Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 rifle?

Options
  • 03-01-2015 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Few years ago, i was licenced to have a .223. I gave up the shooting and am thinking of getting back into it now. Was just wondering, how much a second hand set up would cost, with scope? Also, as the firearms licensing has changed and seems to have got stricter, will the guards licence me again?
    Thanks for any help.

Keelan..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I think you could get a decent rig for 800 euro, either a secondhand tikka or cz.

Savage make cheap .223s but I don't know much about them.

You shouldn't have any problems re licensing, as long as you have kept your nose clean In The mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

+1

more paperwork is all - if you had a previous licence, you will notice the difference - but jf nothing much has changed, don't see a prob, other than beefed-up security, 2 referees, med record waiver, ammo limit, application form. All detailed in red heading above.

Tight groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Keelan wrote: »
    Few years ago, i was licenced to have a .223. I gave up the shooting and am thinking of getting back into it now. Was just wondering, how much a second hand set up would cost, with scope? Also, as the firearms licensing has changed and seems to have got stricter, will the guards licence me again?
    Thanks for any help.

Keelan..

0.223 seems to be a calibre that nobody wants at the moment as every rft has plenty of second hand ones at the moment. I had one and got rid of it recently, only because I was not using it, other than that it was very good for foxes - ammo a bit expensive. I tried to sell to an RFD but they would not take it due to having too many already and the fact that new ones can be bought for €600 or less. So you should get a second hand 0.223 for less than €500 and adequate optics for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I have a cz in the for sale section that might interest you. The same rifle is for sale on its own for 7-800 in RFDs with no scope and silencer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057117872

Advertisement