Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does motorcheck.ie tell you how many times a car has been serviced?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    I would say that most of the Mileage Records held by Cartell, etc are simply compiled by using the mileage entered by people when a Car check is requested.
    The customer will enter the mileage shown on the Car at the present time and this is logged by Cartell.
    Apart from this they usually tell you there is a discrepancy/issue with a car's mileage when it over/under their idea of average annual mileage for a particular model.
    I've asked several of the Car Sales Guys that I used to work with and none of their Garages have ever given mileage data to any Car Check Companies. Although the mileage would be entered into their system at the time of servicing, they don't think that the Importers/Distributors share this info either.
    They reckon that any 'Dealer input' is simply what mileage a Dealer enters when they themselves are doing a check.
    I'm open to correction on this, but i don't think that the 'National Mileage Register' referred to by Cartell, etc is as sophisticated as it sounds.
    Pretty sure any garages using the likes of Kerridge would be sharing this data.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As I said Colm I am open to correction here.:o
    I only spoke to Sales Guys so it could well be that if mileage data is given automatically to Cartell they might not be aware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Pretty sure any garages using the likes of Kerridge would be sharing this data.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. Insert wink smiley here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Motorcheck only tells you if a car has finance owing,is/was stolen etc, its not a service record, Thats what the service record handbook is designed for.

None of the motor check services in this country can tell you if the car is stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

Finally decided that I'm just not comfortable with the car. In my haste i put a €300 deposit down last week which as you can imagine i am seriously regretting. What are my odds of getting this back?... be brutal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I would be very surprised if you didn't get it back tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

I would be very surprised if you didn't get it back tbh.

I hope so, it was never advertised with a full service history... I just presumed that main dealers wouldn't sell a car without a verified history. Genuine oversight and literally the only reason I'm not going through with it.

Advertisement