Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you going to miss most?

Options
  • 03-01-2015 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I'm 3 days overdue now and as much as I'm looking forward to meeting the baby I was just thinking earlier that I will miss being pregnant.

Main thing I'll miss is deffo the baby moving. I love feeling the little kicks and stretches and hiccups. It's just the most amazing thing in the world that it's a tiny little human inside me that's making those little movements that only I can really feel. Can't wait for my husband to meet him too, but there's something special that so far I'm the only one who really knows him.

I'll also miss my pregnancy body! I've always been insecure about extra inches here and there but I love my bump. I've loved wearing clothes that show off the bump and deffo don't try to hide it like I used to with the old spare tyre!

Finally I'll miss maternity clothes! Man do I love my over bump skinny jeans!

So girls- what will ye miss most?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Nothing I don't think, possibly my maternity jeggings because they are really lovely, I might drag them out on cold winter days :) Love how warm they keep my back! Definitely won't miss movement, I find it really strange, and won't miss other people having a million opinions about what I do/eat/etc and wanting to invade my personal space.

Actually, I'll miss being super warm this winter, usually I'm freezing. Maybe thats the jeggings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Nothing I don't think, possibly my maternity jeggings because they are really lovely, I might drag them out on cold winter days :) Love how warm they keep my back! Definitely won't miss movement, I find it really strange, and won't miss other people having a million opinions about what I do/eat/etc and wanting to invade my personal space.

Actually, I'll miss being super warm this winter, usually I'm freezing. Maybe thats the jeggings :)

Yeah I find it weird being so warm all the time! Everyone else giving out about the cold and me feeling like I'm melting with a vest top on! Mad how your body reacts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I'll miss the movements and it's been a special time between me and my oh.

I won't miss the sore ribs and the battle that is trying to tie my own shoe laces! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I think I must be the only person who doesn't like the feeling of the movement...maybe it doesn't make everybody's stomach lurch like mine...weird. It's the low down massive flops/turns that get me, I can deal with little bubbles and twitches up higher, but it's not an enjoyable feeling by any stretch of the imagination. My stomach feels so tight and uncomfortable all the time, not sure if everyone is like that or if it could be why it feels worse to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Ah no it's definitely uncomfortable at times and can make me feel queasy, especially at this stage with only a week to go. I was sick a lot the first five months so I guess the movement helps remind me that I'm feeling like crap for a reason :)
    Its my first and It's hard sometimes to imagine a little person in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Probably going against the topic of the thread but I disliked pregnancy so so much! I love my kids with a passion and would go through labour twice over rather than 9 months of pregnancy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

+1 I would do labour again in the morning but by jaysus pregnancy is a slog!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I loved pregnancy. Easy when its an easy pregnancy though. I loved the movements and also how warm I was. I felt very content and maternal, whereas when the baby was born I felt a bit out of my depth at times and worried that I was doing everything right. When I was pregnant my body did it all for me, all I had to do was fuel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was absolutely freezing on my last pregnancy all the way through. I'd never be one for coats but had to get a big warm winter one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I loved being pregnant. Over all my pregnancy was very easy and straightforward although I did have SPD which was pretty bad at times.
    I loved the feeling of my body doing something so special and amazing, I was very proud of it.
    I also loved feeling my baby grow and develop and when she moved it was so special. I love being her Mam too though and she is such a chilled out little girl I'd stay at home with her forever if I could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Have to say my pregnancy has been fairly easy so far and everyone telling me i'm so happy and motherly (ftm) already! I do enjoy most of it but some of the kicks and movements do freak me out! What I will miss the most is the closeness of me and my bf, every night he lies there with his hand resting on my stomach waiting for a kick or movement and when it does happen he lets out a little laugh :) i'm afraid once baby is born i'll be all forgotten about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Probably going against the topic of the thread but I disliked pregnancy so so much! I love my kids with a passion and would go through labour twice over rather than 9 months of pregnancy :(

Yes don't miss a thing about it. I don't do pregnancy well. In fact the thoughts of going through it again is putting me off having more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

What I'll probably miss th most is the anticipation & excitment while waiting to meet this new member of the family.
    Will she have red hair like her dad or brown like mine, will she be a calm baby or an active one, will she be a snuggler or hate it like her brother.
    It's like waiting to open the best Christmas present :)

Advertisement