

• Advertisement

Shan_14 wrote: »
    Are there any Scratch Cups on this Sat? The Golfnet website is shocking!!!

This website is a useful alternative to golfnet.

http://www.brsgolf.com/opencomps/

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

This website is a useful alternative to golfnet.

http://www.brsgolf.com/opencomps/

That's the snollyox and straight into the booking to boot.

That's the snollyox and straight into the booking to boot.

WTF is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Anyone interested in playing in the Scratch cup in Castletroy on Sunday? I have a couple of spare spaces on a line around midday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Seve OB wrote: »
    WTF is that?

Hon the snollyox :D

Anyone interested in playing in the Scratch cup in Castletroy on Sunday? I have a couple of spare spaces on a line around midday

Opted to play the one in Dromoland instead as have yet to play that course and it has been advertised since the start of the year. Only heard of the Castletroy one last week so short sighted to have it on the same day as a neightbouring club given the lack of choice available for weekend open competitions year round. Even if it was on the Sat it would give people a chance to play both.

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Hon the snollyox :D

:confused:

a culchie thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

:confused:

a culchie thing?

i've never heard it either so its not a midlands culchie phrase anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

WTF is that?
    ah sorry lads i just spelt Bollix wrong.

• Advertisement

ah sorry lads i just spelt Bollix wrong.

Haha. Deadly. I googled it and everything!

It's the first Googlewhack I ever found :D

20565940532_2314f7b8bc_c.jpg

Advertisement