Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC LOI and Permit Validity Question

Options
  • 03-01-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks,

I got my Canadian IEC two years ago but due to the death of my father, I've been in Ireland since I got it and haven't left.

I had forgotten about it entirely until before Christmas for the fun of it I took another look at the letter of introduction which says I can enter anytime before the 19th February 2015.

So I'm beginning to give the idea of heading to Canada some serious thought again.

BUT...I could sworn they only give you a year to enter the country? I'm pretty sure I read on this forum a few times that you only get a year to enter from the time you get the visa. That was reason I had forgotten about the whole thing initially.

It says it in B&W that I got until February 19th 2015, but even with this, I'm thinking there's some sort of catch.

Am I being paranoid? Can I just head to Canada before the 19th February?

Thanks!

DJ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Surely that means the visa would expire on that date, and you can enter and be there for any period of time leading upto that date?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

In 2013 some of the early LOI's were issued with 2 years to enter in error. As they weren't reissued I would think it is still valid. You would probably be best to contact the CIC to verify (by phone as they are awful at getting back by email).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 daithijose

JenL wrote: »
    In 2013 some of the early LOI's were issued with 2 years to enter in error. As they weren't reissued I would think it is still valid. You would probably be best to contact the CIC to verify (by phone as they are awful at getting back by email).

Aha, this would make sense, hence my question. I distinctly remember reading here a number of times that I only had a year, where it says on my LOI I've two years to enter.

Anyways, the only way to clear this up is to get in touch with them I guess. Thanks to both of you for your help.

Advertisement