Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

First of my aliexpress order arrived today :-)

My selfie sticks came. I ordered 12 and came to 24 euro. Just tested one out and it works. Might pick up a few more, ill see. They came very quick. Wasn't expecting them for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

andreac wrote: »
    First of my aliexpress order arrived today :-)

My selfie sticks came. I ordered 12 and came to 24 euro. Just tested one out and it works. Might pick up a few more, ill see. They came very quick. Wasn't expecting them for another while.

Funny enough I've found a lot of my stuff coming quicker than expected too! :) Selfie sticks for the wedding though, that's a great idea!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Funny enough I've found a lot of my stuff coming quicker than expected too! :) Selfie sticks for the wedding though, that's a great idea!

Yeah just thought id get a few and put them on some of the tables, maybe the younger ones ha ha. Just for bit of craic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 The_Stranger

Yeah just thought id get a few and put them on some of the tables, maybe the younger ones ha ha. Just for bit of craic really.

Yeah we got some for our tables too along with a few props. Hopefully we'll all have a bit of a laugh with them.

Had my hair and make up trial done. Hair was amazing, make up not so much. She went way to dark with the eyes. She is going to come another evening to redo the eye make up.

Also went for a dress fitting and it's looking amazing. I was a bit worried my second quote was too cheap after the massive first quote I had but all my worries are gone now that I've seen it. It should be finished next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Hi, I'm getting married in August and have started thinking about the mass booklet, readings, etc but gettingmarried.ie is down and says "website disabled". Does anyone know if this is a permanent thing or can anyone direct me to a similar website?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Did the premarriage course last night. Booked the Avalon day course and they emailed to say we could do it online for the same price if we liked. Have a kiddo so said we'd try do it this weekend, have to say it was actually really good, we were probably more open with eachother than would have been in a group setting!

Ordered bridesmaid earrings this week & meeting with them today for spa treatments so meeting beforehand to have a look at shoes for them. That would be the BM's pretty much sorted I think. Asked a friend about where she got her BM boleros so said I could borrow them.

We were at a wedding last week & really liked her booklet so I'll be trying to replicate that a bit this week.

Anyone else that's thinking of selfie sticks, I got 1 to test from the euro shop for €3, it's perfect so will pick up some more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 emmabarnes1980

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right directing regarding underwear for the big day.
    I'm not getting married until November so have a good while to get things sorted.
    I am a size 22 - 24 but have a small bust so I find it difficult to find bra's anyway. I'm at a bit of a loose end.
    TIA
    Emma

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right directing regarding underwear for the big day.
    I'm not getting married until November so have a good while to get things sorted.
    I am a size 22 - 24 but have a small bust so I find it difficult to find bra's anyway. I'm at a bit of a loose end.
    TIA
    Emma

I've absolutely no clue, I'm not bothering because my dress is so ridiculously boned that a bra would be awful uncomfortable and I just don't see the logic in expensive knickers after two kids :P
    Bigger bras are a disaster to get, though. I really struggle with size :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I've absolutely no clue, I'm not bothering because my dress is so ridiculously boned that a bra would be awful uncomfortable and I just don't see the logic in expensive knickers after two kids :P

Lol had this conversation with himself last night. I have no boobs so bras are a nightmare. He is insisting I treat myself to something nice for under the dress - 'none of your usual pennys rubbish'. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 emmabarnes1980

You're so lucky to have a bit of boning in your dress to keep the girls in place! Mine doesn't have any.
    It's horrible trying to get bigger sized bras though. I normally get mine on line or in Evans...they don't last very long but they do the job. It's my own fault, should have joined SW when I got engaged :P
    Thanks for your reply and good luck with your big day
    Emma

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Make sure you're wearing the correct size before you buy anything! And by that, I mean measure yourself, rather than rely on a store sizing. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057596541

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Did the premarriage course last night. Booked the Avalon day course and they emailed to say we could do it online for the same price if we liked. Have a kiddo so said we'd try do it this weekend, have to say it was actually really good, we were probably more open with eachother than would have been in a group setting!

Ordered bridesmaid earrings this week & meeting with them today for spa treatments so meeting beforehand to have a look at shoes for them. That would be the BM's pretty much sorted I think. Asked a friend about where she got her BM boleros so said I could borrow them.

We were at a wedding last week & really liked her booklet so I'll be trying to replicate that a bit this week.

Anyone else that's thinking of selfie sticks, I got 1 to test from the euro shop for €3, it's perfect so will pick up some more!

Tell me more about doing the pre marriage course online, Im pulling my hair out here trying to find one thats accepted by the church but isnt too religious if you know what I mean!!

It's my hen party tomorrow!! I've no idea what has been planned for me. Feeling excited but also a little apprehensive right now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

My invites arrived the day before yesterday!
    They came out fab, although the company did resize my rsvps so all the invites are a uniform square now but that's ok I got over it fairly quickly.
    Just need to decide how to display them now, if I should just tie then with ribbon or make pocketfolds.... Oh the decisions!!

