Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle 2015 - entry transfers closed - do not request entries

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Meself

As few other have said, just keep trying folks. Its painfully slow. Ive just registered after constantly hitting the f5 refresh button ! when you get in click on the date.

Good luck to you all. Its a bloody joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I have literally just got one, I've been at it since 9 am but it eventually worked.... Phew!
    They still need to streamline the process given the popularity of the event now.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ItsLikeThis

I just got 2 booked, keep at it guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

Can you only book one ticket a time or was that an error on my computer? Luckily I only need 2 so just gotta sit hitting F5 for another few mins until I get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Just got two booked in.....on two seperate occasions.

It seems to me to be €85+15 = €100

Ticket No. 1 booked 10:45am

Ticket No. 2 booked 11:01am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

Got my second, that's me done. Good luck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

James 007 wrote: »
    Just got two booked in.....on two seperate occasions.

It seems to me to be €85+15 = €100

Ticket No. 1 booked 10:45am

Ticket No. 2 booked 11:01am

I think the €15 is an optional extra donation you can make when booking your ticket. :confused:

The options given are a bit confusing to be honest.

Anyway just keep hitting F5 on http://em.eventmaster.ie:8080/client/order_step1.html?eventId=632 and you should be able to get in soon now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just picked up one for the brother.

Keep refreshing that 8080 link above I got in in the third or forth attempt.

Only seems to be an option to buy 1 ticket and no more so maybe they're nearing the limit.

Loads if charity donation options for those that are willing to pay more but ignore if not interested.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ItsLikeThis

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I think the €15 is an optional extra donation you can make when booking your ticket. :confused:

The options given are a bit confusing to be honest.

It was a bit confusing, if I remember correctly, it was defaulted to 500eu last year and you had to change it back to the min donation of 70 or whatever you wanted to donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Got booked in by a friend lets hope they sort this out for next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

From a local source, roughly 7,000 booked in already. This includes going direct by charities etc. Probably be booked out in the next 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

We got sorted with two tickets in separate transactions. Crappy way to spend Saturday morning but at least it's done now.

Judging by the Facebook page everyone seems to be getting sorted slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

Ring of Kerry organising committee has to take much of the blame for this fiasco. Trying to create hype by announcing registration day and time months in advance and then being totally unprepared.

They knew after Tuesdays shambles that Eventmaster was not up to the job. They should have reassessed at that stage and hired a company such as Ticketmaster that could do it or made damn sure that eventmaster had improved their service and would function before they announced new registration date.
    They did neither. A lot of time wasted for a lot of people because of their incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

So after ages hours of pressing F5 I finally got past the "system is currently busy" message to find....

344843.png

That's it so then.

No issue with RoK, they're charity volunteers, just hope eventmaster were providing pro-bono service to them, if not.....

rtmie wrote: »
    So after ages hours of pressing F5 I finally got past the "system is currently busy" message to find....

344843.png

That's it so then.

No issue with RoK, they're charity volunteers, just hope eventmaster were providing pro-bono service to them, if not.....

I've seen a few people get that no bookings page and others getting a place afterwards. I'd say there are still places available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

My buddy finally got a booking minutes ago so keep trying.:)

Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle
    36 mins ·
    Official Statement issued at 12.45 Saturday 11th April
    There has been a huge number of registrations processed in the past 2 hours. The site is working and registrations are still being processed but we cannot guarantee there will be any places left in the next hour so would encourage you to keep trying now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I think its sold out now. Just got this message
    All bookings for Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle event are sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I booked my accommodation, for this year, a week after last year's edition. I got it for 30 Euro per person per night for B + B., half a K from start/finish.
    I registered two weeks ago with one of the charities.
    I feel really positive (and self satisfied) about this year's event.
    In fact, I'm delighted with myself.

I'm feeling quite smug now.
    And sorry for those, who have had difficulties with their entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 neilcmcg

spent the morning trying to register and couldn't - now appears to be sold out

Great craic last year and would love to do it again

If anyone has a spare registration please pm me - will donate to charity of choice

thanks

Yep that's all she wrote they just released a statement all places have been filled with possibly a few being released through cancellation.

Loads of unhappy people I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Have been ken to use this word in a thread for months.. And this seems the ideal time to use it....

GUBU

(For all you over 40's cyclists to ponder!)

A victim of it's own success?

Me an three others missed out on a ticket, ah well, Westsportif beckons :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭gambeta_fc

Is that a B&B you've used before? Any chance you'd be ok sending a PM with details if it's somewhere you'd recommend? It's a bit early yet but I'd like to do the same as you and book well in advance for 2016.

Was hoping to do it this year, had accommodation booked and actually had the registration spots in the basket this morning but backed off when I added up I'd be committing to over €700 for two of us to do it including travel, accommodation and general spending money. Just too much money and the hotel was the biggest cost, I'd prefer to go B&B for next year and give more to the charities.

Best of luck to all who signed up, hope you have a great day!

gambeta_fc wrote: »
    Is that a B&B you've used before? Any chance you'd be ok sending a PM with details if it's somewhere you'd recommend? It's a bit early yet but I'd like to do the same as you and book well in advance for 2016.

Was hoping to do it this year, had accommodation booked and actually had the registration spots in the basket this morning but backed off when I added up I'd be committing to over €700 for two of us to do it including travel, accommodation and general spending money. Just too much money and the hotel was the biggest cost, I'd prefer to go B&B for next year and give more to the charities.

Best of luck to all who signed up, hope you have a great day!

Camping pitches are quite reasonable if you have a tent

hardCopy wrote: »

Any sites you'd recommend?

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Any sites you'd recommend?

I haven't been before so can't really recommend anything. I got reasonable prices from Fletcher's and Flesk campsites.

They don't do online booking though so it's all phone or email to book.

No doubt Enda and his cronies will be sorted, I can't imagine he was reloading the event master page for hours!! A slap in the face for many disappointed cyclists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Joke of a system. Stayed up after doing a 13 hour night shift only for the same ****e as Tuesday again.

Nil aon ticead agum :(

I haven't been before so can't really recommend anything. I got reasonable prices from Fletcher's and Flesk campsites.

They don't do online booking though so it's all phone or email to book.

Flesk looks very good might book a pitch down there and make a weekend of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭saccades

That was a disaster - finally got a place at 10.45, kids didn't get to go to GAA this morning.

That was obviously way out of eventmasters league - I'm all for using localish businesses and the cheap option but it needs to work. Will need to get a new way to do it all to stagger it or something (unless eventmaster gets a bigger&better server capability).

I bet loads gave up, but then again it's sold out (I think, maybe not the uber daft 200 quid places) in a day.

first time and last time for me - a tick on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

The Ring of Kerry is there to be cycled 365 day/year!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Yarisbob

At least Peugeot will be represented Eamonn - I unfortunately didnt get going.. At least I have the Ride London 100 to look forward to...!

Oh yes and the "Real Ring Of Kerry" Vintage Cycle in September. Brendan and Ger hard at organising that one.... :D

Cant do them all !!

The Ring of Kerry is there to be cycled 365 day/year!!!!!

Well stone the crows.

There was I thinking that they packed it away in a handy hold all on the evening of the 5th.

Everydays a school day. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

There are a lot of very disappointed people who will have booked accommodation but have now failed to get a slot on the day. Can I suggest that anyone with accommodation that they wont now use post details here and arrange for someone else to get it rather than just cancel with the hotel/b&b. If you cancel it the hotel will just load another €50-€100 per night on the next cyclist who books it.

Their Facebook is full of irate people.

Kind of annoyed I wasted so much time trying to get a ticket on both days and came away empty handed but there loads of good sportives out there that don't charge as much.

Ah well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No doubt Enda and his cronies will be sorted, I can't imagine he was reloading the event master page for hours!! A slap in the face for many disappointed cyclists.

Maybe he registered with a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Yeah, twas a spring morning wasted for me as well, would have preferred to be out on the bike cycling instead of hitting the refresh key on my browser for four hours (when the website was actually available).

There are volumes of 'Kerry Man' joke books, I think the registration process for the 2015 event will only add another couple of editions, the joke however is on us I'm afraid . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Doc07

I wasn't planning on it this year, will probably do it some year. For those disappointed I would strongly recommend Tour de Burren on Saturday 20th June. More 'intimate' with only 2000, the 160route is just as challenging as the ROK and it has fantastic marshalling and Garda support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭letape

Not a fan of Enda myself - but I think it's great that he has participated in this event for years and absolutely should be welcomed with open arms. His participation has served to promote the event (benefitting it's charities) and cycling as a mainstream leisure activity.

It amazes me year after year how people don't register on time for this event - and now it's all Enda's fault!

Doc07 wrote: »
    I wasn't planning on it this year, will probably do it some year. For those disappointed I would strongly recommend Tour de Burren on Saturday 20th June. More 'intimate' with only 2000, the 160route is just as challenging as the ROK and it has fantastic marshalling and Garda support.

I'm doing this one myself I've heard good things and looking forward to it. I'm not sure on which distance 96 or 160.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

letape wrote: »
    Not a fan of Enda myself - but I think it's great that he has participated in this event for years and absolutely should be welcomed with open arms. His participation has served to promote the event (benefitting it's charities) and cycling as a mainstream leisure activity.

