Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clowns who shoot where there not meant to and dont clean up!!!

Options
  • 03-01-2015 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

So yesterday I was walking the dog on my permission down a lane with fields on eithier side..to my horror found not one dead fox in one field just left their in amongst cattle but another at the side of the lane for everyone to see! :mad:
    Told the farmer it wasnt me just incase he thought it was me and apparently lads come and shoot without even asking him.
    And people wonder why we have a bad image its always one or two to ruin it for everyone!
    Do ye come across animals not disposed of properly..disgraceful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hollowpoint

1shot16 wrote: »
    So yesterday I was walking the dog on my permission down a lane with fields on eithier side..to my horror found not one dead fox in one field just left their in amongst cattle but another at the side of the lane for everyone to see! :mad:
    Told the farmer it wasnt me just incase he thought it was me and apparently lads come and shoot without even asking him.
    And people wonder why we have a bad image its always one or two to ruin it for everyone!

Similar thing happened us at last fox drive we done 2 weeks ago. We done the cover and head'n back to the vehicles when farmer pulled up on tractor and said if any more foxes where left in his gateways he'd ban everyone from his land. We explained it was'nt us and we take all with us, even empty cartridges we fire! Thing was local lads from the town do have foriegn shooters out on this property and where der 2 days prior to us, but its local lads from the town lamping aswell. We dont lamp the areas we run d hounds in cause its better d dogs working on a fox then not getting anything at a cover. Unless we're to lamp the area we leave it to the hounds on a sunday, but u are right, its a disgrace to dump carcasses so blatantly...

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

1shot16 wrote: »

A shower of gob****es they are! We've experienced this in our area for the last couple of years too. We have half a dozen clubs around our town and where most are sound some don't give a toss about throwing carcasses all over the shop! my own particular club have a STRICT policy when we're hunting foxes, pick up empties, cut off tail and bury the rest. It takes two minutes and the trenching shovel in which I always carry while hunting anything, weighs feck all in the bag. A bit of cop can save a lot of grief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Downwind

The older gneration of farmers are a different bread and if lads keep going the way there going there ll be no shooting anywhere , the older lads are always a bit more live and let live, younger landowners just will not put up with it and its fair to say they are right , damaged electric fencing , risk to live stock and worried whos passing through the property day or night sure I can see there point as clear as day.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

If they simply neglected to pick the fox up then it's a disgrace, however I've often shot a fox and despite dropping it, I couldn't find it. As for shooting without permission, lads often forget that you'll get much further showing your face, asking for permission etc as word of mouth between farmers is sometimes invaluable when looking for permissions.

Advertisement