Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to find tommy tippee prep machine filter

Options
  • 02-01-2015 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey am hoping you can help, I've a tommy tippee perfect prep machine but the filter needs replacing, does anyone know where stocks them in the tipp area but can travel to Kilkenny and Limerick.

I've tried boots online and mothercare but no luck.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I get them from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got mine in mothercare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I get mine from amazon. Needed one in an emergency recently so I rang my local Mothercare to ask if they stocked them, the girl finally found one after rooting half the stockroom out. It was the only one they had and she told me that it's not something they would get in stock regularly but that if I was ever stuck again, Tesco and Dunnes are a good place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daisyryan

I get mine from amazon. Needed one in an emergency recently so I rang my local Mothercare to ask if they stocked them, the girl finally found one after rooting half the stockroom out. It was the only one they had and she told me that it's not something they would get in stock regularly but that if I was ever stuck again, Tesco and Dunnes are a good place to look.

Ah thanks, yeah I've checked nearly every branch here and every pharmacy! Went into mothercare today and they said maybe tomorrow it will be in their delivery. Silly that most places sell the machine but not the one add on.

Daisy did you find the filters? I need one asap and every mothèrcare is sold out as are amazon and littlewoods :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

How do you know when the filter needs changing??

Lashes28 wrote: »
    How do you know when the filter needs changing??

A light comes on.

Millem they're out of stock everywhere since xmas. Amazon restocked them a few weeks ago but the dispatch time was 2-3 weeks and now they're out of stock again :( I emailed TT to complain and got a shítey reply listing off their stockists and saying I shouldn't have any trouble finding one :rolleyes: Luckily enough I had managed to order one from Amazon but it took aaaages to arrive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I ordered the to arrive every 3 months from amazon , can cancel it anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thank god for boards :) just placed one on order on amazon so it'll come when they are in stock!

• Advertisement

Millem they're out of stock everywhere since xmas. Amazon restocked them a few weeks ago but the dispatch time was 2-3 weeks and now they're out of stock again :( I emailed TT to complain and got a shítey reply listing off their stockists and saying I shouldn't have any trouble finding one :rolleyes: Luckily enough I had managed to order one from Amazon but it took aaaages to arrive.

I emailed tommee tippee last night :(
    Mothercare suggested I ask a chemist that has tommee tippee soothers etc to try and order me one!
    I can't remember exactly but I think I have 2 weeks from when light comes on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Millem wrote: »
    Mothercare suggested I ask a chemist that has tommee tippee soothers etc to try and order me one!

Millem are you planning on switching to cows milk any time soon, I know your boy's around the same age as mine? Would save the hassle of trying to get the filter etc! It's great just being able to pour milk from the fridge into the beaker/bottle, no need for sterilising or making up bottles any more. :)

Millem are you planning on switching to cows milk any time soon, I know your boy's around the same age as mine? Would save the hassle of trying to get the filter etc! It's great just being able to pour milk from the fridge into the beaker/bottle, no need for sterilising or making up bottles any more. :)

He is on 1 bottle of cows milk and two bottles of growing up formula. I want to keep giving him the growing up formula for another while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

He is on 1 bottle of cows milk and two bottles of growing up formula. I want to keep giving him the growing up formula for another while.

Ah cool, will keep an eye out for the filters and will let you know if I see them anywhere! :) I'm nearly sure I saw them in McCabes in Blanch a few months back, might be worth giving them a call to ask?

Ah cool, will keep an eye out for the filters and will let you know if I see them anywhere! :) I'm nearly sure I saw them in McCabes in Blanch a few months back, might be worth giving them a call to ask?
    Thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

The filters aren't essential really, they're not going to take anything harmful out of the water. Water from a brita filter would be the exact same.
    The machine works on the water being potable in the first place, the initial measure of hot water is what sterilizes the formula.

niallam wrote: »
    The filters aren't essential really, they're not going to take anything harmful out of the water. Water from a brita filter would be the exact same.
    The machine works on the water being potable in the first place, the initial measure of hot water is what sterilizes the formula.

For me the filters are essential, all the water is filtered. I would never dream of topping up the bottle with what is esstenially tap water.
    I don't have space or time to fill up another item (brita jug).

If you were REALLY stuck, you could always just reset the filter volume and use cool boiled water to top it up until you get the new filter? I'm sure the filters don't measure so accurately that they stop working altogether after the 150 litres. It kinda defeats the whole purpose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daisyryan

Daisy did you find the filters? I need one asap and every mothèrcare is sold out as are amazon and littlewoods :(

Hey, The best bet is to ask mothercare to order in but that can take two weeks. If a local pharmacy stocks the machine they can order in too. But best to bulk buy!
    Mine lasted nearly 2 weeks with a red light (was used at least 6 times a day)so was still filtering. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

If you were REALLY stuck, you could always just reset the filter volume and use cool boiled water to top it up until you get the new filter?

These small filters only use activated carbon technology to remove some impurities (if any) in the water, they are not a full reverse osmosis filter system and even that won't do anything to water that is microbiologically unsafe to begin with.

The water in your tap is potable to begin with so what is it that people think these filters do in the bottle makers? Sterilize the water?
    They work on the water being sterile to begin with, the hot water measure is to sterilize the formula which may not be sterile after opening, that's why they give 2 minutes before the formula has to be added and the button pressed again to add the cold water.

I wouldn't be too worried about not having a filter in them.

And yes i do have one of these machines and i find it the best invention ever and i do replace the filters and buy them on amazon but i think people are misconceived about what these filters do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I've always used cooled boiled water to fill our machine, and that water is from a brita jug in the first place as we live in a hard water area. Our red light is now flashing and Im waiting in a filter from TT direct for the last 2 weeks, they can't be got anywhere!
    I think I'll just keep using it! Does anyone know if any other filters would work, brita ones? Are they essentially the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Hi all, was just looking for your opinions on the prep machine? Baby due May and very tempted to buy. Is it worth the money and are the filters being out of stock on amazon a sign they are discontinuing or changing the model? Thanks in advance

Hi all, was just looking for your opinions on the prep machine? Baby due March and very tempted to buy. Is it worth the money and are the filters being out of stock on amazon a sign they are discontinuing or changing the model? Thanks in advance

Baby a week old today and we totally love it. Got it on amazon Black Friday deal and honestly one of the best things so far. We just preordered the filter so that it'll come when it is in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

4 week old baby here and I love love love it. It's amazing. Esp when baby kicks off its great to have a bottle on hand asap!!

Yup they're both the same, just that one is on special offer directly from amazon and the more expensive one is from a third party seller.

We didn't get the perfect prep machine until the baby was around 4 months old but I can honestly say it was one of the best things we bought. I HATED making up the bottles with the kettle. Never had a problem getting the filter until now, tbh I reckon it's something got to do with christmas period and the amount of machines amazon sold on special offer, although I could be wrong.

Did you get any reply from tommee tippee Millem?

Did you get any reply from tommee tippee Millem?

They said they have sent stock to all their retailers and it's up to the retailers to put them on the shelf :mad:

Amazon saying delivery 23rd February for my ordered filter

• Advertisement

And actually amazon have shipped it apparently, due the 12th. Not too bad so don't be afraid to order for delivery when in stock

Advertisement