Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardcore history

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I have been listening for years. Bought the complete back catalog. The amount of work Dan puts in is unreal. The latest series 'Blueprint for Armageddon' is brilliant. Up to about 14 hours so far over 5 episodes on WW1. It's harrowing stuff.

I love some of the more obscure topics he picks, a personal favorite is 'Prophets of Doom'.

I used 'Wrath of Khans' as the basis for a college essay. Hugely entertaining.

The only downside is there are only 4/5 episodes a year, but completely understandable given the depth of information contained.

His 'Common Sense' podcasts are also worth a listen and more frequent.

Can't wait to hear what's next, he has hinted at a return to ancient history.

I honestly believe he has taken the podcast medium to the next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Cheers for this, just on to the second blueprint for Armageddon episode...fascinating/harrowing stuff, the detail in each episode is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

New listeners should be warned that he only puts out around four episodes a year. I found this out much to my dismay a couple of years ago after consuming the entire (free) catalogue and having to wait month for the next instalment.

Advertisement