Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Analogue booster?

• 02-01-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

There's currently 4 TV's running off the one analogue cable which is subdivided with a splitter.

As a result the picture quality isn't the best.

I gather I can get a booster to improve the signal, however I know next to nothing about these.

Can anyone recommend a booster I can get, what should I be looking for?

Thanks all and Happy New Year! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A distribution amplifier that does VHF as well as UHF. There's a problem here that a lot of the ones on sale do broadcast VHF only, so certain channels (Sky 1, Setanta, 3E, Nick, MTV, Sky News on the standard Dublin analogue setup) may not be amplified at all. The Proception amps on tvtrade.ie for instance don't claim to amplify this band.

I'm looking to find one that does advertise all the bands needed but I can't find one immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

obezyana wrote: »

That's the specific one I mentioned in my post as not supporting all the bands required. It may still work, though. UPC use "Hyperband" or whatever other names are used that is above broadcast VHF Band III and some areas use Band I still too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

These Antiference amplifiers have a single wideband input (45-860 mHz).

You could use either the 4-output or keep the splitter & put the single output version in front of it. Quite a bit of gain they have in excess of what's needed for 4-way splitting losses, though. (11dB gain per split.)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks guys, well check these out. Appreciate your help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement