Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on where to buy laptop batteries?

Options
  • 02-01-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Is ebay generally dodgy for these?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Short answer, yes. You will get what you pay for, there is no such thing as a 'bargain' when it comes to laptop batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

could try elara.ie. never bought batteries off them but have bought other items and know others who have used them and we've all been happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Some decent folks on the aptly named http://www.laptopbatteries.ie/ - I've bought laptop batteries from these previously.

Give them a buzz, they'll ship same day. When chatting to them, they seemed very decent and went so far as to recommend particular usage to extend the battery life (which was nice of them to do I thought given they make their money from selling the things).

Anyhow, in no way connected with them - just a satisfied customer from previous experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Will91w

Ebay is hit and miss with buying batteries for laptop/netbooks ect...

Check the rep and read the reviews is all you can do. I always believe you pay cheap then you get cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Some decent folks on the aptly named http://www.laptopbatteries.ie/ - I've bought laptop batteries from these previously.

Give them a buzz, they'll ship same day. When chatting to them, they seemed very decent and went so far as to recommend particular usage to extend the battery life (which was nice of them to do I thought given they make their money from selling the things).

Anyhow, in no way connected with them - just a satisfied customer from previous experience.

What advice did they give you - I thought lithium batteries did away with the old memory effect on the older MH's. I assume the laptop will prevent the battery from discharging below a certain point?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement