Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Leaving Cert.

• 03-01-2015 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi
    Today I heard that you must pass your core subject in (LC) like IRISH etc to get into Universities.
    Is it true? What if I failed higher level irish !!! Sorry I'm panicking.
    Anyone know ? Is it new rule in CAO?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Different universities have different minimum standards for entry, as well as specific requirements for each course.
    For some a pass in Irish is needed, for others a pass in a modern European language other than English or Irish, for some a certain level of Maths is required.

Sometimes, these requirements are not needed, for example the Irish requirement for someone who was educated for primary school in Poland or France or Spain.

These are university/college requirements, nothing to do with the CAO.

If you think it's likely you might fail Irish and Irish is one of your chosen course's basic requirements, then you might consider switching to OL.

Advertisement