Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I just wanted to say.....24 hours to go!!!!!!! This time tomorrow I'll be grabbing a bite to eat then getting hair done at 10.15! Wish me luck :-D

Hope you have a fab day. Is tomorrow the surprise one? If so how did you get everyone to come on a Monday? Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭SecretBride

andreac wrote: »
    Hope you have a fab day. Is tomorrow the surprise one? If so how did you get everyone to come on a Monday? Lol.

No tomorrow is the registry office....the legal bit lol! Saturday is the other one, not sure which I'm looking forward to most, becoming his wife or surprising everyone with the fact! It'll be weird wearing our rings just for a few hours then back in the box until Saturday too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Good luck tomorrow secretbride, will you & your husband go for a nice meal or anything to celebrate tomorrow?

Good luck tomorrow secretbride, will you & your husband go for a nice meal or anything to celebrate tomorrow?

Thanks shortstuff! Yep, there are 6 of us going to a really nice Chinese....am just hoping I can breathe in my dress and stuff Chinese in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We had our HSE appointment today, all went well!

Florist who I booked in 2014 cancelled on us yesterday via email. I had text her last week (no reply) and then again yesterday confirming all was still ok for our date, text was ignored and an email was sent to the email address I gave her almost 2 years ago!! Lucky I still use that email address isn't it!?

On the hunt for a new florist now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Thanks shortstuff! Yep, there are 6 of us going to a really nice Chinese....am just hoping I can breathe in my dress and stuff Chinese in!!!
    Hope you had a lovely day SecretBride and that you dont find it too hard keeping the secret for a little while longer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

That's really annoying michellie! I would be raging after booking them so early. Hope you have lots of time to get a new one. I picked my bridesmaid dresses last week, hoping to order them within the next month or so. Also ordered rings and shoes. Trying to book a videographer now very hard to know who's good. Any recommendations in the midlands would be great. Hope everyone's planning is going well! secretbride hope you had a lovely day!

bearhugs wrote: »
    That's really annoying michellie! I would be raging after booking them so early. Hope you have lots of time to get a new one. I picked my bridesmaid dresses last week, hoping to order them within the next month or so. Also ordered rings and shoes. Trying to book a videographer now very hard to know who's good. Any recommendations in the midlands would be great. Hope everyone's planning is going well! secretbride hope you had a lovely day!

To be fair she actually sent on the name of another florist who would be able to do them and at the same price. I met with her today and I love her and am very happy with her work so all is ok again! Phew!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 The_Stranger

Hi Ladies! :)

Another 2016 bride here. Engaged a month and have civil ceremony and ceremony venue booked, my dress, cake ordered, hair and make up booked. I'm making the bouquets myself and have all the stuff to make them ordered.

Went to view two venues for the reception today and my head is ready to explode with all the package information and comparing the two of them! One I really liked, ticked all the boxes for me but was on the more expensive end of things, the other one was cheaper but I wasn't crazy about the room they were offering us for the reception. We're going to go view a couple more venues before making a decision.

Loving this thread. :)

Morning Ladies and Congrats, SecretBride xxx

I suffer from Cold Sores. Every Christmas I get at least one but normally two. I always seem to get one over the summer too but not sure which month. I went into the chemist yesterday and asked is there anything to prevent them and she gave me Lysine tablets.

Anyone else have any recommendations for preventing them? I think the chance of a cold sore appearing the week of my wedding is more stressful than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I suffer from Cold Sores. Every Christmas I get at least one but normally two. I always seem to get one over the summer too but not sure which month. I went into the chemist yesterday and asked is there anything to prevent them and she gave me Lysine tablets.

Anyone else have any recommendations for preventing them? I think the chance of a cold sore appearing the week of my wedding is more stressful than anything else.

I'm the same with cold sores, I was so worried the week before my wedding about getting one! Lysine is great, start taking them now and take a double dose the week of the wedding.

Also, if you know anyone going to Spain they sell tablets for cold sores over the counter there that are only available of prescription here, Valtrex or similar (they are used to treat herpes!). If you do feel a cold sore coming up take them, they kill them off so quickly, sometimes they don't even come up if you catch it in time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got a couple in the run up to the wedding, but they stayed away for the wedding itself. I have no idea how to prevent them (but I wish I did!), but using the cream as soon as you feel the slightest tingle helps to shorten the duration.

Today's the day for the big reveal! And today actually feels like my wedding day....it's mad to think that really we are actually married nearly a week! Everything is packed and ready for the hotel, meeting hubby there tonight so wish us luck!!!

Have a fab time secret bride!!

My mam got her outfit sorted today. Another thing ticked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

My mam got her outfit sorted today. Another thing ticked off.

My ma bought a dress the day after we told her we were getting married. She has since bought two more, averaging at a new dress every two weeks since she found out. She is far too excited! I really think the last one was 'the one' though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

My invites are out :) I can honestly say that was the most stressful part of planning. Give yourself a month extra time with them as so much can be delayed. Every day was stressful as tiny things kept delaying it all.

Feck all rsvp replies but I kinda expected it might take a week or two.

My dress should be in by next week, am so excited to try it on with my shoes etc. It's all so real now, counting down the last two months.

My invites are out :) I can honestly say that was the most stressful part of planning. Give yourself a month extra time with them as so much can be delayed. Every day was stressful as tiny things kept delaying it all.

Feck all rsvp replies but I kinda expected it might take a week or two.

My dress should be in by next week, am so excited to try it on with my shoes etc. It's all so real now, counting down the last two months.

I actually ordered my invites this week and I'm not getting married until August ha ha. Just want to get stuff done as early as possible to save on stress later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I actually ordered my invites this week and I'm not getting married until August ha ha. Just want to get stuff done as early as possible to save on stress later.

Weve got the templates all done for ours. We were going to print ourselves but my printer wont take card. Have to start shopping around printing companies!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Farmerstatia

hi everyone..

congrats to everyone getting married and started planning.
    we are getting married march 2017 but have soooo much organised all ready thank god...

I have a question I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction..
    I have to get letters of freedom from England cause I was born there and received my communion there but I haven't the foggiest idea how to go about getting in... I literally have no idea how to go about it at all....has anyone got any help or advice!!!!

I asked our priest but he keeps avoiding the question!!!!!

hope you can help ....

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Weve got the templates all done for ours. We were going to print ourselves but my printer wont take card. Have to start shopping around printing companies!

We used Morgan printing in santry and they were by far the best value

7 months today!!

Hi everyone. .god your all very organised!! I ordered my veil on lightinthebox today..has anyone else ever ordered from these?? I hope all comes they way i want.

Hotel booked... roll on the stress !!!!

Hi everyone. .god your all very organised!! I ordered my veil on lightinthebox today..has anyone else ever ordered from these?? I hope all comes they way i want.

Hotel booked... roll on the stress !!!!

I have ordered tops from there a few times and came no problem. Did take a while but all came.

• Advertisement

I have ordered tops from there a few times and came no problem. Did take a while but all came.

Did you have to pay much tax and customs on the items you ordered??? I dont want to be stuck paying a heap of money for tax and customs????

Did you have to pay much tax and customs on the items you ordered??? I dont want to be stuck paying a heap of money for tax and customs????

Never paid anything on it. Mine only came to around 30euro i think for the items i got and i was never asked to pay anything on arrival.

I am making little thank you gift bags for my girls for my hen weekend, anyone have any ideas on what to put in? I have some panadols and some plasters and a little bracelet each already. Got some cute pink paper gift bags on eBay.

Never paid anything on it. Mine only came to around 30euro i think for the items i got and i was never asked to pay anything on arrival.

Mine coming to around 40 euro so hopefully there be no extras to pay!!! Thanks a million

michellie wrote: »
    I am making little thank you gift bags for my girls for my hen weekend, anyone have any ideas on what to put in? I have some panadols and some plasters and a little bracelet each already. Got some cute pink paper gift bags on eBay.

What about a little mini bottle of wine or champagne?

• Advertisement

michellie wrote: »

How about some little bars of choclate for the munchies later on....

7 months today!!

I'm seven weeks tomorrow. It's getting far too real now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

six weeks today eek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

10 weeks today. Invites sent yesterday, first dress fitting tomorrow, it's all go!!

Skipping invites and just setting up a Facebook event is totally acceptable, right? :pac:

Skipping invites and just setting up a Facebook event is totally acceptable, right? :pac:

Absolutely! We cut down on the printing costs by having an email address and mobile number as RSVP. When people get back to us saying they're coming then we're sending hotel info/directions etc as appropriate. Cuts down so much. The Facebook event is a perfect idea too.

Absolutely! We cut down on the printing costs by having an email address and mobile number as RSVP. When people get back to us saying they're coming then we're sending hotel info/directions etc as appropriate. Cuts down so much. The Facebook event is a perfect idea too.

We just got onto vistaprint and picked out 50 invites for the ceremony, 50 for the evening reception, 50 RSVPS to go with ceremony invites (don't see the point in having the same for evening) and 50 envelope seals as we ordered the free white envelopes :p
    Worked out at €200 including VAT and postage, so we're delighted with that!
    (Also the OH actually picked them and edited them himself, shock horror! :pac: )

You're prob better off I spent so much time making my invitations which had all the necessary information and have had nothing but calls asking what the hotels called? how do i book a room? what date is it again? ... READ THE INVITE!!!! sorry rant over... :rolleyes:

emzibob wrote: »
    You're prob better off I spent so much time making my invitations which had all the necessary information and have had nothing but calls asking what the hotels called? how do i book a room? what date is it again? ... READ THE INVITE!!!! sorry rant over... :rolleyes:

I can imagine how annoying that is alright, especially after all the effort you went to. People are strange!

We did the text and email thing but it hasn't worked out great. all the older relations still have posted them back

• Advertisement

I now have just over 50% of who we are hoping will attend numbers wise with 15 days to go til deadline. We need more nos but I'll manage if we go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 flix

Less than 7 weeks to go! We've had a relatively long engagement and so have most things organised, I'm hoping that will allow us to enjoy the build up with minimum stress :) Very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

19 days to go for us.
    Still feels surreal, it doesn't feel like its my wedding!
    All major things done now I'm just contacting suppliers etc.

And getting all the money together for who has to be paid...

Really want to enjoy the week leading up to the wedding as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

19 days to go for us.
    Still feels surreal, it doesn't feel like its my wedding!
    All major things done now I'm just contacting suppliers etc.

And getting all the money together for who has to be paid...

Really want to enjoy the week leading up to the wedding as much as possible.

Meeting the videographer to finally hand over deposit!
    So with 7 months to go we have
    • all our civil ceremony paperwork done and notice given
    • our venue booked and deposit given
    • our band booked and deposit given
    • our photographer booked and deposit given (and we only owe her €200 on the day because we went for an up-and-coming student :p )
    • our flowers paid off in full (but I'm going to see her tomorrow about an arch for the aisle)
    • our DJ booked (he doesn't take deposits but he's done all my family events)
    • our invitations ordered, with spares just in case
    • our rings picked (Argos' finest lol, just need to go and pay for them)
    • my bridesmaid dresses picked (measurements to be taken this week and ordered next week)
    • make-up and hair provisionally booked (calling in next week to hand over the deposit)
    • videographer booked (meeting tomorrow to give him the deposit)
    • favours sorted (ordered from one lady doing small candles to match our wedding cake) and ordering mini chocolates in a personalised box closer to the date

So all we really have to sort is suits, flower girl dresses for my wee girls and a dress for myself!
    We're thinking of getting a chocolate fountain and one of those sweet carousels (but we're putting wham bars, liquorice, loveheart sweets etc in it rather than fancy chocolates) so I'll have to start looking into that.

Am I missing anything? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Got my flowers sorted last night. Will have the full price by the end of the week but really liked the girl and her pics etc so all sorted. Bridemaids dresses next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 The_Stranger

Meeting the videographer to finally hand over deposit!
    So with 7 months to go we have
    • all our civil ceremony paperwork done and notice given
    • our venue booked and deposit given
    • our band booked and deposit given
    • our photographer booked and deposit given (and we only owe her €200 on the day because we went for an up-and-coming student :p )
    • our flowers paid off in full (but I'm going to see her tomorrow about an arch for the aisle)
    • our DJ booked (he doesn't take deposits but he's done all my family events)
    • our invitations ordered, with spares just in case
    • our rings picked (Argos' finest lol, just need to go and pay for them)
    • my bridesmaid dresses picked (measurements to be taken this week and ordered next week)
    • make-up and hair provisionally booked (calling in next week to hand over the deposit)
    • videographer booked (meeting tomorrow to give him the deposit)
    • favours sorted (ordered from one lady doing small candles to match our wedding cake) and ordering mini chocolates in a personalised box closer to the date

So all we really have to sort is suits, flower girl dresses for my wee girls and a dress for myself!
    We're thinking of getting a chocolate fountain and one of those sweet carousels (but we're putting wham bars, liquorice, loveheart sweets etc in it rather than fancy chocolates) so I'll have to start looking into that.

Am I missing anything? :D

Your so organised ShaShaBear. I've 6 months to go but we're only engaged about 8 weeks. It's been non stop trying to get everything organised! I just ordered flowers today and cars are booked. Have our appointment with the registrar next week.

I still have to sort out the bridesmaid dress, rings, suits for the boys, invitations and we're not fully decided on whether or not to do wedding favours.

I'm making my own and bridesmaid bouquets and I nearly have them finished. I actually quite enjoyed that project.
    Invitations I'm going to do myself.

My eyes have really been opened to the work that goes into planning a wedding, I'm worn out from making decisions!!!! :D

Your so organised ShaShaBear. I've 6 months to go but we're only engaged about 8 weeks. It's been non stop trying to get everything organised! I just ordered flowers today and cars are booked. Have our appointment with the registrar next week.

I still have to sort out the bridesmaid dress, rings, suits for the boys, invitations and we're not fully decided on whether or not to do wedding favours.

I'm making my own and bridesmaid bouquets and I nearly have them finished. I actually quite enjoyed that project.
    Invitations I'm going to do myself.

My eyes have really been opened to the work that goes into planning a wedding, I'm worn out from making decisions!!!! :D

I do a lot of crochet and really wanted to make my own bouquets but Ive two under 2 so Id never get the time! I love the idea of handmade things!!
    Its crazy, even when you get everything done you have to go back to them all periodically to give numbers, song info, seating and decoration plans... mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Had my first dress fitting this morning-exciting! Anybody got any recommendations for shapewear for under the dress?

• Advertisement

had my dress fitting at the weekend LOVED it! the boys had their suits fitted, have my make-up trial tonight and off on my hens tomorrow so excited :)

Advertisement