Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherwood Caravan Awning? Any reviews

Options
  • 02-01-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying one of these, any reviews, seems to be very little choice buying in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

It looks very similar to the Pyramid awning I have - low cost but functional. They sell them in Charles Camping and I think they usually have some awnings setup in a shed up the back. Ask if you can see one erected and see what it looks like.

Check in particular whether the fabric is loose or taught as this is usually a good indicator of how stable it will be in bad weather. Also check on how the pads are attached, on mine they are attached to a second beading on the awning itself rather than the wall of the caravan and this is a good solution. The more poles it has the better - it will take longer to put up but it will be a lot steadier.

Check how the pegs are attached, plastic "ladders" are a lot stronger than elastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks db

Advertisement