Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great TrueAchievement Score Challenge 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

rizzla wrote: »
    The registration ended awhile ago and it's already started on TA. Sorry.

Thanks anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

See we hit 95th tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

calex71 wrote: »
    See we hit 95th tonight :eek:

What happens in the next Period. Does it reset the scores?

What happens in the next Period. Does it reset the scores?

yeah i'm a little fuzzy on that , haven't entered in a few years. I think it does. I recall burning through a load of easy games the last time I entered and it being for nothing, marathon not a sprint I guess.

I'm going to hold off on costume quest and wolf among us for when we need them I think though if we stick to our normal playing habits it will be a while before we have to worry, I'd say combined we do 1500-2000 TA on a bad week depending on whats played. I'm on the grindy stage of Lego Batman so 1 or 2 achievements a day for the next few days.

How the hell did we end up below the drop in the drop?????? Showing us at 558TA below now, and team above us have 2 achievements ffs :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How the hell did we end up below the drop in the drop?????? Showing us at 558TA below now, and team above us have 2 achievements ffs :confused:

I just saw that, something fishy going on there, an hour ago you were a thousand points ahead of our team.

Probably the scanners or something.

When I check though it says.

"Boards.ie - position 270th, 3,525 TA above drop"

Anyone have The Witcher 2 completed on their profile, that's about to see a TA jump.

Probably the scanners or something.

When I check though it says.

"Boards.ie - position 270th, 3,525 TA above drop"

Anyone have The Witcher 2 completed on their profile, that's about to see a TA jump.

Back to what it should be now, was having palpitations there last night for a while :D

The witcher won't see as big a jump as normal in GwG games as there were 2 versions a US and EU one, that won't affect the GTASC though as only ones earned during the period count but a lot of people got stung with the Halo recalculations from ones they earned before the start dropping in score and ended up starting with minus score which is incredibly unfair on them.

Just noticed when I was looking at the leaderboards last night there were only 639 team in the race. Would have thought there would be more.

Week 1 over and both teams still in the running and off to a flying start for week 2. Already well above the cut and in the top 100 too :)

Was expecting more teams to get cut this week but only around 20 or so are gone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Need to make some ground up tomorrow and Tuesday myself, been away from Xbox all weekend.

• Advertisement

Somethings up on the site, we are not -5000 TA.

Both teams still going strong. The longer this goes the more I'm starting to care. It's getting like my achievement streak. I'm heading on holiday soon but have some Windows Phone games ready so I can keep the streak going on holiday.....now that's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Somethings up on the site, we are not -5000 TA.

Blame Calex and that Sunset Overdrive achievement.

Well he should only be negative 300, not 5000!!!!!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Blame Calex and that Sunset Overdrive achievement.

Well he should only be negative 300, not 5000!!!!!

Showing me as having privacy settings on. This happened before, scanners are paused at the minute. That damned sunset achievement still has in my estimation about 500-700 to sink yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Showing me as having privacy settings on. This happened before, scanners are paused at the minute. That damned sunset achievement still has in my estimation about 500-700 to sink yet

huh, I was wondering why all of you were popping up in my feed with that d'aawwww achievement in sunset overdrive. I was thinking that ye must really be mad about the game, little did I know there was madness to the method!

Still suffering from that sunset overdrive achievement , that and the slow work involved with GTA mean's I've just about dragged myself out of the red and am still in minus figures. We need to be super careful this week, I'll keep an eye on the scores before 11pm tomorrow night just incase we get mugged and need to use my boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I've a couple of hours set aside this afternoon to work on some games, so should hopefully add a few hundred more points. Haven't had much time this week to play

mise wrote: »
    I've a couple of hours set aside this afternoon to work on some games, so should hopefully add a few hundred more points. Haven't had much time this week to play

Started unmechanical earlier on so thats good for 1000 before this evening :pac:

Started unmechanical earlier on so thats good for 1000 before this evening :pac:

Is that on sale by any chance?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is that on sale by any chance?

No, I got it for herself when it came out but never got around to playing it myself. Think it was 9.99. Seems worth it so far if you stay away from using the hints etc. which is easy as there is an achievement for not using them :D

Barely keeping afloat in the individual challenge. Damn Ori.

• Advertisement

Barely keeping afloat in the individual challenge. Damn Ori.

You should have 2 boosts you can use for 500 each if you get in trouble no?

Edit: That Sunset Overdrive one that caused me some trouble is now sitting at a very stable 609TA only falling by 1 or 2 points a day, so would be a nice boost with minimum effort.

You should have 2 boosts you can use for 500 each if you get in trouble no?

Edit: That Sunset Overdrive one that caused me some trouble is now sitting at a very stable 609TA only falling by 1 or 2 points a day, so would be a nice boost with minimum effort.

I was saving that one for next week cause I'm off on holiday. I only have 1 boost. I was also saving the Halo 500 MP wins but that popped at number 495 FML.

The title update with the 3 or 4 achievements in sunset is handy enough too for a decent boost.

The title update with the 3 or 4 achievements in sunset is handy enough too for a decent boost.

Yeah the Bucks Challenge ones, I'll do that tonight.

There was a Ryse title update earlier that added 3 achievements worth about 5k TA at the minute, I no longer have it but 2 of the 3 achievements are showing as done unlocking. They may or may not unlock without me having the game but if they do they could absolutely ruin us depending on if and when they unlock :mad:

There was a Ryse title update earlier that added 3 achievements worth about 5k TA at the minute, I no longer have it but 2 of the 3 achievements are showing as done unlocking. They may or may not unlock without me having the game but if they do they could absolutely ruin us depending on if and when they unlock :mad:

Yeah same with me, they say done, unlocking. I'm done now for the week. A windows phone achievement a day. I'm off on holiday.

I should be safe, depending on that Ryse thing though.

I'm at two minds about the score challenge, on one hand it's making clear out my backlog by playing all the indie games and GWG I have, on the other hand sometimes I want to just sit down and play Halo or Titanfall or whatever but the fact I'm not likely to rack up much achievements puts me off. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm at two minds about the score challenge, on one hand it's making clear out my backlog by playing all the indie games and GWG I have, on the other hand sometimes I want to just sit down and play Halo or Titanfall or whatever but the fact I'm not likely to rack up much achievements puts me off. :o

Same here, but with GTA online.

I'm glued to it.

I haven't had to deviate from my normal playing habits at all ..... that might change after tonight if Borderlands 2 ratio drops like a stone :D It's currently 12k TA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I haven't had to deviate from my normal playing habits at all ..... that might change after tonight if Borderlands 2 ratio drops like a stone :D It's currently 12k TA

Yeah Calex, your normal playing habits just aren't normal for anyone else!

Advertisement