Ordered my bridesmaids dresses too, the two girls will be in dessy dresses that are similar in style, but the same colour. can't wait for them to come in so I can see them on them.

8 weeks to go and suddenly Im feeling completely disorganised!! Completely unlike me but have the feeling I have tons to do and not done yet!! AHAHHAH

Dovies wrote: »
    8 weeks to go and suddenly Im feeling completely disorganised!! Completely unlike me but have the feeling I have tons to do and not done yet!! AHAHHAH

Dovies im feeling a little bit the same. Feel like it's all going to come on top of me soon. I was 10 weeks on Friday :D

Dovies im feeling a little bit the same. Feel like it's all going to come on top of me soon. I was 10 weeks on Friday :D

10 weeks next Friday, and I'm absolutely losing it :pac:

God we are all so close together with our dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Dovies wrote: »

5.5 weeks for me and I went through that last week. Had a bit of a panic and I'm actually seriously organised. But felt like I had loads to do. Took the day off work and God heaps done

• Advertisement

Tell me more about doing the pre marriage course online, Im pulling my hair out here trying to find one thats accepted by the church but isnt too religious if you know what I mean!![/quote]

Definately check with priest whether it's ok for you to do the Avalon one, our priest was fine with it, wouldn't mention the online option with your priest! If you book the day course it works out cheaper than buying the online one, once you pay, you get a mail giving the option of doing it online. There's a his and hers workbook (which you don't submit to anyone) 3videos which take less than 2hours to watch, then a 10q multi choice quiz. Cert comes in the post, it's exactly the same as the day course one. The course wasn't very religious, more about communication, relationship skills. I'd recommend, took more from it than I thought I would!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Does anyone know anything about being a bride, I am useless!

If my ceremony is at 2.30, and only myself and my mother are getting makeup done what time should the mua arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

princess peach you should ask the MUA but mine said 40 minutes per face; mine definitely took longer tho. You need to factor in time to get dressed afterwards, get down to the ceremony room, and so on. My MUA came at 1230 to do three faces for a 3pm ceremony and we were tight for time, my dress was a very quick one to put on too. 12 would be latest I'd say.

Thanks, she said 10.30 which seemed super early for me! I'm not one for sitting still for long periods of time but I think I'll just have to suck it up for the day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

We are at the 3 months from today point now - the time is flying in! My hen is next month, so excited for that now!

Hope everyone's plans are coming along nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

What time have people/did people have their hair and makeup people arrive? I'm in the middle of booking both at the moment and they've asked what time we'd be getting ready, but I really haven't a notion!
    There's myself and two bridesmaids, the wedding is at 2pm and we'll be getting ready in that same hotel the ceremony is being held in... any ideas?

Thanks a mill :D

• Advertisement

It takes approximately 45 minutes per person, per "station" so to speak. There were 5 people at mine, and both MUA and hairdresser arrived at 9 and finished by 1, allowing me plenty of time to get dressed and ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

What time have people/did people have their hair and makeup people arrive? I'm in the middle of booking both at the moment and they've asked what time we'd be getting ready, but I really haven't a notion!
    There's myself and two bridesmaids, the wedding is at 2pm and we'll be getting ready in that same hotel the ceremony is being held in... any ideas?

Thanks a mill :D

My hairdresser is arriving at 9, the wedding is at 3 - but she'll have five of us to do. I think it's approx. 40 mins per person she's allowing. We have half hour appointments for make up - two of us in at 1, two at 1.30.
    Both the hair dresser and make up artist advised of the times so I just went along with that!

Yeah they should really tell you the time to be honest. Mine allow half an hour each for the bridesmaids and an hour for the bride. Wedding is at 3 to be ready by 2 so they will be at mine at 10. Gives us plenty of time to get breakfast etc.

Another strange question.

Where can I get a good looking hanger for the photo of my dress :p

I must say I am far from a bridezilla but I am surprised about some of the details I have begun to care about!!

Another strange question.

Where can I get a good looking hanger for the photo of my dress :p

I must say I am far from a bridezilla but I am surprised about some of the details I have begun to care about!!

Have a look on the likes of adverts. I got lovely ones done up for me and my bridesmaids, very reasonable.

This is the person that does them.
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-wedding/wedding-hangers/10178888

Not sure if that is what you are looking for?

• Advertisement

Just on the hangers, you can buy transfers from amazon for about a fiver and IKEA have nice flat wooden hangers. Havent mine done yet but cant imagine it could be too hard;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

6 weeks to go and I wish we had eloped. Bloody sick of weddings and the stress of it!!!😂

LadyE wrote: »
    6 weeks to go and I wish we had eloped. Bloody sick of weddings and the stress of it!!!😂

It'll be so worth it on the day, i promise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Have the HSE appointment today. It's starting to get very real. 4 months to go 🙈

8 weeks on Friday and I am SICK with nerves :o
    Dress fitting after they completely altered the straps and took about a foot off the bottom, so really anxious to get it on and see how it looks! Have to get the bridesmaid dresses done now after BM2 gets back from her holidays. Got the suits ordered last week. They. Are. DIVINE! Petrol blue with a matching waistcoat, cream shirt and gold tie. They look so dashing! :D

Sounds fab ShaSha!!

