Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 151 cars seen today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

Just seen my first 151 today .. the fastback design makes the rear wiper necessary unfortunately ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

rear wiper defo makes it look uncool..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭pheelay

Followed this one past Intel this morning

336176.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Saw a 151 Mondeo today in white.

They are after getting quite large :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Always were a big barge. This one is supposed to be slightly smaller though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

pheelay wrote: »
    Followed this one past Intel this morning

336176.jpg

Bought in Bolands Wexford but KE registered?

Do Bolands Wexfords do really good deals that have people going there from Kildare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

jca wrote: »
    I think he was being sarcastic....

Not being sarcastic at all.
    I think after the Venette Cargo Nissan stopped selling vans here because it was not affordable or they could not afford to make vans for here anymore as there was not a big enough market for them to justify doing it. Then Renault bought 50 per cent shares in Nissan and Nissan started rebadging some Renault Traffic vans as Nissan Primastar vans as its cheaper just to have a company or maybe three companys in this case aka Renault,Opel and Nissan build and sell the one van but with different badge light and grills. Its a bit like what VW do with the Golf platform sharing to make the Audi A3, Skoda Octavia and Seat Leon except a lot more simple.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

Not that I want to feed the troll, but these Fluences were a pretty good investment IMHO.
    Some facts. At the scrappage time (2010-2011), you could get a Fluence Dynamique for 17-18K (no one really wanted that 15.990 base version anyway). Same for Meganes.
    5 years after, a 2010 Fluence retails at 10-11K (that's the average of Carzone's 2010 Fluence ads today). These cars had 5 years warranty so that's 7K depreciation in 5 years for a worry-free family car. Not sure many other family cars do the same (even Qashqais, retailing around an impressive 14K after 5 years depreciated slighly more).
    Today I wouldn't buy a new Fluence though, these are more pricey now, and older so would loose more value soon. Dusters or Logan MCV seem to be the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's more than 7k. Using your price assumes that the dealer will sell it car for what he gave the original owner.

You're forgetting completely about discount, servicing, warranties, valeting, profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I've noticed that, I've been keeping an eye out for a second hand auris or yaris and the prices do vary depending on year, millage and how they depreciate in value. I noticed that with the bolands in wexford and some motor dealers online are cheaper than others I often wonder why? Toyota dealers are a bit pricy? I be comparing the years and the millage I be like why the contrast for a similar spec that the prices vary? The auris and yaris have different models terra, luna, aura etc suppose that's the difference in price too. I compare them to a ford fiesta same spec same year and its cheaper to buy second hand?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

It's more than 7k. Using your price assumes that the dealer will sell it car for what he gave the original owner.

You're forgetting completely about discount, servicing, warranties, valeting, profit.

I agree with your point, there is always a bit more than that tag price, but this is just to compare between models.
    We can assume that there will always be servicing, valeting, dealer profit, whatever the car.

My point is that these Fluences/Megane3 don't depreciate much compared to other family cars, and way less than the previous generation of Meganes.
    2 years ago I bought a 07 Megane Monaco for 4800€. That was a 6 years old Renault (and sold it a year later for 3500). See what costs a 5 years old Fluence now. It's obvious that resale value has gone up for newer Renaults. Still not as high as a VW, but the initial "investment" isn't the same either. With that 5 year warranty and a better reliability, there is no reason to rule out these cars on the ground that it is 'French'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I had to pick up my nephews from min rugby this morning and spotted a 151 D F-Type S in silver. Now there cannot be many of those in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

151-C Porsche 911 GT3 spotted in cork!!

FfgwAjf.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw 3 New 151 cla,s and a 151 c class in cork today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Saw the most horrendous looking Citroen yesterday. I think it was a C4 but I wasn't aware that the c4 was that ugly, it had things like cushions on the rear doors and was painted in the most stomach churning yellow I hope I ever see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

doovdela wrote: »
    I've noticed that, I've been keeping an eye out for a second hand auris or yaris and the prices do vary depending on year, millage and how they depreciate in value. I noticed that with the bolands in wexford and some motor dealers online are cheaper than others I often wonder why? Toyota dealers are a bit pricy? I be comparing the years and the millage I be like why the contrast for a similar spec that the prices vary? The auris and yaris have different models terra, luna, aura etc suppose that's the difference in price too. I compare them to a ford fiesta same spec same year and its cheaper to buy second hand?!

People pay more for a Toyota because they (mistakenly) think it will be a lot more reliable than anything else. It's down to some study from about 25 years ago which claimed they were 'the best built cars in the world', or something like that (Toyotas from the 80s and early 90s to be fair were nigh on indestructible).

In reality Toyotas aren't really any more reliable than their main rivals, but are quite boring and unrewarding to drive. The Yaris in particular is horrible, try something like a Corsa or a Fiesta and you'll see what I mean in about five seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Saw the most horrendous looking Citroen yesterday. I think it was a C4 but I wasn't aware that the c4 was that ugly, it had things like cushions on the rear doors and was painted in the most stomach churning yellow I hope I ever see.

Has to be a c4 cactus, i'm guessing in this colour also?

