Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alarm Clocks

• 04-01-2015 1:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭

Did you ever get into bed on a night before a day off forgetting to switch off the alarm that you had set for the week?

This happened to me throughout the Christmas holidays. I deactivated the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday alarms but somehow forgot to do the Thursday and Friday alarms. So Xmas morning and St. Stephen's day morning my alarms went off and then again this week. Days off and my alarm went off. My phone has a function - flip the phone to snooze. Just kept flipping until I woke even though I thought I pressed dismiss on the alarms but the sleepy head on me probably didn't and the alarm kept going on and off.

Did anybody else ever

Comments

Had to get up once to retrieve the alarm clock from next doors garden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

I eat clocks.
    At last a relevant thread!
    Wait a minute...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

What happened there? Did your neighbours chuck their alarm clock in their garden or did you drop your phone in their garden?

What happened there? Did your neighbours chuck their alarm clock in their garden or did you drop your phone in their garden?
    I woke up one morning in a fowl mood (bad chicken curry the night before) bloody thing went off and I opened the window and chucked out!

Into next doors garden :o

PS: it was a real alarm clock in the days before mobile phones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

The snooze button has got to be high on any list of humankind's most useless inventions. Up there with the snake leash. https://www.google.co.in/patents/US6490999

• Advertisement

You won't press the snooze on this one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

It's 2015 and people are still using alarm clocks?

I get my butler to shake me until i arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Was this some preliminary exam to be a Home Appliance mod before you moved on to microwave and Hoover recovery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I had three going off every morning for a couple of mornings, I don't even want to explain :(

The Peanut wrote: »
    Was this some preliminary exam to be a Home Appliance mod before you moved on to microwave and Hoover recovery?
    These days I retrieve my kids stuff from the garden, Today I found a long lost copy of an Xbox game that was getting the better of No1 son last summer at the bottom of the garden while harvesting willow!

• Advertisement

pharmaton wrote: »
    I had three going off every morning for a couple of mornings, I don't even want to explain :(

Was this during your Christmas holidays?

I woke up one morning in a fowl mood (bad chicken curry the night before) bloody thing went off and I opened the window and chucked out!

Into next doors garden :o

PS: it was a real alarm clock in the days before mobile phones.

That's so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Was this during your Christmas holidays?

yeah, I was in on Monday and Tuesday of each week though, so I never turned the alarm off and then I got an alarm clock as a present for Christmas. The third alarm was on an old phone which I had reset a couple of weeks previously as my own phone was in for repair, when I got it back I forgot to disarm it, despite the phone itself being turned off. At one stage I was being woken by light, followed by the sound of birds tweeting just as my first phone kicked in, and by the time it had reached its third snooze, the old phone would start off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Advertisement