My alterations are starting on Saturday eek!! I tried it on when it came in a few weeks ago and it needs to be taken in a bit up around my shoulders etc. Hoping that is still the same and i haven't put on much since then. Ive had so much on i haven't really lost much since trying it on.

Suits sound fab sha sha I wanted blue suits but oh was having none of it :D

I was meant to be going for my first fitting tomorrow but bridal shop just cancelled. It's 6 weeks to go :o

I hear ya! I've 4 weeks to go and I feel like I have pre wedding blues, if there is such a thing. It's just problem after problem and the stress is building all the time. Feel like I'm just going to explode. I'm at the point where I just want to get it over with.

4 months here too!! Have gotten my diet back on track (dont really have much to loose but was starting to go the wrong direction, eek!), dress fittings start the end of this month :) Hotel emailed about our food tasting, cant wait!!

I hear ya! I've 4 weeks to go and I feel like I have pre wedding blues, if there is such a thing. It's just problem after problem and the stress is building all the time. Feel like I'm just going to explode. I'm at the point where I just want to get it over with.

Yep problem after problem. People are such dicks. I feel like cancelling the whole thing and telling people to just go away. I just don't know why people put such demands on the bride and groom. I feel like my bridesmaids are all useless..I can't rely on them for help on the big day. I've one good sister but she doesn't live in Ireland and the other three are crap. In fairness to sil the baby of the family she's nieve but I have to explain simple things like she will be getting ready with the girls in the morning and not leaving with the boys and getting ready with them like she originally assumed. It's just so so hard not to take everything personally.

• Advertisement

Yep problem after problem. People are such dicks. I feel like cancelling the whole thing and telling people to just go away. I just don't know why people put such demands on the bride and groom. I feel like my bridesmaids are all useless..I can't rely on them for help on the big day. I've one good sister but she doesn't live in Ireland and the other three are crap. In fairness to sil the baby of the family she's nieve but I have to explain simple things like she will be getting ready with the girls in the morning and not leaving with the boys and getting ready with them like she originally assumed. It's just so so hard not to take everything personally.

I've only 1 bridesmaid and she has done it a few times so she's grand. Just difficult to meet up sometimes as we are both busy with work, families etc.

I said to the groom that if I cry on the big day, it's most likely they'll be tears of joy that I will no longer have to plan a wedding!!! :pac:

That's gas stranger..think I'm in the same boat as you!!

Bridesmaids dresses are in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We are just under 3 weeks out now. Feels like a lifetime since I started this thread. I haven't sat still in weeks with wedding plans and other peoples weddings and christenings and just loads of stuff.

Im a really super organised person in general and started out super organised but the closer I got I had a few little panicky days when I thought I had nothing done and had loads to do. All ok now, dress collected on Thursday :)

Anyone else felt like they haven't even thought about getting ready for honeymoon yet ?

Looked at wedding rings today. I hadn't budgeted enough at all.

Does anyone else freak out when they see the cost of things? I'm trying not to but...

Looked at wedding rings today. I hadn't budgeted enough at all.

Does anyone else freak out when they see the cost of things? I'm trying not to but...

Ours were a collective €120 in Argos ;)
    They have some beautiful stuff in different price ranges. As it happened, I found the perfect ring - the only one that would fit around my engagement ring. I would probably have paid anything for it, but it was half price down to €60 :D

Ours were a collective €120 in Argos ;)
    They have some beautiful stuff in different price ranges. As it happened, I found the perfect ring - the only one that would fit around my engagement ring. I would probably have paid anything for it, but it was half price down to €60 :D
    I actually looked there and it was about half the price in the jewellers so just need to keep an eye on any sales.

Himself picked up our wedding rings. I think he spent far too much but as he said..the rings and each other are the only things we take from the day. He has a point.

So girls when will you all be ringing around the suppliers to make sure they are still coming? We paid deposits a good year and a half ago and haven't spoke to them since.

Himself picked up our wedding rings. I think he spent far too much but as he said..the rings and each other are the only things we take from the day. He has a point.

So girls when will you all be ringing around the suppliers to make sure they are still coming? We paid deposits a good year and a half ago and haven't spoke to them since.

We will be doing that now over the next week! It might be the pessimest in me but if disaster strikes and someone lets me down then I have a bit of time to find a replacement. All of my suppliers are home-town local and Id see them often enough doing groceries and whatnot so Im happy enough no one has done a runner with my deposit yet!

• Advertisement

Meeting with the hotel this afternoon - tie up everything meeting. Anyway wedding coordinator is no longer there - will meet the new one today! This makes number feckin 4!

Advertisement