Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

79 won it, I had a 77 there yesterday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Was talking to a solid player shot 93 in Tralee today, tough and windy by all accounts. Any other unmentionables? :-)

One guy I know was 110yards from green today in Tralee. Hit 4iron sweetly and was still just off it!! Said wind was unreal. Think he had 90 off 13

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

phkk wrote: »
    One guy I know was 110yards from green today in Tralee. Hit 4iron sweetly and was still just off it!! Said wind was unreal. Think he had 90 off 13

Nailed a punched 5 iron today, went a little over 100yards. Anyone that broke 90 played really good golf. I had a 95 and only really hit two stupid shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

97 in tralee hit 3 bad shots, needed punched driver to hit the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimjim12

94 in Tralee today. I've never played in wind like it. Couldn't get the ball to stay on the tee on the 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

96 in tralee today. That was some gale. anybody know of any decent scores in

Heard 88 in early guy playing with us had 89 and missed lots of putts.

Heard 88 in early guy playing with us had 89 and missed lots of putts.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Tralee CSS is 74

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

phkk wrote: »

I don't feel so bad now either. I used a 7 wood for a 130 yd hit. I actually prefer the rain to these gales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Was talking to a solid player shot 93 in Tralee today, tough and windy by all accounts. Any other unmentionables? :-)

Had 93 myself... Couple of bad holes but wind was unreal

Guy in the bar after told us there was a 71 in!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Is that an intermediate scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Seve OB wrote: »
    Had 93 myself... Couple of bad holes but wind was unreal

Guy in the bar after told us there was a 71 in!

Them Kerry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

84 won the scratch cup in Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

aster99 wrote: »
    84 won the scratch cup in Tralee

Oouuuuu , just missed out on a prestigious victory , gutted :(

All i had to do was go around 23 shots better !

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭plumber77

Played Tralee yesterday, shot 99. Bit crazy out there. Played ballyb today and had an 85. Bit more shelter there. I'm shattered after it. Parkland next for sure. Have to say I enjoyed the majority of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Played New forest today in junior scratch, very tough day for me, thought i played ok, greens were very bad, looks like they got aload of sand which ruined it for me, place looks as if its been neglected a bit. Pity as its a cracker of a layout

Has 93 today in ballybunion tough day on the greens and had a 9 on one of the par 5s enjoyable 2 days in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

mike12 wrote: »
    Has 93 today in ballybunion tough day on the greens and had a 9 on one of the par 5s enjoyable 2 days in Kerry.

Ya 84 won in tralee. I had 88 in ballybunion today. Was 4 over for 14 holes but the 9th and 11th holes killed me as I had a quadruple bogey on each. Tralee was crazy golf Saturday in the wind. Ballybunion very enjoyable by comparison today tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

dar_cool wrote: »
    Played New forest today in junior scratch, very tough day for me, thought i played ok, greens were very bad, looks like they got aload of sand which ruined it for me, place looks as if its been neglected a bit. Pity as its a cracker of a layout

77 gross won it...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 drakkardnoir

Any news on a winning score in ballybunion?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Broken! Links golf is brilliant but chews you up and spits you out so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

74 won both senior and intermediate scratch cup in birr today (par 72).
    Both won by local lads, senior playing off 1, intermediate playing off 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

dar_cool wrote: »

Played it in the afternoon and had another disaster day, was +7 after 3 and wasn't playing that badly. Stedied the ship a bit after that and turned in +8 with a silly bogey on the short par 3 9th. Started raining consistently on the back 9 and wasn't doing too badly until a complete blowout 8 shots on the par 4 14 which fairly deflated all ambitions of trying to finish within the buffer. Finished with an embarrassing 88 strokes and glad to reach the warmth of the car journey home.

First time playing the course, it's long and tough and pretty tight but a real pity about the sand on the greens. Wasn't expecting such sand in the middle of May. Some cracking holes and a lovely layout in general so would be nice to play in better conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

shaunac93 wrote: »
    74 won both senior and intermediate scratch cup in birr today (par 72).
    Both won by local lads, senior playing off 1, intermediate playing off 6.

Junior you mean ? :D I hope :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

alxmorgan wrote:
    Junior you mean ? I hope

Yeah junior sorry :-)

Played with a 14 year old in ballybunion off 12, he shot 80 which should be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭slingerz

Ha I actually know the winner of Tralee! He's a sound fella to be fair good to have a cork victory back in the kingdom!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

mike12 wrote: »
    Played with a 14 year old in ballybunion off 12, he shot 80 which should be close.

He won unreal score. 85 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Brendygg wrote: »
    He won unreal score. 85 2nd

Had 88 myself after 3 triples in the first 6 holes!

Advertisement