Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle 2015 - entry transfers closed - do not request entries

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

jon1981 wrote: »
    Id imagine so with some of the descents on the route. You'd be coming down at speed with oncoming traffic otherwise.

Its more dangerous on the day of the cycle due to gel wrappers, water bottles, banana skins and other rubbish being littered on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    Its more dangerous on the day of the cycle due to gel wrappers, water bottles, banana skins and other rubbish being littered on the road.

Didn't see much litter last year, however I did set off about 30-45 mins before the crowd, maybe that's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Didn't see much litter last year, however I did set off about 30-45 mins before the crowd, maybe that's why.

The bottom of Molls Gap was littered with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

touts wrote: »
    The bottom of Molls Gap was littered with them.

And the whole way to the top too.

Pity that, plenty of places to discard rubbish... jersey pockets, cycle bags...bins!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Arrgh 'Sorry, an internal error had occured. Please reload the page.'

aquinn wrote: »
    Arrgh 'Sorry, an internal error had occured. Please reload the page.'

They did advertise 1pm as the time they came on sale, if they sell out before 1pm there'll be murder, perhaps they have paused the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

They did advertise 1pm as the time they came on sale, if they sell out before 1pm there'll be murder, perhaps they have paused the sale.

Well the website was up and some people already have tickets ... but I have been trying for 20 mins now and cant get in. Have had 'this web site is not available' when I get to the booking page, and a dreaded 'there are no time slots available for tickets'.

sigh. Hoping it just crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

I'm hoping it's something like that, but doubtful.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Am doubtful as now no tickets available as I had one and nearly another until site wiped out.

• Advertisement

Well the website was up and some people already have tickets ... but I have been trying for 20 mins now and cant get in. Have had 'this web site is not available' when I get to the booking page, and a dreaded 'there are no time slots available for tickets'.

sigh. Hoping it just crashed.

I got tickets by chance when i checked at 11am, but i'm hoping they won't f**k it up for people that are checking at 1pm like they advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Site seems to have crashed. ....could they be gone before sale time ? If they are they can fcuk right off

apparently only 750 were reserved for charity

http://www.vchw.com/ring-of-kerry-charity-cycle/
    All charities were allocated 750 places for cyclist this year. We are pleased to announce that we have filled this allocation. If you filled a form, submitted it and as yet have not received a confirmation email from the ROK committee, please email your details to Brendan O Connor brenvalhosp@gmail.com . All charities are full at this stage so only option is to apply on line when it opens - http://www.ringofkerrycycle.ie/. The expected date is the 7th April but may be sooner so check this from 1st April.

oh wait, is that 750 per each of the 9 charities?? that's 6.5k !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yes I'd assume 750 each.

i dont think thats 750 each. All the charities sold out early as well, and as far as I know the most any had was 200 or less each. Their allocation was quite small this year (based on the discussions around Kerry and people I know that got spaces with charities).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Id imagine so with some of the descents on the route. You'd be coming down at speed with oncoming traffic otherwise.

not all the climbs/descents are closed to traffic on the day of the ROK. the descent into caherdaniel for example is not.

mossym wrote: »
    not all the climbs/descents are closed to traffic on the day of the ROK. the descent into caherdaniel for example is not.

Yeah some, not all :)
    Id imagine so with some of the descents on the route

I registered with a charity over a week ago (when they all dropped their asking prices down to face value) and the cyclist number I got back in an e-mail from Eventmaster was well over 6000. If they went in sequence of registration that would support the idea of 750 per charity totaling 6750 tickets leaving 2750 for general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

The roads weren't closed to traffic when I did it three years ago, still had to avoid coaches on the way down from Moll's Gap! Has this changed in more recent years? Personally, I don't see the attraction at all. Too many people on the roads, most of whom have no idea how to cycle with others around them. I got crashed into, luckily enough I only ended up with a broken spoke and didn't fall off. You can do it any other day of the year in far less hazardous conditions. Also, I know it's a charity event but €85 is a ridiculous entry fee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Site is slow for me

By slow I now mean, not loading at all

• Advertisement

I registered with a charity over a week ago (when they all dropped their asking prices down to face value) and the cyclist number I got back in an e-mail from Eventmaster was well over 6000. If they went in sequence of registration that would support the idea of 750 per charity totaling 6750 tickets leaving 2750 for general sale.

right, mine was 8046 at 11am this morning, there'll be fk all left by 1pm so.

what was the price before they dropped to asking price?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

So they published that they would open at 1pm (still according to website), and then opened early if I am reading correctly?

