Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 battery depleting rapidly

• 02-01-2015 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

My (almost) 2 year old iphone5 is losing its charge in the space of 4-5 hours. This is the second iphone5 I've had as the first one had battery issues from new and wouldn't hold a charge longer than 8 hours. I returned that after a week and I got my current phone as a replacement. This phone has been fine up to 2 days ago when I noticed that when I woke up in the morning, the phones battery was completely depleted (it had been 90%+ charged when I was going to bed). I've done the usual methods of preventing battery drain such as turning off apps not in use, stopping push notifications etc but that didn't help. I was in a chipper this evening browsing on my phone and I could see the battery percentage dropping a few points each minute.

So short of a battery replacement, is there anything else I can try?

I tried the Apple site and while there is a known battery issue for the iphone5 model during the period I bought mine (with a guarantee that Apple will replace the. Battery free of charge) the automatic response I got from the apple site was that "my battery had already been replaced once and I was not eligible for another replacement".

As a last resort, anyone know how much it would cost to get a new battery installed and any recommendations as to who would be able to do it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have you tried restoring and setting up as a new phone? That would ensure it's not software related.

Advertisement