Citroen-C4-Cactus-_2811933k.jpg

Ive said it around 10 times here, but I think they're class! If i ever (never will) had to buy a brand new car of this class, (i30, c'eed, focus, golf etc) I'd buy one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭thadg

ryanf1 wrote: »

its a citroen, enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

thadg wrote: »
    its a citroen, enough said

Not enough said, go on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That Cactus is the job!
    I'd buy one no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Dying to see a Cactus in the wild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Alot of 151 reg cars going around, especially Nissan's. They have a very good offer in which you can trade in your car and the MINIMUM they will offer you is €4,000!
    Neighbour of mine traded in her 98 Starlet for the Nissan Note and got €3,900 more than what I was offering her for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Alot of 151 reg cars going around, especially Nissan's. They have a very good offer in which you can trade in your car and the MINIMUM they will offer you is €4,000!
    Neighbour of mine traded in her 98 Starlet for the Nissan Note and got €3,900 more than what I was offering her for it :)

Yea but she ended up with a Note I can't see that tin can lasting 17 years!!! Horrid yokes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Oh a cactus...... Excuse me while I baulk!!!

Yea but she ended up with a Note I can't see that tin can lasting 17 years!!! Horrid yokes...

I was never too fond of any of the nissan range over the past few years, but I must say that the new Micra and Note are incredible this year. I can see a lot of people trading in their cars as you car get a 151 Micra for as little as €12,000 at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

That finished on Saturday just gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Dying to see a Cactus in the wild

There's one in my neck of the woods, but it is on much cheaper wheels than in that pic, and they look crap.

I was never too fond of any of the nissan range over the past few years, but I must say that the new Micra and Note are incredible this year.

I've never been fond of Nissans either, but the current Micra is the worst Micra ever.

I was never too fond of any of the nissan range over the past few years, but I must say that the new Micra and Note are incredible this year. I can see a lot of people trading in their cars as you car get a 151 Micra for as little as €12,000 at the moment!

I presume you mean incredible deals because they're the most ugly looking yokes I've seen this long time. Wait until trade in time and the deal won't be so incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Oh a cactus...... Excuse me while I baulk!!!

I think they were trying to out do Fiat on the Multipla styling!!!

Think it was a ford fiesta I saw the other day with 151. Seen a few others in town last week.

Stunning Maserati going around Thurles this morning. 151-T-847.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

The sales are going to go over 100k cars this year,first time since 2008 apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

ofcork wrote: »
    The registrations are going to go over 100k cars this year,first time since 2008 apparently.

Fixed that for ya :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Was working with this since last Thursday, dropped it back this morning. Awesome, awesome car.

tumblr_nj5txoiMup1rk3go9o1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Has to be a c4 cactus, i'm guessing in this colour also?

Citroen-C4-Cactus-_2811933k.jpg

Ive said it around 10 times here, but I think they're class! If i ever (never will) had to buy a brand new car of this class, (i30, c'eed, focus, golf etc) I'd buy one of these.
    It was that Car and that colour. I feel turn in my stomach even looking at the picture of it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What was the car Paddy, Astra...

I saw a Cactus in Castlebar on Saturday, in brown, was "ok", not as bad as I thought.

Lads, I'd recommend that ye make yer way to Paddy's website (link to it is at the bottom left corner of the photo of the Opel).
    Fantastic website for anyone who is interested in Photography and into cars.
    I know myself that I recognised a few photos from various magazines and newspapers (Speedhunters, Irish Times, just to name a few).

Great work Paddy, keep up the good work! (y)

Spotted a few more today, ford focus and a Toyota aygo.

yop wrote: »
    What was the car Paddy, Astra...

I saw a Cactus in Castlebar on Saturday, in brown, was "ok", not as bad as I thought.

New Astra OPC. 280PS (although I'd say closer to 300), Brembos, Recaros, Michelin PSS etc. with a bespoke chassis too AFAIK. Absolutely infatuated with it, even a couple of friends who wouldn't be into German cars were hugely impressed with it.

I miss it.

• Advertisement

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    New Astra OPC. 280PS (although I'd say closer to 300), Brembos, Recaros, Michelin PSS etc. with a bespoke chassis too AFAIK. Absolutely infatuated with it, even a couple of friends who wouldn't be into German cars were hugely impressed with it.

I miss it.

Opel aren't German.... Bespoke chassis my ar**.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Opel aren't German.... Bespoke chassis my ar**.

Opel would disagree :pac:

Opel would disagree :pac:

The Opel advertising section maybe...... Opel as a company doesn't exist, it's just a badge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The Opel advertising section maybe...... Opel as a company doesn't exist, it's just a badge.

I seem to recall the name "Adam Opel" stamped on the ID plates of many many cars years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

+1
    GM is the company, Opel is just a brand image.
    Like Seat or Skoda for VW

vectra wrote: »
    I seem to recall the name "Adam Opel" stamped on the ID plates of many many cars years ago

More "Opel" deception they obviously fooled you with their marketing strategy. What did they put on the other GM? Vincent Vauxhall?

+1
    GM is the company, Opel is just a brand image.
    Like Seat or Skoda for VW

Opel has always been a GM brand (since 1929), but they design, build and sell Opels, so it is not just a badge.

Seat and Skoda make their own cars, but they are based on VW parts and platforms, so they are less independent than Opel.

Opels are sold as Vauxhalls in the UK: Vauxhall really are just a badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

It is just a badge
    GM could tell them in the morning all new Opels are Chevrolets or GMC's from now on, for instance.

It is just a badge
    GM could tell them in the morning all new Opels are Chevrolets or GMC's from now on, for instance.

By that logic Bugatti, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Ducati & many others are just badges as well because they have parent companies?

Opel are designed, manufactured & assembled in Germany, by a German majority work force. That makes the cars pretty German for me. Fair enough if they have to get approval from GM or however that works, but at least they have their own cars and are not platform sharing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

I miss it.

Ah, mate of mine has the older version, loved it. Rapid as hell, reminded me of my MPS :(:( :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement