Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBA IBAT, Griffith, DBS, NCI

• 03-01-2015 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

Want to do an MBA but TC, DCU and UCD are unaffordable.

My choices are MBA from:
    IBAT (Accredited by Trinity Saint David),
    GRIFFITH MBA International Business (Accredited by Nottingham Trent Uni) or
    DBS MBA (Liverpool University).

I may possibly be able to stretch to being able to afford the MBA offered by National College of Ireland.

What are your thoughts/recommendations? Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

• Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

I don't recommend doing a third rate MBA. It depends on your age and your career goals, but I feel that you should do a reputable MBA or none at all. It's not about the piece of paper, it's mostly about the education and spending time in an environment where you feel challenged and inspired. The professors, tutors, visiting professors, etc., that you have at the good institutes will be of an entirely different calibre. As for prestige, which is probably less important to you than the quality of education, it matters most if you will be job hunting around graduation time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rebelabu

Friend of mine did a MBA through Griffith, it was accredited by Edinburgh Business School in Heriot Watt University. It involved viewing classes online and attending revision weekends ahead of each exam session. Might be worth checking out if your unable to attend weekly classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

OP - don't waste your time or money. If you're going to do the MBA, it needs to be triple accredited to be worthy. DCU, Trinity and UCD (highest ranked) are the big names when it comes to the MBA in Ireland.

If I really had to pick between Griffith, NCI and DBS, I would go with NCI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    OP - don't waste your time or money. If you're going to do the MBA, it needs to be triple accredited to be worthy. DCU, Trinity and UCD (highest ranked) are the big names when it comes to the MBA in Ireland.

If I really had to pick between Griffith, NCI and DBS, I would go with NCI.

Triple accreditation is a poor way to judge the worthiness of an MBA. Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Said, Judge and other far better schools than those in Ireland are not triple accredited. I'm almost certain that neither Trinity nor DCU have all three either.

I do agree however that you should definitely aim for the highest quality and most reputable school you can get. Doing an MBA from any old place just so someone can have the letters after their name will do the course and the opportunities it can offer an injustice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement