Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm help

Options
  • 04-01-2015 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have got great alarm advice on here before, thank you. This time it's my GSM dialler I think you call it, it does not send text msgs anymore, or when I text it it does not reply, and I have checked its in credit as its pay as you go and is active, when I try and send texts from the keypad it says 'line busy, try again later' .

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would try power down the panel totally and power up again. Leave it powered down for at least a minute.
    Allow a few minutes after you power back up for the sim to initialize.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would try power down the panel totally and power up again. Leave it powered down for at least a minute.

I will try that, thanks, just find the trip switch and turn it off? Or have I to open the panel to stop the battery cutting in?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to disconnect the battery also.
    If it is an issue with the SIM it needs a fresh power up to initialize .

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brk13

Hi kool kid. I have a hkc securewatch at home and I need to get a voice dialler I think? (Want alarm to ring my mobile phone when it activates.) Are these user friendly, could this be done by myself? I'm very handy with telephone cable cat5 etc . having a electrical background.

Easy enough once you can follow the programming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 brk13

Finally got my voice dialler. Can someone help me wire it? It's a risco speech dialler. The terminals are.
    flt (to l/f imput)
    Trg1 (fire control)
    Trg2 (p.a)
    Trg3 (alarm outputs)
    Tamper
    tamper
    0v
    12v
    there is also a phone line on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

brk13 wrote: »
    Finally got my voice dialler. Can someone help me wire it? It's a risco speech dialler. The terminals are.
    flt (to l/f imput)
    Trg1 (fire control)
    Trg2 (p.a)
    Trg3 (alarm outputs)
    Tamper
    tamper
    0v
    12v
    there is also a phone line on it

Posted in other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

KoolKid wrote: »

Hi koolkid

I am only getting around to doing this today!!! I turned off the trip switch for the alarm opened the panel and disconnected the battery, the alarm sounded so I reconnected the battery. How to i power down the alarm, I think I have the correct engineers code, but could not find an option to turn it off totally !!

Thank you.

When you disconnect the mains power & the battery the outside siren will ring. Once the keypad is blank that is the system powered down. Wait a minute and power up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭greasepalm

not too sure if on the same line but received letter from eircom stating that diallers and texting wont work in the future,other providers are doing the same.

• Advertisement

The test service is being removed from Eircom landlines.
    See thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057279063

This will not affect any GSM diallers.

Advertisement