Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show me boards

Options
  • 03-01-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi I want to buy a class set of show me boards, anyone recommend anywhere to buy them?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you mean small white boards for each child?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

Do you mean small white boards for each child?

The very ones

• Registered Users Posts: 42 keithconnolly

Dealz had them a few weeks ago only 2.50 each too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Someone once suggested laminating A4 pages and using them as mini whiteboards but I never got around to trying it... really should cause it sounds like a great money saver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

what we've done is place a white A4 page inside a polypocket folder. markers used on the polypocket and wipes off easily. it works a treat and cheap as chips

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

I got mine from SG Education - pack of 35 show-me boards, erasers and markers. Very quick delivery.

http://www.sgeducation.ie/p/show_me_classpack_plain_35

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The Dealz ones aren't very robust and the border/binding comes off them very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

I laminated my own sheets, squares on one side, black on the other (so they can't send messages backwards when holding them up to me). I use them for introduction to graphing in Maths, and for planning experiments and apparatus in Science. Anything where they might be wrong first time so that doesn't have to go permanently in the copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I laminated my own sheets, squares on one side, black on the other (so they can't send messages backwards when holding them up to me). I use them for introduction to graphing in Maths, and for planning experiments and apparatus in Science. Anything where they might be wrong first time so that doesn't have to go permanently in the copy.

I thought you meant to write blank on the other but you really meant black. I just have to say, that's something I would never have considered and a really good tip.

• Advertisement

Can I just mention that many children with dyslexia find it hard to read from laminated pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭compgeek

rothai wrote: »
    Hi I want to buy a class set of show me boards, anyone recommend anywhere to buy them?

Hi Rothai,

You can get the showmeboards from Viking Direct here:
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Show-Me-Boards-Class-Pack-35/id=5457519/

Compgeek.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

what we've done is place a white A4 page inside a polypocket folder. markers used on the polypocket and wipes off easily. it works a treat and cheap as chips
    It will depend on the markers.

Potentially an ideal way to destroy clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I've found laminated sheets don't wipe clean properly. I got some for my room from Viking.

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Show-Me-A4-Magnetic-Whiteboards-Pack-10/pr=QDD&id=5486625/

Bit expensive but tough and reversible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Just spotted mine were already shown. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 claredoylo

Does anyone know where I would be able to get the mind map show me boards in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1 muinteoirmata

I got showme boards with 10mm graph squares on reverse €29.50 for 30 from Michael Doherty School Supplies in Tallaght or online. Very durable. Wouldn't pay you time wise to make your own.

Advertisement