Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed (or lack of)

Options
  • 03-01-2015 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi, is it just me or is anyone else having serious problems with broadband speed in dublin (north dub - not exactly remote). We have, and are paying fot fast broadband through efibre, yet the speeds tonight, and at least 3 or 4 times daily struggle to get above 1mb.

I cant post a screenshot of the speed but my download speed is 1.52 mbps, and 1.32 mbps upload. This is a fairly regular occurence, for the past 2 hours the speed wont get above 2mbps, and then decides to drop completely.

we have a receiver beside the box and upstairs (TP-LINK) sent out by eircom to try and improve speeds throughout the building. Weve checked that this isn't the problem - the speed is still pathetically low without them being involved.

we constantly keep being fobbee off with the usual excuse "congestion at the exchange". Does anyone else experience this and can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ElizKenny

Kh1993 wrote: »
    Hi, is it just me or is anyone else having serious problems with broadband speed in dublin (north dub - not exactly remote). We have, and are paying fot fast broadband through efibre, yet the speeds tonight, and at least 3 or 4 times daily struggle to get above 1mb.

I cant post a screenshot of the speed  but my download speed is 1.52 mbps, and 1.32 mbps upload. This is a fairly regular occurence, for the past 2 hours the speed wont get above 2mbps, and then decides to drop completely.

we have a receiver beside the box and upstairs (TP-LINK) sent out by eircom to try and improve speeds throughout the building. Weve checked that this isn't the problem - the speed is still pathetically low without them being involved.

we constantly keep being fobbee off with the usual excuse "congestion at the exchange". Does anyone else experience this and can anyone help?
    Yes, we are.
    Awful pings and different results depending on what speedtest site you use.
    I guess it depends on the routing.
    Eircom are also known to throttle youtube on eFibre.

Try this speed test site

testmy.net
    Dont use any of the regular ones becasue Eircom will always give you priority to those speedtests and they will report you as having an excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kh1993 wrote: »

I cant post a screenshot of the speed  but my download speed is 1.52 mbps, and 1.32 mbps upload. This is a fairly regular occurence, for the past 2 hours the speed wont get above 2mbps, and then decides to drop completely.

Hi Kh1993

Feel free to PM me your landl line number and I'll check for possible issues on your line and service.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement