Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 151 cars seen today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

goochy wrote: »
    seen in cork a 151C 999 MERC G63 AMG - owner obviously has good sense of humour to get that reg !

The chinese lad who owns Fota Resort owns that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Saw a 151-C CLA Class in gunmetal grey I think, fantastic looking car on nice wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

goochy wrote: »
    seen in cork a 151C 999 MERC G63 AMG - owner obviously has good sense of humour to get that reg !

If that were 10 years old though would it be worth anything ie would it be sought after at 10 years,20 years etc? That's the acid test really as to what somethings worth imo.
    If I had that sort of money Id buy a Ferrari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

vectra wrote: »
    151-C-1811
    Black 5 series.
    I could have sworn it had 530D on the boot
    Mywheels say different though.

Registration 151C1811
    Make BMW
    Model 518 A 5 E 32
    Colour BLACK
    Fuel Type DIESEL
    Engine Size 2.0L

That's a 518 which hilariously only comes debadged. BMW don't want anyone to see 518D.

It's a much cleaner look without the badge anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Saw a 151 Mitsubishi ASX today 151-OY-103. Nice looking SUV. Also saw a 151 Space Star too. Don,t see too many of them around. Also saw a 151 corolla 151-KE-70 was it reg. Seen a 151 Renault Fluence too did not get the reg do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭salamanca

Saw a 151 Peugeot 208 on the Boards.ie Photo Challenge http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93887104&postcount=6

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Saw a 151 D volkswagen passat there is not much difference between the new passat and the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Thats because the new one arrives in April..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

afatbollix wrote: »
    Thats because the new one arrives in April..

There's still not a massive difference between the old and new model!

2016-VW-Passat-vs-2011-VW-Passat-front-three-quarters.jpg

2016-VW-Passat-vs-2011-VW-Passat-rear-three-quarters.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Why would that be?

We are nearly 20 days into the new year, plenty of 151s around and when I click on this thread I hope to hear more about c63s but instead its full of people spotting qashqai's and insignias

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The 151D2015 I mentioned earlier hasn't come up on motortax yet. I was curious to check if it was the standard 520, but strange that it was heading somewhere with plates, yet still not registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭Damien360

Dia1988 wrote: »

You need glasses. That's a massive difference. Front grill, rear cluster, rear slope, tail pipes all different. I assume the platform is the same though ?

Damien360 wrote: »
    You need glasses. That's a massive difference. Front grill, rear cluster, rear slope, tail pipes all different. I assume the platform is the same though ?

Don't worry, I've gone to SpecSavers recently!

I think it's merely a face-lift rather than the All New Passat that Volkswagen would like us to believe!

And the difference you mentioned I believe are not massive changes! Plus I think those tail plates are not standard
    The shell of the car is the exact same dimensions with just a crease on the skin of the body and the doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I saw a couple of Toyota Corolla's, one silver, one red. The red one is sooo nice. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Don't worry, I've gone to SpecSavers recently!

I think it's merely a face-lift rather than the All New Passat that Volkswagen would like us to believe!

And the difference you mentioned I believe are not massive changes! Plus I think those tail plates are not standard
    The shell of the car is the exact same dimensions with just a crease on the skin of the body and the doors

The last passat was clearly a facelift of the 2005 model. This is an all new car replacing what is now a 10 year old model and to be honest if you cannot see that, I think you may have picked up the wrong prescription in spec savers.

mickdw wrote: »
    The last passat was clearly a facelift of the 2005 model. This is an all new car replacing what is now a 10 year old model and to be honest if you cannot see that, I think you may have picked up the wrong prescription in spec savers.

Actually, I didn't need any prescription,but thanks for your concern!

I'll repeat that aesthetically there isn't a massive change and to back this point here is a reviewer that shares the same opinion as myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Saw a 151-C CLA Class in gunmetal grey I think, fantastic looking car on nice wheels.

Was it an AMG spec by any chance?
    I still like those.
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    That's a 518 which hilariously only comes debadged. BMW don't want anyone to see 518D.

It's a much cleaner look without the badge anyway.

Must keep my eyes peeled again for it to double check on the badge.
    Crumbs868 wrote: »
    We are nearly 20 days into the new year, plenty of 151s around and when I click on this thread I hope to hear more about c63s but instead its full of people spotting qashqai's and insignias

Some people like Normal cars. The purpose of the thread is to post what 141 you saw. Not Did anyone spot a C63.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Some people like Normal cars. The purpose of the thread is to post what 141 you saw. Not Did anyone spot a C63.

141 is sooo last year ;-)

LOL
    You are dead right, and it is late
    and this Bacardi caused key slips :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

It's ok, he's old, his memory isn't the best. We'll let him away with it :P :pac:

Jk btw vectra :)

It's ok, he's old, his memory isn't the best. We'll let him away with it :P :pac:

Jk btw vectra :)

You are not too far off the mark there :pac:

Was it an AMG spec by any chance?
    I still like those.

Pretty sure it was, looked great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

151-C-1811
    Black 5 series.
    I could have sworn it had 530D on the boot
    Mywheels say different though.

