Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop unable to detect my router

Options
  • 03-01-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am after installing a new GPU, CPU and Motherboard.

I installed windows 8.1 and everything was going grand. I only have one issue. My desktop is unable to find my my router. I even try using the installation disc that came with the router I though that may be the issue but even that couldn't find it.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

I forgot to mention another thing. (I know I could use the edit button but that gives me a white screen when I click on it).

I am wired to the router and I even used two different cables and on different ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Sounds to me like you haven't installed your network drivers yet.

Are you using the new motherboards onboard network adapter? Have you installed the drivers that came with the new motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Sounds to me like you haven't installed your network drivers yet.

Are you using the new motherboards onboard network adapter? Have you installed the drivers that came with the new motherboard?
    This is most likely your issue.

Yes I completely forgot about that. Thank you. I will reply again if it worked or not.

Thanks you guys. I finally connected to my router.

• Advertisement
Advertisement