Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen cost

Options
  • 03-01-2015 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

what is the standard cost for a good quality standard L shaped kitchen supplied and fitted in Dublin all waste taken away. New sink installed also. I dont need top of the range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeyrooo

what is the standard cost for a good quality standard L shaped kitchen supplied and fitted in Dublin all waste taken away. New sink installed also. I dont need top of the range

From a kitchen/wardrobe family business background.
    There's a lot of factors to take into account when giving a quote..mdf or chipboard..type of doors..handles etc. Its the little things in a kitchen that add to the price but Id say off the top of my head and depending on the size of it you could and should get a decent average kitchen for around 1500 euros(maybe even less)..you could spend 8000 if you wanted. you will have to shop around.
    Not sure about waste taken away, if you mean the fitters clean up after themselves then that's just common decency but if you want the old kitchen taken away that's probably extra.
    Hope that helps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What dimensions?

Just finished an approx 6m run plus 3 m island with granite work tops for just under 8k.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

average 5-6K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Wow didn't realise kitchens were so affordable. I thought you'd be looking at about 8 - 15k depending on quality of finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Wow didn't realise kitchens were so affordable. I thought you'd be looking at about 8 - 15k depending on quality of finish!

you must be a kitchen maker... mdf / or chip board boxes most seem to be with a false timber impression doors, don't see why they would be even more than 2k ever mind 8-15k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jellytots11

kceire wrote: »
    What dimensions?

Just finished an approx 6m run plus 3 m island with granite work tops for just under 8k.

Kceire could I forward on our plans to you to get a quote for our Kitchen please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Kceire could I forward on our plans to you to get a quote for our Kitchen please?
    Kceire i didn't know you were a kitchen manufacturer :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sorry, that was my parents house here in Dublin. I was just giving a real world example and associated price.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

I honestly don't know how quotes can be given for kitchens without seeing any plans and not knowing what finish they will be. The carcasses could be made from melamine faced chipboard or plywood, the doors solid or pvc foil wrapped. It could be an in - frame kitchen with inset doors which requires a lot more work and time to build and fit the doors.

Advertisement