Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 151 cars seen today

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Not so keen on a cactus. A well specced DS5, now thats a different matter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

the cactus are wreckless looking, they will be like the fiat multipla in a few years time or the juke.

who ever put the reg plate on the cactus in that pic should be sacked on the spot, he must have had only 1 shoe on at the time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's a rental. Sure those fresh shiney panels won't be lasting long anyway:pac:

Someone at work got a black one with black/dark grey air bump straps and a few red details. Looks really well.

Saw a dark grey one with black bumps yesterday and thought it looked great.

nd wrote: »
    First time seeing one. They are def. eye catching!

iwpmXB8.jpg

Was that in Limerick today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

Ds5 looks well supposed to be terrible to drive - hard suspension - not like citroens of old

• Advertisement

Ds5 looks well supposed to be terrible to drive - hard suspension - not like citroens of old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

iwpmXB8.jpg

Might as well quote it again seeing as everyone else is :rolleyes:

Said it before and I'll say it again, these are fcuking cool. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

iwpmXB8.jpg
    Cheensbo wrote: »
    Might as well quote it again seeing as everyone else is :rolleyes:

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I was in a Cactus the other day. The head unit is an awfully funky lookin yoke altogether. Same with the the gauges. The passenger glove box is lovely and big too, with rubber dots on top to stop stuff sliding off.

citroen-cactus-uk-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

That is a seriously uncluttered dash!

• Advertisement

That is a seriously uncluttered dash!

I was very impressed with it I must say. The screen is actually kind of popping out towards you, looks a bit like it's floating. The exterior isn't my thing but that interior is sweeet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Was that in Limerick today?

nope, on the Charlleville side of the Charleville - Kilmallock road.

It is nice to see something different. So many "ordinary" cars nowdays are so similar to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭traco

I was behind this coming home. Macan Turbo, apparently they don't have indicators??

5A191F5C-95B5-4875-BD38-03BA8CC43118_zpsperb14es.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen a Mercedes S350 today in black. The rear just looks like the new C-class surely if you were to pay that kind of money you want your car to look better and different. The Grill is just ugly. Am sure its a lovely place to sit in and to get driven around in do. Don,t like it at all but that just me have never been a big fan of Mercs. Would much prefer a big Audi A8. Lexus 43O or a 7series BMW

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

dorgasm wrote: »
    I was in a Cactus the other day. The head unit is an awfully funky lookin yoke altogether. Same with the the gauges. The passenger glove box is lovely and big too, with rubber dots on top to stop stuff sliding off.

citroen-cactus-uk-001.jpg

Horrible.

Pedals look like something from a 90's xantia ...... and the 1 thing that really bothers me... those clunky windshield wipers.

I think being able to see wiper arms when they are rested gives a sense of crap quality.

Look at Audi's and BMW's etc and you will always notice (or not) that wiper arms are parked neatly below a black strip and as low down on the windscreen as possible, barely visible from the inside and one cheaper cars you can always see them on the windscreen from the inside.

It's the small details like that give a subconscious sense of quality. - for me at least!

s class was out well b4 c class its in another league to drive compared to the lexus bmw and audi top models like jag xj though

s class was out well b4 c class its in another league to drive compared to the lexus bmw and audi top models like jag xj though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Yeah merc styled the new c class to look similar to the s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

ION08 wrote: »
    Horrible.

Pedals look like something from a 90's xantia ...... and the 1 thing that really bothers me... those clunky windshield wipers.

I think being able to see wiper arms when they are rested gives a sense of crap quality.

Look at Audi's and BMW's etc and you will always notice (or not) that wiper arms are parked neatly below a black strip and as low down on the windscreen as possible, barely visible from the inside and one cheaper cars you can always see them on the windscreen from the inside.

It's the small details like that give a subconscious sense of quality. - for me at least!

Thing is though, these aren't being marketed as a luxury motor, unlike Audi and BMW who portray their entire range as top quality luxury models.

These are being sold as a 'fun' small family car designed to take the beating and roughness that's associated with getting out and about with kids & dogs and whatnot.

Not for wafting up and down the motorway talking on the phone in a suit.. So the ability to see the wipers at rest is not a consideration really.

They have bumpers on the doors so trolleys and other car doors don't damage them... So no, they are not a luxury car and shouldn't be compared to an A4 Baseline.

And the pedals in a 90's xantia are much closer together :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

goochy wrote: »

Having driven an S350 and a 740d (both 2011) recently I quite liked the 740 a lot more than the S class. I know it was the older model S class, but unless there has been a drastic improvement and not just a facelift I'd have to say the 7 series is a better car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I've driven the old and be model S-class and the newer one is fantastic. Personally I'd prefer a 7 series or an XJ but if a new s class turned up to bring me somewhere I'd be quite happy.

ION08 wrote: »
    Horrible.

Of course I wasn't comparing this to a BMW or Audi. I like the cactus interior for its quirkiness, it's something a little different. Would I buy one? No, I wouldn't. But I still think it's a fair deal better than a lot of interiors in similarly targeted cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen a new Kia Sorento today in grey. Must say its a very nice classy looking car indeed. It really is a lot better looking than the old model which was just bland. Kia really have come on a lot in the last 6 to 8 years.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Was working with this since last Thursday, dropped it back this morning. Awesome, awesome car.

tumblr_nj5txoiMup1rk3go9o1_1280.jpg

As mentioned by mhackett102 well written blog from Paddy and top photos. A welcome addition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seen not one, not two, not three but four 151 Mitsubishi Space Stars at the weekend. They're obviously selling some of them!

must be hire cars rubbish cars!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Alright alright, we get it, you don't like Spacestars:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

^^^^ You have a serious problem with multiple posting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..and a 5th this morning. They're spreading :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

AMKC wrote: »
    Seen a Mercedes S350 today in black. The rear just looks like the new C-class surely if you were to pay that kind of money you want your car to look better and different. The Grill is just ugly. Am sure its a lovely place to sit in and to get driven around in do. Don,t like it at all but that just me have never been a big fan of Mercs. Would much prefer a big Audi A8. Lexus 43O or a 7series BMW

Inside they are a bit meh but from the exterior the S Class is the best looking car by a distance of the 4 you mention. Nice-ish to drive too. And as someone else mentioned - the C Class followed the S Class so if anything they are cheapening the S Class a little through the C Class. I find all Merc Saloons similar looking - C, E and S.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Christyd

Advertisement