Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm keeps flash

Options
  • 03-01-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, Experts

My HKC SecureWatch keep flash its outside lights up the external wall(not the red/green one, but a white flash in the middle) do you know what happened and how can I disable it?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the system in an alarm state?
    Enter your code on the keypad, what displays?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

No, Sir

It reads "Ready to Arm", no alarm inside or outside. (But I default the system previoiusly... maybe I need to set something to make it work?)

Thanks a lot for your reply to my thread!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would need to look at where the strobe output is wired into.
    It's possible it's into an output that's configured for something else and is normally negative.
    Does the flashing stop when the system is armed or when the alarm is activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I agree with KoolKid. It seems the strobe trigger is wired into an output but that output is programmed for something different.

Is the strobe flashing no matter what state the alarm is in?

Who is the manufacturer of the alarm?

The alarm is HKC secure watch.
    The strobe flashes no matter what. It flash while alarm is unset.
    Any idea how to configure correct output for it?

Thanks a lot to both of you :D

• Advertisement

Few questions.

Does it always flash or just when unset?

Has it always done that or is it a sudden thing?

Has anyone reset or worked on the system recently?

He said he defaulted it recently. Not sure off the top of my head if there is an output on the SW that defaults a a positive trigger.

Few questions.

Does it always flash or just when unset?

Has it always done that or is it a sudden thing?

Has anyone reset or worked on the system recently?

1) It always flash
    2) Recently after a system default
    3) Yes, I reset it as I forgot the user code, cause a power out triggered the alarm

Any way to check what output should I try to configure? Thanks a lot :)

I'd go into the output test and toggle them one by one and check when the strobe stops. You then need to reconfigure that output for 'Strobe'

Thanks, Fred, I will do the check later this week. :) Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

I'd go into the output test and toggle them one by one and check when the strobe stops. You then need to reconfigure that output for 'Strobe'
    KoolKid wrote: »
    He said he defaulted it recently. Not sure off the top of my head if there is an output on the SW that defaults a a positive trigger.

Another quick question, please

I notice the Panel Defaults Variations has "standard IS199, Domestic IS199, Standard EN50131, Domestic EN50131"

How do I know which default variations I am using now? I'm thinking since I just default the system, maybe the default variations my alarm is using now cause the Strobe on...

Any idea?

Thanks

It doesn't really make any difference. As you are setting this up yourself its not going to conform to any of the EN standards.

Advertisement