Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 03-01-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I've had company insurance for the past 2.5 years and no other named driver experience. Prior to that, I had 5 years no claims with Aviva, dated 2012. I have no penalty points.

I'm now looking to buy my own car, as it works out cheaper than paying BIK. I'm having trouble getting a quote for anything other than new driver insurance with no experience. I've requested a letter of experience and claim free 2 years with the company insurance, but even the likes of Chill don't recognise this.

It seems madness, I'm driving over 20 years, yet it looks like I'll be paying over €1000! Any suggestions of a good broker that would take the past 2 years into account? TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Gilma2010 wrote: »
    I've had company insurance for the past 2.5 years and no other named driver experience. Prior to that, I had 5 years no claims with Aviva, dated 2012. I have no penalty points.

I'm now looking to buy my own car, as it works out cheaper than paying BIK. I'm having trouble getting a quote for anything other than new driver insurance with no experience. I've requested a letter of experience and claim free 2 years with the company insurance, but even the likes of Chill don't recognise this.

It seems madness, I'm driving over 20 years, yet it looks like I'll be paying over €1000! Any suggestions of a good broker that would take the past 2 years into account? TIA

It may be worth talking to AA Insurance who are one of the largest Motor Insurance Brokers in Ireland:)

Advertisement