Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great TrueAchievement Score Challenge 2015

Options
  • 03-01-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭

http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2015.htm

I signed up, just wondering if anyone is interested in a Boardsie team, just for fun?

Basically your TA score is calculated over the entire calendar year. Teams are eliminated during the year, if you fall below a threshold.

Just created a Boards.ie team there, feel free to join.

Edit: Actually don't think people can join, just post your gamertag and I'll invite you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Meant to reply to you during the week when I saw your post on TA and slipped my mind. Add away.

Looking at the back catalogue and having some easy ones for staving of elimination is a must :D

Edit: worth mentioning , you don't have to be a dedicated hardcore achievement whore like me to help and contribute to this. It's probably better you are not actually, if you're unlocking achievements daily over various games it's better than me say sticking with one game to the end and only say getting one unlocked but a high ratio one etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I've got Child of Light just waiting to be played, so an easy 1000+ at least. We should hopefully last past the first elimination.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Right, I joined TA, my gamertag is Caffo, so add me please.

CatInABox wrote: »

:( unfortunately I tried to add you. Entrants need a minimum of 20,000 GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CatInABox wrote: »
    rizzla wrote: »

Yeah Caffo, pfft, what a n00b :P

/runs before anyone asks what my GS is

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Count me in. GT is <snip>

With Calex on our side we can't lose.:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Count me in too.. hopefully will encourage me to go an play through the single players of my backlog!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Count me in. GT is mickeyp1982.

With Calex on our side we can't lose.:p

Invited you there.
    mise wrote: »
    Count me in too.. hopefully will encourage me to go an play through the single players of my backlog!

What's your gamertag? Couldn't find anyone by the name mise. Ah, I have sigs off, see it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Add me there if you can. My gamertag is Cadhain. Managed to get four or five thousand in one month there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

cheevo hunting makes me miss cbox

I really should of read the rules more carefully. Only 3 people per team, which kinda sucks. So looks like multiple teams.

Boards.ie team comprises:

Me. GT will i am not
    Calex dEUS
    colmise

So if anyone else minds setting up a team and adding people that would be great. Could have some competition within this thread eve.

18 hours till registration closes.

<snip>
    Cadhain

The above are just short 1 person for their own team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Count me in too.

GT: The Batman IRL.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Count me in too.

GT: The Batman IRL.

Invited yourself and Cadhain there.

Didn't realise it was only teams of 3 , thought it was 5 for some reason.

Registration was extended by 24 hours.

It's officially started now and I'm having achievement problems with Halo. Typical. :pac:

Thank feck it's started, I was afraid to play games the last few days so as not to waste gamer score, I was annoyed when I got a few achievements in Styx on Friday :pac:

It's officially started now and I'm having achievement problems with Halo. Typical. :pac:

I saw you had the normal ones on Spartan ops was wondering why you didn't have the legendary ones as all you have to do is load the chapter and quit for it to count, which i'm guessing is what the top teams did to get them up so high already.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I saw you had the normal ones on Spartan ops was wondering why you didn't have the legendary ones as all you have to do is load the chapter and quit for it to count, which i'm guessing is what the top teams did to get them up so high already.

Thanks for the heads up. I would have only heard about this when it's patched. Off I go to get em, Spartan Ops was a nice idea, just very boring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Had a look at the tables earlier, and couldn't work it out for a while, but the negative points are down to Halo: MCC balancing? I have Halo 4 for 360 and One, should I hold onto one of the Spartan Ops until the next period?

Oh and what's the other Boards team called?

mise wrote: »
    Had a look at the tables earlier, and couldn't work it out for a while, but the negative points are down to Halo: MCC balancing? I have Halo 4 for 360 and One, should I hold onto one of the Spartan Ops until the next period?

Oh and what's the other Boards team called?

No get the Halo ones before they patch it out.

I see we have a 'Healthy Start' bonus now too that's a handy one for a rainy day 1000TA and can be used up to the last hour of the period.

Edit: You guys notice in the team page our TA and GS are all 20-30k off what they should be ? Shows mine as 380k when I hit 410k earlier.

Other team is Board.ie Part Deux

No get the Halo ones before they patch it out.

I see we have a 'Healthy Start' bonus now too that's a handy one for a rainy day 1000TA and can be used up to the last hour of the period.

Edit: You guys notice in the team page our TA and GS are all 20-30k off what they should be ? Shows mine as 380k when I hit 410k earlier.

Other team is Board.ie Part Deux

Whats the halo bug to get the achievements?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Whats the halo bug to get the achievements?

It's on spartan ops for completing them, you just load up each one on legendary and quit out during the cut scene and it counts as being beaten on that difficulty.

I just got the Spartan Ops ones. I say they'll try patch that fast. Tomorrow though the TA ratio won't nearly be as high.

I just got the Spartan Ops ones. I say they'll try patch that fast. Tomorrow though the TA ratio won't nearly be as high.

Had someone on my friends list rack up 3k TA on those the other day, down to around 600 now I think.

It's on spartan ops for completing them, you just load up each one on legendary and quit out during the cut scene and it counts as being beaten on that difficulty.

Nice, I played them all on Halo 4 and have no intention of doing it again :) They were decent co-op though.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Gamer tag SkinlessSnowman add me I have a huge back log might help me get started on some of them

• Advertisement

dmcdante wrote: »
    Gamer tag SkinlessSnowman add me I have a huge back log might help me get started on some of them

The registration ended awhile ago and it's already started on TA. Sorry.

Advertisement