Sweet, how to harvest the goodwill crop, not.

right, mine was 8046 at 11am this morning, there'll be fk all left by 1pm so.

what was the price before they dropped to asking price?

€200..... I kid you not. One asked our club for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 gunner0098

This is crazy!! Being trying since 11:30 and gotten nowhere on the site. P*ssed off to say the least.

"Bookings are temporary unavailable, please try again later"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dathaii

No looking good

rtmie wrote: »
    So they published that they would open at 1pm (still according to website), and then opened early if I am reading correctly?

Sweet, how to harvest the goodwill crop, not.

Never trust a Kerryman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I have been trying since 11.30am with no joy. My friend got a registration and we have hotel booked since last October. Can I put my name forward for a spare reservation if possible? This was to be my first time doing the ROK :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

ive been trying since 11.30 and nothing....not looking good
    tbh if they said it would be open at 1pm and they opened early then i dont know if i even want to part of it..charity or otherwise :mad:

• Advertisement

€200..... I kid you not. One asked our club for that.

This will definitely be my last year. The ticket management was a calamity.

"Eventmaster" :rolleyes:

Dathaii wrote: »

No looking good

Getting this message now to.
    My first time doing it, well if I get registered! Very disappointed to say the least.

clare82 wrote: »
    tbh if they said it would be open at 1pm and they opened early then i dont know if i even want to part of it..charity or otherwise :mad:

Kind of sums it up really....

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭efwren

I managed to get a ticket at 11, as did one of my brothers, however my third brother was trying since 11 couldn't get one.

We also have a hotel booked since Novermber, it will be our first time.

If anybody has any spare entries, please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭empty21

C System is currently busy and orders are being processed, please be patient and try again later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Same thing happened last year. The site crashed and the registration day had to be put back a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

I wonder when I hear of 'entry fee requirements' mentioned on here. I have never seen it printed on any documentation how much the 'minimum' requirement to give is, it justs seems to be this constant anecdotal evidence. I've done the ring for the last three years (last one for a charity and this year again for a charity) and I always give around €50-75 which is fair to cover the costs of food on the day and some money to the charity thereafter. I've never had anyone after tell me that what I give is "too little".

Update on the ROk facebook page:
    "Due to the high volume of people trying to register at the same time the booking system is running slow. We appreciate your patience."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

efwren wrote: »
    I managed to get a ticket at 11, as did one of my brothers, however my third brother was trying since 11 couldn't get one.

very bad form of ROK if this is true. was going to be our last year doing it anyway cos the costs are just going too high - 7 from the family were doing it looks like won't be now :(

I stupidly took them at their word

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

efwren wrote: »

We also have a hotel booked since Novermber, it will be our first time.

If anybody has any spare entries, please let me know!

As per my earlier post, I asked first! I hope that's ok. :)

• Advertisement

When they said Ring of Kerry, I didn't think they meant the booking process;

Click link
    Book Now
    Click link
    Book Now
    etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭willabur

Had a feeling they might go early in an attempt to spread out the load on their servers. Still bad form.
    I managed to get in by hitting f5 on phone and laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Anyone been successful with this? Still waiting here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

nothing - 4 computers all with nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

I've been trying to register since 11:30 am with no luck. I'm about to admin defeat to eventmaster.

Currently saying "System is currently busy and orders are being processed, please be patient and try again later". I think it means, come back again later and we will tell you that we are booked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone been successful with this? Still waiting here.

nope, and the main website appears to be going down periodically for me now as well - error say "too many connections".

Think myself and my friends may just do it the following weekend or even the weekend before at this rate.
    on a somewhat postive note - its nice to see such a demand for an event. you'd wonder should they think about running it more than once a year?

website saying this just now:
    Due to numbers the system is running slow. Registrations are being processed. There are places available. We would ask people to be patient and keep trying.

surely this is horse****? the tickets are well gone.

website saying this just now:

surely this is horse****? the tickets are well gone.

"Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

i think I've seen about 10 different error messages since i started at 11.30!

gunner0098 wrote: »
    Update on the ROk facebook page:
    "Due to the high volume of people trying to register at the same time the booking system is running slow. We appreciate your patience."

Further update on their Facebook page, as of 6 mins ago:
    "Due to numbers the system is running slow. Registrations are being processed. There are places available. We would ask people to be patient and keep trying."

They are answering questions to comments on their facebook page. One of those answers is:

"There was testing being done prior to 1pm, it was opened at 1pm, thank you, ROK Team"

If you think you registered at 11am this morning you should double check as it seems you may have been a test application rather than an actual application.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement