Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbery attempt

Options
  • 02-01-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

White van doing the rounds in Charlesland tonight, their known for looking/robbing bikes in sheds so lock up! Lookout accomplices in hoodies near the houses calling the vans with all clear - I wasn't home but my daughter went to the shop and half way over saw the van with side door open and pull up to our house for about a minute. She went back and they legged it.

Had gards out to the house, there has been a few reports tonight about them...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Hi Chickenballs,
    Do you know the make and model of this van?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

From reading this, and plenty of stuff being posted on facebook about increases burglaries and thefts, I do think we need a proactive and quick system to alert people to such activities. This can be in the form of a text alert system. I've seen plenty of the signs in rural areas with the system in place, if anything it may be a deterrent for criminals. So by not only notifying the Gards (which you should do first), anyone can also send a text to a group number which will forward to all people on the community contact list.

For a place like Charlesland, this could easily be set up for the residents. It probably wouldn't need any involvement from the Management Companies. The signs may require consent from the Planning Department/roads department.

Would anyone be interested in exploring this more???

P.S. sorry to hi-jack the thread ChickenBalls!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Great idea on the quick alert idea, found a site that can do it but it does cost.

http://www.sendmode.com/neighbourhood-watch-text-alerts

Not sure how we could work that out thou, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

d2ww wrote: »
    Hi Chickenballs,
    Do you know the make and model of this van?

After much google image searching with my daughter I found what type of van it is.

White Toyota Hi-Ace type van - there are other vans like this also such as the Nissan Vannette or VW Transporter.
    There was no windows on the side or back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

After much google image searching with my daughter I found what type of van it is.

White Toyota Hi-Ace type van - there are other vans like this also such as the Nissan Vannette or VW Transporter.
    There was no windows on the side or back.

What colour was the van?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Maudi wrote: »
    What colour was the van?

White , as per post#1

Advertisement