Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power down roxboro road area

• 02-01-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Power just went down for me in janesboro. Went for a walk and there is a downed line on the childers road after the roundabout next to tesco. All traffic stopped so plan accordingly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Power just went down for me in janesboro. Went for a walk and there is a downed line on the childers road after the roundabout next to tesco. All traffic stopped so plan accordingly

I'm over by Woodlawn. Saw a HUGE flash of light there about 10 mins ago. Guess this explains it. Hope no one was hurt.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Hooked wrote: »
    I'm over by Woodlawn. Saw a HUGE flash of light there about 10 mins ago. Guess this explains it. Hope no one was hurt.

Was a considerable flickering of lights in my house about half an hour ago as well. This probably explains it, though I'm the other side of punch's cross so a good bit away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Janesboro as well here , neighbour said she was outside when it happened and it was like a light show . Would have thought you would need a transformer to blow for something like that . I had only put on a big fire so now I wait for the back boiler to start gurgling .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Janesboro back up and running .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Glad thats all it was - i came on it in traffic and thought it was a fatal accident as the road had been blocked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Back here too, rumors of a lorry crashing into a pole causing the lines to be downed. Hope no one was seriously hurt if so. Though I did not see any ambulances when I was watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The flash was huge, it lit up the sky bright white. Saw it in Raheen

Advertisement