It amazes me year after year how people don't register on time for this event - and now it's all Enda's fault!

plus provide a decent wad of overtime to the couple of siochaloni he has for company. agree with you though. would people prefer no TD ever displayed any interest in cycling in ireland?

i guess we can now look forward to endless new threads, most started by people with no previous posts on boards, all looking for entries.

I'm doing this one myself I've heard good things and looking forward to it. I'm not sure on which distance 96 or 160.

?? There is only one distance/route. Advertised as 180 Kms but it's 170 Kms.

?? There is only one distance/route. Advertised as 180 Kms but it's 170 Kms.

I was referring to the Tour de Burren :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of potentially defamatory posts and follow-ups removed

Please keep to the topic

Any questions, drop me a PM

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

letape wrote: »
    Well this year there was a two hour window to apply - on a website that was mostly inaccessible. IIRC last year the places didn't sell out for a week or longer after registration opened (I'm open to correction on this).

While it's not Enda's fault it's also not the fault of those trying to enter and clearly not an ideal situation for all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

saccades wrote: »
    That was a disaster - finally got a place at 10.45, kids didn't get to go to GAA this morning.

That was obviously way out of eventmasters league - I'm all for using localish businesses and the cheap option but it needs to work. Will need to get a new way to do it all to stagger it or something (unless eventmaster gets a bigger&better server capability).

I bet loads gave up, but then again it's sold out (I think, maybe not the uber daft 200 quid places) in a day.

first time and last time for me - a tick on the list.

You say that now but just you wait. Seriously it's like an addiction of sorts. This hunger inside me has me registered for my 3rd Ring Of Kerry 180km Charity Cycle. My own, new Personal 3-in-a-row :)
    You could very well end up inside this ROK2016 thread yet saying "okay, okay, maybe just 1 more ROK Cycle for me! :D

Seriously Hope you Enjoy it! Wonderful Day on a Bike imo.
    I was referring to the Tour de Burren :)

I am going to Thank all 7-posters here who referred to the Tour de Burren in this very thread.
    Initially the date, the very day before Fathers Day this year so I registered this evening for the 96km Heart of Burren Cycle for the 1st time that I'll cycle in Memory of my Late Loving Dad this year.
    Secondly, This FAQ. They have an FAQ dedicated to Cheesecake being provided. That was me sold right there :) Accommodation also booked for the Burren so will use that cycle to get the milleage into my legs. I have the fitness and stamina right now, just need to up the milleage in my legs.

Best of Luck to all in the Ring Of Kerry 2015. Hopefully alot of new cyclists were able to register to experience this.

Thanks Again,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

A lottery system is probably the fairest at this stage given the interest levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I was trying to reg for my 4th ROK cycle but failed . I told my neighbour and she said " oh I've reg to do it for local hospice and can't do it . two phone calls and now I'm officially in training!!!!
    Yachi DDA to that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭saccades

A tick on the list for me
    kerry4sam wrote: »
    You say that now but just you wait. Seriously it's like an addiction of sorts. This hunger inside me has me registered for my 3rd Ring Of Kerry 180km Charity Cycle. My own, new Personal 3-in-a-row :)
    You could very well end up inside this ROK2016 thread yet saying "okay, okay, maybe just 1 more ROK Cycle for me! :D

Seriously Hope you Enjoy it! Wonderful Day on a Bike imo.

I doubt it - too far to get to and too expensive to do on a regular basis. I enjoy entering the W200 as it gives me motivation to get out early in the year and push on and is v local.

Next years plan is malin/mizen and at some point I want to do the giants causeway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

I'm very disappointed in the registration process.
    Living down here in Kerry I did want to cycle the even again this year.

I've got a few concerns that I want to specifically mention:-
    1. Some "charities" seem to be abusing the process with requirements of 200 euro entry payments. I'm loosing confidence with a lot of the so called "charities" in this country especially following the behaviors of what I saw in the ReHAB debacle. IMHO it's now time for charities to raise money for themselves and their beneficiaries rather that seemingly entrapping persons who wish to partake in a sportive to pay what basically is a weeks living for some people. There seems to be the use of the old Irish cultural trick of guilting a rider into donating to their causes.
    2. The registration process didn't work for me. I kept trying and trying in the morning with repeatedly no attempt to get to the actual registry detail entry page. Tried again in the afternoon. Still wasn't working. Then saw that it had closed out. This is beyond amateurish. It's really very poor performance and even a postal entry or some other method could have been facilitated.

I did have a good experience cycling in the Ring of Kerry 2011 but I'm afraid with what I'm seeing I will be reluctant to participate in the future.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement