Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle 2015 - entry transfers closed - do not request entries

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I don't believe it, it's face saving having opened the booking service much earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

I'm gonna have to deduct my lunch hour from the entry fee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Feck this for a joke. Tour de brurren anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

They really should be using a site that can handle the load like ticketmaster. It's not like this didn't happen last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

If I remember correctly from last year registrations were still available at least a week and a half (could have been longer) after registrations opened. I would assume the same situation would apply this year.
    Now I just have to remember to try again tomorrow rather than remembering in two weeks. :o

The main ROK site is f**ked now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I wonder if the registrations taken before 1pm are still valid, saw this on Facebook...

5qW2fc.png

J o e wrote: »
    I wonder if the registrations taken before 1pm are still valid, saw this on Facebook...

5qW2fc.png

according to my credit card transaction it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭YeahOK

I hope I'm not this slow on the day.....

• Advertisement

No intention of restarting or voiding earlier tickets

6Nh7B5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

touts wrote: »
    They are answering questions to comments on their facebook page. One of those answers is:

"There was testing being done prior to 1pm, it was opened at 1pm, thank you, ROK Team"

If you think you registered at 11am this morning you should double check as it seems you may have been a test application rather than an actual application.....

I didn't pay €85 for a testing phase!

They keep insisting there's tickets:
    There is still plenty of space available, really sorry for the delays people are experiencing, this is something we will most defiantly fix for next year but for now we advice you keep trying, again except our apologies, thank you, Ring of Kerry Team

Maybe i'm being cynical...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

10924764_876996515656465_77461884782744426_n.jpg?oh=fe5e9a9a0ed6e80ab9f42b239291c717&oe=55E37786

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Mycroft H wrote: »
    10924764_876996515656465_77461884782744426_n.jpg?oh=fe5e9a9a0ed6e80ab9f42b239291c717&oe=55E37786

wouldnt worry about that message - i was getting that back at 12.30, i think its one of the deefaults. they are still updating the fb page to say spots available. ... spots i cant seem to get!!

Not convinced there tickets left, not one success report on the FB page over the last 2 hours by any poster, or here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ItsLikeThis

Wish it was always this difficult to part with money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

jon1981 wrote: »
    Not convinced there tickets left, not one success report on the FB page over the last 2 hours by any poster, or here.

that's because they are trying to do the IT equivalent of routing the M50 down a kerry bohereen. The server is gridlocked. That doesn't mean there are no tickets left.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    that's because they are trying to do the IT equivalent of routing the M50 down a kerry bohereen. The server is gridlocked. That doesn't mean there are no tickets left.

I would have thought eventmaster would be well able for that traffic... their a big enough crowd no?

update: obviously it can't...
    Our system has experienced unprecedented demand for entries to this years Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle and this has resulted in a slow down of the system to process registration applications.
    We are currently working our way through the issues, with registrations being processed in smaller batches .
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused for the organisers or participants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭willabur

in fairness it is a significant enough load.

Probably dealing with at least 100 concurrent users.

willabur wrote: »
    in fairness it is a significant enough load.

Probably dealing with at least 100 concurrent users.

I would expect them to handle that if dealing with events that can register upward of 8/9 thousand ppl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I am glad, I registered with a charity. For 15 extra Euro, I think, I've saved a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ItsLikeThis

From FB;
    Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle There are in the thousands still available but this is changing by the minute.
    Like · 1 · 2 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I camp in Fossa, its ideal and cheap :)

update
    Online registrations for the 2015 Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle are temporarily suspended. Due to the high volume of people continually refreshing their pages Eventmaster cannot get to the bottom of the technical issues.

We will update our website home page and facebook page this evening with information as to when the online registration will open again.

Once again we apologise for the inconvenience caused but wish to reassure everyone that there are still plenty of places available.

Thank you for your patience

The Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle Committee.

update

Roughly translated, they went with the cheap option for ticket sales.

Pretty poor display given the increase in price tickets this year, you would think the registration would have been bullet proof...it's not a mickey mouse event anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Suspended until tomorrow at the earliest....
    Online registrations for the 2015 Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle are temporarily suspended. Due to the high volume of people continually refreshing their pages Eventmaster cannot get to the bottom of the technical issues.
    We will update our website home page and facebook page at 6pm this evening with information as to when the online registration will open again. Please note that the system will NOT be open for registrations until tomorrow at the earliest.
    Once again we apologise for the inconvenience caused but wish to reassure everyone that there are still plenty of places available.
    The Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle Committee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Yip, got this error message on the eventmaster page:
    Online registrations temporarily suspended. Please go to www.ringofkerrycycle.ie for updates. Thank you for your patience.

