Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January 2016 Look Back

• 04-01-2015 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

What is one thing - just one - that you would like to post on this thread and look back here in a year's time and say "I wanted to do it, I did it, and I'm really happy I did it. Fair play to me."

For me, completing all the courses in a master's degree that I am doing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I wish i could get to ****in sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I just tipped the scales at 16st 4lb standing 5' 10'' in bare feet so I'd love to lose 2-3 stone and keep it off. Expecting a decent paycheck in the next few weeks so might look into buying a hybrid bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

I'd like to be able to look back and see that I found a job in 2015 that I liked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I graduate in June (or July..not sure actually). I'd love, this time next year, to have found a job, and hopefully still be living where I want to.

Doesn't look likely though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Be more confident in myself (said every woman ever)

Acquired more knowledge.

Helped my daughter improve her speech.

Got that First Class Honours.

Saved some féckin' money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'd like to look back and see there are no threads bemoaning how bad boards has gotten lately by posters who regged in 2016..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Get the summer internship to get some experience in my field before doing my final year in college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I just tipped the scales at 16st 4lb standing 5' 10'' in bare feet so I'd love to lose 2-3 stone and keep it off. Expecting a decent paycheck in the next few weeks so might look into buying a hybrid bike.

Get a road bike instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Would like to have lost three stone and learned some Italian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Lovely thread. Hope ^^^ all your plans happen as you all like :)
    Asarlai wrote: »
    What is one thing - just one - that you would like to post on this thread and look back here in a year's time and say "I wanted to do it, I did it, and I'm really happy I did it. Fair play to me."

For me, completing all the courses in a master's degree that I am doing.

For me:
    ~ My family & friends are happy, healthy and relationships are close
    ~ Hoping to start either my H.Dip or Masters this year; thinking part-time over 2-years to keep the pressure down somewhat; and in Jan 2016 I'll be happy in my studies and one further step closer to completion.

They would be some of what I'd like and would have a huge part in ensuring they succeed also.

That's what I'm thinking right now,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

My big achievement this year will be to take a photo of a puffin!

Simples

My big achievement lat year was to visit Ballymaloe house,

I sound like a pretentious git, but they are goals I made, I lost 3 stone last year, the hard work and effort is in my brain, I will continue to be healthy and get fitter, but the puffin thing has been on my to do list too many years and is achieveable,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Learn Spanish and go travelling to South America. Just can't decide whether to quit my soulless job or be 'sensible' and take sabbatical.

I want to be more decisive this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Get a road bike instead.

Being overweight for so long has left me with back problems. I tried a road bike around the car park of a bike shop and I couldn't lean that far forward comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Give up the smoking (says everyone who still smokes).

Be in my completed workshop and have a good business plan worked out.

See my eldest start college in the course of his choice.

See my youngest continue to get on well in school and learn more social skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

PLL wrote: »
    Be more confident in myself (said every woman ever)

Acquired more knowledge.

Helped my daughter improve her speech.

Got that First Class Honours.

Saved some féckin' money.

One thing?

We all know ye can multitask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Lose 2 stone.

Above all else, this would really help with health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Get my feckin back garden straightened out especially one flower bed that needs replanting. If I do and assuming I'm not perma banned or just leave I'll post a pic to prove it. Otherwise I'll slink quietly away from this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Get a better job with better pay, so that I can finally move out of the hellhole I live in.

I applied for a night course yesterday, so I'd really like that to lead somewhere this year. Just need to work on my own self confidence, as this seems to be the single biggest barrier for me getting out of the situation I'm in. Spent too long just getting by - I'd finally like to live a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I actually did something like this a while back. When I was working full time and doing college full time I was feeling a bit down. I had no love life, no social life really. Plus I was exhausted. So I went to futureMe and wrote myself a few emails. Every so often I get them and they're designed to act as a pick me up.

Ok, sometimes they're a bit annoying especially if it's designed to motivate me. I don't like platitudes and apparently I'm even worse at giving them. But one arrived on new years day reminding myself of what my life was like 9 months ago and how much it will have changed. I'd completely forgot I wrote it.
    Crazy thing is that the letter was right and I felt a lot better about what I'd achieved in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Learn Spanish and be in my final year of college. Financially secure, ready to quit my job and in 6 months time be out of here in July 2016 to pastures new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Last year I wanted to buy a house, preferably the one I'd managed to fall in love without ever even seeing the inside of. Got the keys at the end of August and it's infinitely better than I could have imagined.

This year I am determined to learn to drive.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

iguana wrote: »
    This year I am determined to learn to drive.

I was trying for five years but not really getting anywhere with it, bought an automatic and within weeks I was flying it. Love driving now and plan to sit my test in a month or two.
    Shrap wrote: »

Consider switching to ecigarettes - I'm two years off the analogues now and I used to love my cigs. Actually prefer the e-cig now.

For me passing my driving test and buying a house would make 2015 a good year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Beat anxiety for good. You'd never know it easily from talking to me, as I come across as a happy kinda guy with I think a decent sense of humour, but inside I suffer pretty bad with anxiety and have done for years. There are a lot of things I'd like to accomplish but getting a grip on my anxiety so that it no longer controls me would be my greatest achievement of the year and possibly of my life. I'm trying 8 weeks of mindfulness meditation at the minute and feeling positive about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Maybe perhaps find a girlfriend.Earn a red belt in hapkido.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

roro1990 wrote: »
    Beat anxiety for good. I'm trying 8 weeks of mindfulness meditation at the minute and feeling positive about it.

Good for you. Go for it.

Run a Marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Visit south america. That is the last of the main continents ticked off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

/QUOTE]

This.

The usual several failed attempts, the e-cigs don't do it for me either. It's not even funny anymore, I need to do it for my family. I have absolutely zero willpower, but have to find a way.

/QUOTE]

This.

The usual several failed attempts, the e-cigs don't do it for me either. It's not even funny anymore, I need to do it for my family. I have absolutely zero willpower, but have to find a way.

Arrah, you don't need willpower at all. All that talk about willpower is just a cod. You just need to grit your teeth and force yourself to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Get laid. Seriously, that is my goal this year... Whether it's a one night thing, or ends up in a relationship, i'm not too bothered, just as long as i can end this drought.

Get laid. Seriously, that is my goal this year... Whether it's a one night thing, or ends up in a relationship, i'm not too bothered, just as long as i can end this drought.

So, you're giving up on the potential monke thing then?

Advertisement