Registration 151C1811
    Make BMW
    Model 518 A 5 E 32
    Colour BLACK
    Fuel Type DIESEL
    Engine Size 2.0L

All 518s have been debadged by BMW Ireland to avoid such embarrassments. Owner obviously felt he needed a badge to feel macho. For shame! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Are you being serious? I think when you put them side by side its a massive difference. People are very quick to say car a is exactly the same as car b but when if you actually took the time to look into the detail (most peeps dont) the changes are extensive. New Passat is an example of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

RedorDead wrote: »
    Are you being serious? I think when you put them side by side its a massive difference. People are very quick to say car a is exactly the same as car b but when if you actually took the time to look into the detail (most peeps dont) the changes are extensive. New Passat is an example of this.

I have to agree with the other posters, at a quick first glance, its basically the same. Then when you spend the next few minutes mulling over it, you can see a lot of differences..

It might be an entire new car, but to me it looks more like a facelift..

Even after looking at it for a good while I still can't see too many extensive changes.. it retains basically all the same dimensions and shapes as the previous model, this one is just a bit more pointy in places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭thadg

Why not? Reliable, cheap and is well specced, I'd see no reason not to.

Sure people buy "old" models all the time, look at the Qashqai, that was almost 8 before it got a new model and people bought it in droves anyway.

"RELIABLE"

Do you realise its a RENAULT that is being discussed?

When they were doing a scrappage deal a while back it was called a scrappage deal because that is what you were buying not what you were trading in to them.

it will be very hard to buy a nice car in this country in a few years time, all new cars seem to be kia, Hyundai, Renault suzuki dacia and all that scrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Saw a smart looking Peugeot 208 in Dublin. eVti spec so far from poverty trim you usually see in that type of car.

thadg wrote: »
    "RELIABLE"

When they were doing a scrappage deal a while back it was called a scrappage deal because that is what you were buying not what you were trading in to them.

it will be very hard to buy a nice car in this country in a few years time, all new cars seem to be kia, Hyundai, Renault suzuki dacia and all that scrap

You are not a knowledgeable person.

You are not a knowledgeable person.

how would you know if I am or not you sad puppy

By your previous statement.

• Advertisement

By your previous statement.

you must be driving one of them relics so, sorry for your troubles and good luck with your worthless trade in

you must be driving one of them relics so, sorry for your troubles and good luck with your worthless trade in

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Because modern renaults are very reliable you nunce.

Ms

"RELIABLE"

You must be a very small closed-minded person to think that all them cars are bad. Yes maybe 20 years ago Renaults were not great but they have come a long way since then. Look at the mk3 Laguna. It is very classy well built and very reliable. Come to think of it must of the Renault cars are reliable now and Nissan also uses Renault engines.
    Kia and Hyundai too have made huge improvements in recent years and both are in the top ten selling car makes in Ireland.
    Have you ever even sat in a Kia or Hyundai. I have and must say they are very impressive and some off them look really good too. They are also very reliable,safe and god to drive too.
    There is not that many Suzuki,s around but the S-Cross is quite good looking in top spec and not that expensive either.
    Dacia are basically cheap Renaults but they have been proven to be reliable and are cheap to buy.They are basic but do what the people that buy them want them to do. Basic transport from A to B. The people who buy them are thinking long term are not worried about changing in 3 years and are maybe old.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lads, can ye make your point without name-calling

AMKC wrote: »
    You must be a very small closed-minded person to think that all them cars are bad. Yes maybe 20 years ago Renaults were not great but they have come a long way since then. Look at the mk3 Laguna. It is very classy well built and very reliable. Come to think of it must of the Renault cars are reliable now and Nissan also uses Renault engines.
    Kia and Hyundai too have made huge improvements in recent years and both are in the top ten selling car makes in Ireland.
    Have you ever even sat in a Kia or Hyundai. I have and must say they are very impressive and some off them look really good too. They are also very reliable,safe and god to drive too.
    There is not that many Suzuki,s around but the S-Cross is quite good looking in top spec and not that expensive either.
    Dacia are basically cheap Renaults but they have been proven to be reliable and are cheap to buy.They are basic but do what the people that buy them want them to do. Basic transport from A to B. The people who buy them are thinking long term are not worried about changing in 3 years and are maybe old.

Renaults were better 20 years ago than they are now. they look cat aswell.

they were were a good car up until around 2001 onwards.

from then on they gave a lot of electrics trouble and gearbox trouble, check out 02 - present Renault traffic vans even on donedeal you will see a lot with injector trouble and gearbox trouble. electric window motors are a disaster in a lot of there cars also

yes I have sat in kia's and hyundais, the paint fades in no time and they just don't have the same comfort as most European cars

hopefully the uk will still be affordable to buy proper decent second hand cars in the years to come

some people just love having the new reg outside the door

Don't worry too much, There'll be plenty paddy spec golfs and corollas to buy 2nd hand in a few years.