They stated on FB just now that there a few thousand still left.

They stated on FB just now that there a few thousand still left.

I know a few people who were trying since before 12 and none of them got tickets.

Has anyone manged to get tickets?

• Advertisement

ronoc wrote: »
    I know a few people who were trying since before 12 and none of them got tickets.

Has anyone manged to get tickets?

yeah myself and a few others i know got them just after 11am. Then about 10 mins after that nobody could get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Westportif anyone? :D

From their facebook just now:
    "Online registrations for the 2015 Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle are temporarily suspended. Due to the high volume of people continually refreshing their pages Eventmaster cannot get to the bottom of the technical issues.

We will update our website home page and facebook page at 6pm this evening with information as to when the online registration will open again. Please note that the system will NOT be open for registrations until tomorrow at the earliest.

The Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle Committee."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

They have now said on Facebook that a "statement" will be issued on Thursday on when registration will reopen. Shambles. Someone in eventmaster is getting their ass kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Every year without fail this is my favourite thread....anyone got anything positive to say....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Every year without fail this is my favourite thread....anyone got anything positive to say....

I booked my accommodation, for this year, a week after last year's edition. I got it for 30 Euro per person per night for B + B., half a K from start/finish.
    I registered two weeks ago with one of the charities.
    I feel really positive (and self satisfied) about this year's event.
    In fact, I'm delighted with myself.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I booked my accommodation, for this year, a week after last year's edition. I got it for 30 Euro per person per night for B + B., half a K from start/finish.
    I registered two weeks ago with one of the charities.
    I feel really positive (and self satisfied) about this year's event.
    In fact, I'm delighted with myself.
    that's the spirit......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Same here, the only way to go.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

well done to ye for positivity except I just couldn't afford the charity direct route and usually drive up and down same day to keep our costs down. hope to still get in when it opens again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

yeah myself and a few others i know got them just after 11am. Then about 10 mins after that nobody could get them.

Thought booking opened at 13.00?
    You sure they're "real" tickets?

For anybody who misses out on ROK the rebel tour in cork is a much better day out...a little tougher but the scenery is breathtaking ...

Well I went late on the charity route but got missed of the end of their list, and couldn't connect today. But not negative. I am sure July 4th will be a beautiful day and I will be out on my bike. Whether that's on RoK or roads around home is only question, but I'll enjoy either way (as I am sure RoKers will)!!

Thought booking opened at 13.00?
    You sure they're "real" tickets?

Yep !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

on ROK the rebel tour in cork ...

and sure half that is in kerry anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭longfellow deeds

For anybody who misses out on ROK the rebel tour in cork is a much better day out...a little tougher but the scenery is breathtaking ...

ya, but that's a real sportive !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The 160 is not for the average cyclist but the 85 is very do-able and the scenery is breath taking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I got my ticket around half eleven or so after a random refresh - no hassle then. Didn't check later in the day, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear that the site went on its ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

9 Charities getting 750 entries at min each -> 6,750. According to RadioKerry right here, a cap of 11,000 has been set.
    I would believe them when they say thousands entries still available.

I bought my jersey this morning at 9:30. Never bought the jersey lastyear as never took to it, but it truly is lovely this year :)

Re: accommodation in Killarney. Rooms will become available. I've told everyone who phoned me at work looking for rooms to just wait until after registration. With us cyclists reserve rooms year in & year out. If they cannot secure registration for the ROK, they free their rooms for those who can register and then re-book with us another w/end. Lovely thought in my eyes :)
    ^^ If you're looking for accommodation in Killarney for this w/end, keep trying. Not everywhere is full; not everywhere will be full in a months time; wait until after registration & try again.

Love getting the phonecalls from the newbies and hearing the slight quiver in the voice when I ask about the training. I still remember my 1st ROK; the tension, the nerves, the excitement, my LateLoving Dad telling me he was on the edge of his seat waiting on a call to 'Come Collect Me!' which never happened! Wonderful Memories.

I'd like to see some way for all novice; newbie cyclists the ability to register for this. Simply Amazing Days' Cycle. From Start -> Finish, Simply Wonderful Memories with me anyways the past 2-years I've cycled this.
    I think some way for new cyclists who want to register for this to be able to do so would be nice & to experience this at least once in their lives while they can. Maybe a better mind than mine can find some way if this would be possible for people.

Just my ramblings at this wee hour,
    Good Luck to all looking to Register,
    A Wonderful Days Cycle!
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Yep !

b*****d!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

The 160 is not for the average cyclist but the 85 is very do-able and the scenery is breath taking.

Is there an 85k option on the ROK? Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement