Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieve or access old personal webpages

• 04-01-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi

I created some web pages over a decade ago and would like to try and access them. I don't remember the exact urls from the time.

I did use both Eircom and geocities by yahoo to host Web pages.

Does anyone know I might go about gaining access to these Web pages? I think geocities no longer exists.

Is there away to access cached versions of websites that existed over a decade ago?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Try searching here. http://archive.org/web/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you were using GeoCities there was (might still be) an online archive of every single page on there that you could download .. though it's quite a big file :)

Archive.org is probably your best bet .. though unfortunately its index isn't 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Blacknight wrote: »
    If you were using GeoCities there was (might still be) an online archive of every single page on there that you could download .. though it's quite a big file :)

Archive.org is probably your best bet .. though unfortunately its index isn't 100%

Do you have that? What date is it from? (I'm looking for CollegePark/Quad/7257/* ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Can't seem to find anything on the achieve website.

I used to used my yahoo or geocities accounts to store files in the Web storage that came with the account and also used the webspace to host a small site.

Would the files from the Webster age be available as well or is it just cached versions of old Web pages that are available?

Advertisement