Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation in Clare

• 03-01-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, I'm a bit useless with maps etc., so I was wondering if anyone could advise me what the best part of Clare to stay in would be? There's 3 of us, and we're hoping to do the father ted tour, and also the cliffs of moher, so I'm ideally looking for somewhere in between the two that has a good nightlife aspect also (I know, I don't ask for much...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Lahinch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hi,

Father Ted's house is out by Corofin, Craggy Island is the Aran Islands (debate as to which 1), I'd say that Doolin would probably be your best bet, some good pubs and usually a bit lively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Perfect, thanks guys! Can you recommend anything else that should be done in the area? I've just seen that the father ted tour is actually only an hour long..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Surfing is very popular, walks in the Burren can be lovely as well, depending on when you're going there might be a festival on somewhere, something like Willie Clancy. Clare is a relatively small area so you won't be more than an hour from anywhere.

If you want a couple of days worth of stuff you do you could do the following:
    Day 1 - Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, then to Ennis for an overnight stay.
    Day 2- Father Ted tour and walks in the Burren - stay in Doolin
    Day 3 - Ferry across to the Aran Islands for the day - stay in Doolin
    Day 4 - Cliffs of Moher and surf lessons - Stay in Doolin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

You've pretty much planned our weekend, thank you so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

username_x wrote: »
    Perfect, thanks guys! Can you recommend anything else that should be done in the area? I've just seen that the father ted tour is actually only an hour long..

Explore the burren,visit the beach.the rock shop at liscannor is worth a look,or the ailwee caves.boat out to the Aran islands.lunch at ballyvaugan,shopping in Ennis,or travel out to east Clare. (Lough derg is lovely).

Advertisement