Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great TrueAchievement Score Challenge 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not sure what way to take that one :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what way to take that one :confused:

Ah, I'm just in awe of your gamer score! My normal gaming habits has left me with a paltry total next to yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I just spotted that team deux was about to get kicked out due to being 330 TA short....

Threw on Forza Fast and Furious. Hopefully have us saved now. Score 600+ so hopefully thats us still in it...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I just spotted that team deux was about to get kicked out due to being 330 TA short....

Threw on Forza Fast and Furious. Hopefully have us saved now. Score 600+ so hopefully thats us still in it...

Woops, I was enjoying Shadow of Mordor too much last week :o Looks like we made it anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Woops, I was enjoying Shadow of Mordor too much last week :o Looks like we made it anyway.

We made it, but we lost a man, and I blew my 2 safety net games to keep us a float, so I finished them off yesterday, so we should be ok for this week I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We made it, but we lost a man, and I blew my 2 safety net games to keep us a float, so I finished them off yesterday, so we should be ok for this week I hope.

Lost a man? If you go out of the individual challenge are you not still in the team?

Lost a man? If you go out of the individual challenge are you not still in the team?

Oh sound, he is only gone out of the individual challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Anyone use any of their boosts yet?

rizzla wrote: »
    Anyone use any of their boosts yet?

Nope, do boosts apply to the team or individual? or both.

Nope, do boosts apply to the team or individual? or both.

One of each I think. There's a 1000 boost for team and a 500 boost for individual, I'm going to be in the states for a couple of weeks in June so I'm saving mine for then as I won't be gaming at all for 2 weeks straight.

• Advertisement

One of each I think. There's a 1000 boost for team and a 500 boost for individual, I'm going to be in the states for a couple of weeks in June so I'm saving mine for then as I won't be gaming at all for 2 weeks straight.

I'm sure Mrs Freeze will want a sun holiday this year too at some stage, so that will be the end of me from the challenge unless the boost saves me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Sorry I fell way behind lately. GTA is being tight handing out achievements

Will we survive this week?

Not looking good....

I barely survived the individual last week. My gaming has been restricted to week day evenings for the last few months so spending a few hours getting achievements has become more of a chore unfortunately.

Looking like we'll survive, I'll save 1000TA bonus thing for another week. :)

Looking like we'll survive, I'll save 1000TA bonus thing for another week. :)

Cool, the cut off does rise quickly up to 1 am though.

I got some high TA witcher achievements today, maybe too high...could pay for it next week.

Cool, the cut off does rise quickly up to 1 am though.

I got some high TA witcher achievements today, maybe too high...could pay for it next week.

I'll check before 1am in case if I think of it.

35 above the drop, going to pull the trigger I think.

Looks like we might survive another week at least...

Looks like we might survive another week at least...

Haha, yeah, scraping by at this stage. I'll have to look through the backlog and see what achievements are easy to get. I'm going to be in america for two weeks after next week so that will probably be me out of it then.

• Advertisement

Haha, yeah, scraping by at this stage. I'll have to look through the backlog and see what achievements are easy to get. I'm going to be in america for two weeks after next week so that will probably be me out of it then.

Aye, we are sinking now, that is for sure.

I started Slice Zombies for Kinect, it was an easy 800pts plus what ever other bits I got from the Witcher.

I could do one of The Walking Dead season 1 and 2 and The Wolf Among us for 1000 for the next 3 weeks anyways, I have Child of Light too.

Getting the time is the problem, I have a few others that I just need to complete, but they will a while to mop up the last few.

Aye, we are sinking now, that is for sure.

I started Slice Zombies for Kinect, it was an easy 800pts plus what ever other bits I got from the Witcher.

I could do one of The Walking Dead season 1 and 2 and The Wolf Among us for 1000 for the next 3 weeks anyways, I have Child of Light too.

Getting the time is the problem, I have a few others that I just need to complete, but they will a while to mop up the last few.

Child of light is easy TA and a good game to boot.

Very impressed with everyone. Looking at the site it looks like 1,332 teams signed up. So we've outlasted 1,000 teams. Never expected that. I can't see us lasting much longer. Got a holiday the start off July but I've smashed my expectations of lasting a month.

Yup, I'm away on Holidays from next Tuesday and Monday will be the only night I'll get to game before I go. The few I got in Costume Quest 2 should get me through this week and I'll hopefully get a few handy high TA ones in that GWG pool game on monday to get me through next week, then I'll use my 500TA bonus the week after.The following week I'm screwed in the individual one for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Regret not signing up for this. At least it'd be reason not to play fifa and to cut into my stupid backlog...

We survive another week thats to Pneuma being on sale this week..

Took around 90mins to get all bar one achievement for 1065 TA.

We survive another week thats to Pneuma being on sale this week..

Took around 90mins to get all bar one achievement for 1065 TA.

Fair play, last I saw we were well below safety. I'll only have tomorrow night to get few on the board this week then I'm gone for 2 weeks.

We are just above the bar. Should we use our boost. To be safe?

rizzla wrote: »
    We are just above the bar. Should we use our boost. To be safe?

No I'll keep an eye on it , i'll be scoring with batman ak later and if it's getting tight at 11pm I'll play pneuma to keep us in.

• Advertisement

Getting tough now. This will get crazy as it gets nearer the end. The leapfrog thing was mental and this will be the same.

Advertisement