Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Deferrals

Options
  • 03-01-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Is it possible to defer exams. I missed one exam before Christmas as I was in hospital...I'm out now but am still not right. I've not prepared, been trying to do do some reports too, which fell behind because of the same issue...I've uploaded reports that I'm not happy with just to have something in and now i'm totally stressed. The doctor said outright i should defer them and has written a note to that effect but if the college do not accept I'm screwed. I am also stressed about having to deal with back to back exams in the summer if the college do say its ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

yabbav wrote: »
    Is it possible to defer exams. I missed one exam before Christmas as I was in hospital...I'm out now but am still not right. I've not prepared, been trying to do do some reports too, which fell behind because of the same issue...I've uploaded reports that I'm not happy with just to have something in and now i'm totally stressed. The doctor said outright i should defer them and has written a note to that effect but if the college do not accept I'm screwed. I am also stressed about having to deal with back to back exams in the summer if the college do say its ok.
    email tutour. You can do the repeats in august. Its just a question whether you will have to pay

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

If you've a valid medical reason, and a note from the doc/hospital they'll let you sit the repeat exams as a first sit - meaning won't cost you anything and the result won't be capped at 40% (which repeats normally are).

Just call into the exams office in either Aungier or Bolton depending on whether your normally based in a Sth or Nth side campus and they'll get you to fill in a form - of memory serves its called a PC-9 personal circumstances form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

If you've a valid medical reason, and a note from the doc/hospital they'll let you sit the repeat exams as a first sit - meaning won't cost you anything and the result won't be capped at 40% (which repeats normally are).

Just call into the exams office in either Aungier or Bolton depending on whether your normally based in a Sth or Nth side campus and they'll get you to fill in a form - of memory serves its called a PC-9 personal circumstances form.

There is exam offices in all the colleges i believe , there one in kevin st for sure as well as anguier

Advertisement