Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business or Arts

Options
  • 03-01-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I am a current 6th year student who is torn between doing an Arts degree or a general Business degree.

ARTS
    I personally feel I would enjoy doing an arts more as I have a love for the subjects. However the major worry I have with an arts is the lack of qualification or employability.

BUSINESS
    Business on the other although it is a general degree I feel I will be more employable or more qualified as such than doing an arts. I wouldn't have the same love for business as the arts subjects and to add to this I have a strong dislike for maths which is quite prominent I believe in a business degree.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone had any advice for me? Is it true that I would be more employable from doing a business degree? Should I steer clear of Business because of my dislike of Maths?

All help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Honest answer? You most definitely will be more employable with, well, anything other than an Arts degree. There was something in the Irish Times recently to this effect.

I wouldn't worry about the maths in the Business degree, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bohsboy11

Thanks Tom appreciate your honesty

Advertisement