On topic: I saw a 151 Fiat 500xl today, it was hideous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

It's still not a nice feeling to know that in ten years time most of the second hand car market will be filled with Korean crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

check out 02 - present Renault traffic vans even on donedeal you will see a lot with injector trouble and gearbox trouble.

Yeah, you'd be much better off in a Primastar or a Vivaro - can't beat Jap build quality, and the Germans aren't what they were but they're better than the comedy quality of the French.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I think Renaults are quite good in terms of reliablity from about 2006 onwards. Some of the early 2000 stuff had its issues. The car I learned to drive in was a 07 megane 1.5dci and it was faultless never caused a single issue 180k km on it when we sold it and a few months ago I meet the newer owner and he has 300k km on it and has spent nothing on it. My dad had a lot of them through the years as he only bought renault vans for his company at one stage and they were never of the road unless someone crashed them.

I'd personally have no issues with buying a renault. I wouldn't touch a dacia however as I think they are all very basic and cheap looking plus more importantly the rust proofing underneath or lack of it seems like it will turn into a big issue once they become a few years old.

• Advertisement

This reminds me of the Dacia Duster thread aaaaages ago.

One fella (with 20+ years experience in the motor industry) was dogging them, and kept harping on about the common faliure of coilpacks in the 1.5 Dci engine :)

Yeah, you'd be much better off in a Primastar or a Vivaro - can't beat Jap build quality, and the Germans aren't what they were but they're better than the comedy quality of the French.

WARNING: geek facts coming up

The reason the Vivario, Primastar and Traffic had injector problems was due to the bad design of the drainage of water from the windshield. The rain water comes down from the windshield collects on the drainage plate and in heavy rain some rain water seeps under the bonnet onto the engine and collects on the tray that has the injectors. Over time, the water makes the injector rust to the engine block.

This was on Watchdog UK before Christmas

RedorDead wrote: »

Please refer to my comment and an independent car reviewer who is of the same opinion as myself. It's at the bottom of the page on page 18.

Thanks and yes, I'm deadly serious :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bpmull wrote: »
    I think Renaults are quite good in terms of reliablity from about 2006 onwards. Some of the early 2000 stuff had its issues. The car I learned to drive in was a 07 megane 1.5dci and it was faultless never caused a single issue 180k km on it when we sold it and a few months ago I meet the newer owner and he has 300k km on it and has spent nothing on it. My dad had a lot of them through the years as he only bought renault vans for his company at one stage and they were never of the road unless someone crashed them.

I'd personally have no issues with buying a renault. I wouldn't touch a dacia however as I think they are all very basic and cheap looking plus more importantly the rust proofing underneath or lack of it seems like it will turn into a big issue once they become a few years old.

They had a **** ton of issues, but I think 2008 is when Renault came good. It's weird that the reputation is still held and the likes of Mercedes get away with it, especially when you consider the absolute ****e that they were producing at the same time and charging an arm and leg for the pleasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Actually, I didn't need any prescription,but thanks for your concern!

I'll repeat that aesthetically there isn't a massive change and to back this point here is a reviewer that shares the same opinion as myself!

He actually said IT'S ALL NEW UNDERNEATH.
    He then went on to explain that while its clearly still a passat in appearance, it has 8 cm longer wheelbase while still keeping the same overall length. He also explained that the car is a different height and 75 kg lighter.

How you managed to take from that that the car is a facelift is beyond me.

mickdw wrote: »
    He actually said IT'S ALL NEW UNDERNEATH.
    He then went on to explain that while its clearly still a passat in appearance, it has 8 cm longer wheelbase while still keeping the same overall length. He also explained that the car is a different height and 75 kg lighter.

How you managed to take from that that the car is a facelift is beyond me.

And that is why I actually said AESTHETICALLY!

It's beyond me why people don't read posts correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

WARNING: geek facts coming up

The reason the Vivario, Primastar and Traffic had injector problems was due to the bad design of the drainage of water from the windshield. The rain water comes down from the windshield collects on the drainage plate and in heavy rain some rain water seeps under the bonnet onto the engine and collects on the tray that has the injectors. Over time, the water makes the injector rust to the engine block.

This was on Watchdog UK before Christmas

The injectors rust into the head not the block....

Ms

Lol the Primastar, Vivaro and Traffic are all the same van except for different grill and light designs at the front and different badges. Renault and Opel designed the van and then Nissan started putting there badges on them a bit later as Renault/Nissan is one group. They all use the same engines too. Maybe the reliability problems or design fault is why Nissan have decided to start building there own vans again. EG NV200 and NV400

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I have seen a good few 151 regs about, but today I had a chance to take a look at a 151 D 32** 2015 Porsche Panamera Gran Turismo 4DR Auto.
    Very nice motor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

AMKC wrote: »
    Lol the Primastar, Vivaro and Traffic are all the same van except for different grill and light designs at the front and different badges. Renault and Opel designed the van and then Nissan started putting there badges on them a bit later as Renault/Nissan is one group. They all use the same engines too. Maybe the reliability problems or design fault is why Nissan have decided to start building there own vans again. EG NV200 and NV400
    I think he was being sarcastic....

Advertisement