Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retune and lost RTE Jr

• 02-01-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭

I retuned my Sony W5500 to get UTVi (God knows why!) and since I did I have no RTE Jr, which is a bit of a disaster for the kids.

Tried it 3 times and still no sign of it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

NIMAN wrote: »
    I retuned my Sony W5500 to get UTVi (God knows why!) and since I did I have no RTE Jr, which is a bit of a disaster for the kids.

Tried it 3 times and still no sign of it.

Any ideas?

Try it before 7pm, RTE One+1 uses the same frequency replacing it on some tv's and boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will do, never even thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Well I did the re-tune on my Samsung tv in early-mid December which has a built-in Saorview digital tuner. I have all the latest TV channels in correct locations however; I have noticed that in the Radio section the RTÉ junior radio station no longer appears and this is still daytime! It was today Saturday 03/01/2015 at 5:40pm when i was going through all radio channels on Saorview. The RTÉ Radio Player Online lists the channel but programmes may have ended at 5:30pm however; the channel place name hardly disappeared on Saorview! Does it not still share the frequency with RTÉ Chill digital radio after 9:00pm unless this station is also gone? I know RTÉ Choice had been closed for a while but have other RTÉ digital radio channels also closed in more recent times?

I never recall an official announcement made by RTÉ on the matter but perhaps it is something I missed?

Anybody know what the story is here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭brick man

Just checked my tv and RTEjr Radio on Saorview is there loud and clear . I did a rescan lately and had to rescan a second time as some channels were missing and tv is saorview approved

brick man wrote: »
    Just checked my tv and RTEjr Radio on Saorview is there loud and clear . I did a rescan lately and had to rescan a second time as some channels were missing and tv is saorview approved

I will do yet another scan in case it returns following this action - each time I do a whole new scan it removes what I had previously saved in terms of my preferred settings. A bit strange that it disappeared given the previous scan carried out in December. I wonder if RTÉ Chill still exists on the same frequency overnight as RTÉ junior radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭brick man

I will do yet another scan in case it returns following this action - each time I do a whole new scan it removes what I had previously saved in terms of my preferred settings. A bit strange that it disappeared given the previous scan carried out in December. I wonder if RTÉ Chill still exists on the same frequency overnight as RTÉ junior radio?

It does alright however what comes up is an ident saying RTE digital radio on Saorview anyway after 9pm

brick man wrote: »
    It does alright however what comes up is an ident saying RTE digital radio on Saorview anyway after 9pm

Well, I completed yet another Saorview scan earlier this evening and low and behold I got the RTÉ junior/chill double-shift back again. Yeah, I hear what you are saying in relation to RTÉ not displaying a separate logo for RTÉ chill once the station goes on air from 21:00 - 06:59hrs. They used have a logo design for RTÉ chill if you google it but it is not displayed anywhere on the current RTÉ website or RTÉ Radio Player which may suggest they are about to keep it very low key perhaps in advance of it being removed altogether in time. Just a thought...I could be wrong!

http://www.rte.ie/digitalradio/chill/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT%C3%89_Chill#mediaviewer/File:RT%C3%89_Chill.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

What frequency is RTÉ Junior radio on if Im adding it on sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What frequency is RTÉ Junior radio on if Im adding it on sky?

Not available on satellite.

Advertisement