Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you attend Kildalton college & drive there from Kilkenny? If Yes, Please Read!

Options
  • 02-01-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey All!

I'm wondering if there's anyone here currently attending Kildaton Ag college or planning to attend there this Sept? I'm hoping to move to Kilkenny in order to enrol there but would prefer to be closer to the village & I'm wondering if anyone would be driving to Kildalton regularly that would be happy enough to let me travel with them? Obviously I will gladly chip in for petrol & may even bring you small breakfast gifts in the morning to sweeten the deal :D (Im usually having breakfast running out the door)
    I look forward to your replies (if any, fingers crossed) :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

My answer is no but I read it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Stoudy wrote: »
    Hey All!

I'm wondering if there's anyone here currently attending Kildaton Ag college or planning to attend there this Sept? I'm hoping to move to Kilkenny in order to enrol there but would prefer to be closer to the village & I'm wondering if anyone would be driving to Kildalton regularly that would be happy enough to let me travel with them? Obviously I will gladly chip in for petrol & may even bring you small breakfast gifts in the morning to sweeten the deal :D (Im usually having breakfast running out the door)

Why not stay in village and go hone at weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Stoudy

My answer is no but I read it anyway :)

Aww ... :( But thanks for reading anyway :D
    Out of curiosity is it a no you don't drive/attend Kildaton or just a flat out no to the 5day a week spin? :D

Why not stay in village and go hone at weekend?

2 of us want to move up 1 wants to go to Kildaton & the other to Ormonde College so we are trying to figure out a way we could both get to college on time everyday without a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Aww ... :( But thanks for reading anyway :D
    Out of curiosity is it a no you don't drive/attend Kildaton or just a flat out no to the 5day a week spin? :D
    :D I don't attend, I'd have given you a spin no bother :)

• Advertisement

2 of us want to move up 1 wants to go to Kildaton & the other to Ormonde College so we are trying to figure out a way we could both get to college on time everyday without a car.

Ah. Dorms no? Tbh for me kildaton wouldn't have been as good a fun if I was staying away from it .
    We did some amount of muliking

Ah. Dorms no? Tbh for me kildaton wouldn't have been as good a fun if I was staying away from it .

Ya if I was attending there when I was 18 I'm sure I would feel the same but I'm in my 20's going back as a mature student and so wont be looking for many distractions just wanna get in get qualified & get going lol

:D I don't attend, I'd have given you a spin no bother :)

Hmm...fancy moving to Kilkenny in Sept? :D
    Thank you anyway!:)

Sorry just realized I mis-read your comment & I cant edit my reply think its because I'm still a newbie here
    Dorms are a no we have dogs & one of us would have to be travelling to Kilkenny town each day and the other to Piltown then we think its best to move mid way like Callan or somewhere so we both have the same distance to travel. So you did your degree there? Did you do Ag or Hort? Whats it like? The pics Ive seen are pretty impressive the set up there is seriously way better than CIT atm.

Sorry just realized I mis-read your comment & I cant edit my reply think its because I'm still a newbie here
    Dorms are a no we have dogs & one of us would have to be travelling to Kilkenny town each day and the other to Piltown then we think its best to move mid way like Callan or somewhere so we both have the same distance to travel. So you did your degree there? Did you do Ag or Hort? Whats it like? The pics Ive seen are pretty impressive the set up there is seriously way better than CIT atm.
    Spent two yrs there. Did a dairy degree. Brilliant two yrs tbh. Learned a lot. Made life long friends still in contact with majority. Stayed in dorms in 1st yr
    Myself and a group of lads got house in village for second yr .that was great craic altogether

• Advertisement

Spent two yrs there. Did a dairy degree. Brilliant two yrs tbh. Learned a lot. Made life long friends still in contact with majority. Stayed in dorms in 1st yr
    Myself and a group of lads got house in village for second yr .that was great craic altogether

When you say house in the village do you mean in Piltown or Kilkenny village? How big are the classes? CIT 1st year Horts have only 11 this year! Do most students stay in the dorms or is 50:50? Sorry for all the questions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

What dairy degree can you get in 2 years??

Feckthis wrote: »
    What dairy degree can you get in 2 years??

Level 6 I think. All ages colleges are 2 yrs cours . Dairy manager course is another 2 yrs

When you say house in the village do you mean in Piltown or Kilkenny village? How big are the classes? CIT 1st year Horts have only 11 this year! Do most students stay in the dorms or is 50:50? Sorry for all the questions :D

In piltown itself. Idsay about 50:50 between driving and dorms?
    Was a lot there was in it well over 100 doing ag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Hey All!

Im going there now.. but through wit.. i did the level 5 last year in kildalton.. you can stay in the college or piltown.. i know a few lads who are coming from wicklow and are going to stay in waterford and drive in and out or get the wit bus up to kildalton which travels up and down 3 times a day... if your going into 1st year next september you'll only be there until the end of January and then your on work placement

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Im going there now.. but through wit.. i did the level 5 last year in kildalton.. you can stay in the college or piltown.. i know a few lads who are coming from wicklow and are going to stay in waterford and drive in and out or get the wit bus up to kildalton which travels up and down 3 times a day... if your going into 1st year next september you'll only be there until the end of January and then your on work placement

Hoping for a transfer so would be starting 2nd year. The bus travels from WIT to Kildalton 3 times a day is it? I need it going from the other direction though, Kilkenny to Kildaton. Thought it would be grand till I saw the bus route & realized the Kilkenny bus goes to Waterford then to Piltown/Kildalton! If only Santa had brought me that Lamborghini i asked for this year lol

In piltown itself. Idsay about 50:50 between driving and dorms?
    Was a lot there was in it well over 100 doing ag

Well that's a lot driving in and out. Surely there has to be 1 student up there who wouldnt mind his petrol costing less just to pick someone up on the way to college? We both really wanna get our asses up there but want to make sure its all feasible before making definite plans. 1 of us already hitches 35km to college 5 days a week so we're not shy to hitching (although its a pain in the ass) but would prefer to have an arrangement with someone & pay for their service ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Do you have a full driving licence for a car?

Advertisement