Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to San Fra, best phone options?

Options
  • 03-01-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How ye lads? Just made the move staying out in Millbrae (30mins south) for now but hoping to move closer tot he city after a while.

I'll be here for at least 1 year, could do with something relatively cheap just to use for calling in America, I've no need for international calls back home (Skype etc.). I have my Irish phone with me, it has not been unlocked though.

What are my best options, was loking for shops on Maps and saw that there is a radioshack and T-Mobile near me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

If you're looking cheap and cheerful, Metro PCS have some decent plans. They've got a store in Millbrae (no idea if it's any good, reviews seem bad though), as well as in SF and throughout the Bay Area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

How ye lads? Just made the move staying out in Millbrae (30mins south) for now but hoping to move closer tot he city after a while.

I'll be here for at least 1 year, could do with something relatively cheap just to use for calling in America, I've no need for international calls back home (Skype etc.). I have my Irish phone with me, it has not been unlocked though.

What are my best options, was loking for shops on Maps and saw that there is a radioshack and T-Mobile near me.

Avoid t-mobile like the plague - verizon or AT&T have the best coverage in the bay area

One tip...don't call it San Fran or Frisco :)....it is The bay area, the city or the peninsula (depending on where you are)

Let me know if you need any info or tips. I live in the city but work not far from Millbrae

• Registered Users Posts: 2 QuiltyKeith

How cheap is cheap when it comes to phones over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

How cheap is cheap when it comes to phones over here?

you can get a cheap at&t prepaid for $14.99.

Just remember though, credit works differently here - you pay for inbound and outbound calls.

Your best best is to go into the stores and ask them.

Advertisement