Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question: Video on Demand

• 04-01-2015 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend sites for Francophone VOD content, with facility to either rent or buy films or documentaries for download? I'm not interested in pirated content, just a good mainstream 'video shop' with a decent French catalog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

Replying to my own thread, in case it may help someone.
    There are, of course, French movies to be had on Netflix, and certain of these are more recent than those found on the French Netflix.
    If you have a good internet connection, it is also worth looking at Vodkaster. They have an unusual model, whereby you buy a used DVD, which they store for you and stream it to you on demand. You can then sell on the DVD for someone else to stream. The selection is huge, and it changes all the time. Only downside is that they can only stream at full quality (unlike Netflix), hence the need for decent broadband.
    Hope someone else finds this useful :-)
    Can anyone recommend sites for Francophone VOD content, with facility to either rent or buy films or documentaries for download? I'm not interested in pirated content, just a good mainstream 'video shop' with a decent French catalog.

Advertisement