Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6 - water damage

• 04-01-2015 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

My iPhone 6 fell into water the other week. The phone and touch screen works but the screen is black. I took it into a repair shop and they looked at it for an hour and couldn't fix it. I'll try another shop next week.

If it can't be fixed how much would I get for it on donedeal?

The phone wasn't insured.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Apple do out of warranty repair (read replacement) for water damage, it cost €297.30 for the iPhone 6 though...
    http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=iphone
    Certain damage is ineligible for out-of-warranty service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. However, an iPhone that has failed due to contact with liquid may be eligible for out-of-warranty service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I dropped my Moto G in the sink, it was fine for a bit and then went totally dead, left it in a container full of rice in the hotpress and it somehow got fixed.

Probably a bit too late for that now though for yourself?

Contact Apple, they're usually very understanding about these things, probably expect to pay ~€200+ though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

If like the OP has stated a repair shop has looked at it and couldn't repair it then it was opened and Apple won't touch it as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If like the OP has stated a repair shop has looked at it and couldn't repair it then it was opened and Apple won't touch it as a result.

Of course they will. Opening it voids the warranty, the service you're getting is out of warranty service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

guil wrote: »
    Of course they will. Opening it voids the warranty, the service you're getting is out of warranty service.

Even though the warranty is void, had any of the inner pieces been touched it won't be handled by Apple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Even though the warranty is void, had any of the inner pieces been touched it won't be handled by Apple

It's clear from other posts here that Apple don't always check phones they get back for service.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

I work for Apple, they will still do an out of warranty repair for the price above. They won't cover warranty repairs if it was opened by an unauthorised repair centre, but that doesn't matter with out of warranty repairs. Even if the phone was cut in two they would take it back with the out of warranty service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Thanks for the replies lads. I'm gonna take it into Max Fun in The Square Tallaght tomorrow, anyone have dealing with these?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I live in Carlow so definitely no experience here!:pac:

Wishing ya luck getting it working tho! :)

Advertisement